2010.02.26 - Nancy Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nancy said she'd never heard of duct tape being used as the means of murder before, but I've seen it at least once, maybe twice on the crime shows.

Thanks everyone for the updates!! Seriously, I just can't watch the show. Seems like once again NG's "bombshells" are duds. I have yet to see her tell us something we didin't already know! (but hey, we are WSers, right?)

Oh, to all who thanked me for my first thread, thanks for your thanks. I inadvertantly erased your thanks when I went back to edit a spelling error. Please don't think me unappreciative!

Sorry to hear LP looked so sick. I kind of take what he says with a grain of salt, but hat doesn't mean I don't like the guy. I think he has a big (and kind) heart, but a powerful imagination.

Nancy said she'd never heard of duct tape being used as the means of murder before, but I've seen it at least once, maybe twice on the crime shows.

I don't think the prosecution will have any problem proving that this was likely the murder weapon, the tape was on her nose and mouth and wrapped around her head her hair had to be cut to remove the tape, the person (Casey) had no intentions of removing the tape. With the fact that the bones were scattered they have no clue if Caylees hands were bound

Welcome aboard night64003, :woohoo:

So glad you joined us and shared your post's. BTW, I'm in Northern NJ and we had a whopping 2ft of snow by this morning. So we could be somewhat neighbor's! Welcome aboard WS!

I missed the NG show, as we ventured out to dinner tonight and the road's were nasty. Thanks to all tonight who posted about the NG show which I missed.

LP has a LOT of people calling him and telling him theories. i know I have called him at least 3 times with different things. I am sure he gets some things jarbled up. He is a VERY nice man and very EASY to talk to. Rob and Tracy too.

I still think something happened with Caylee in that pool.

LP has a LOT of people calling him and telling him theories. i know I have called him at least 3 times with different things. I am sure he gets some things jarbled up. He is a VERY nice man and very EASY to talk to. Rob and Tracy too.

I still think something happened with Caylee in that pool.

LP has outlived his usefulness in this case. I wish he would go away. Tracy is no one to admire, considering she supports casey.

Evidence kept secret from the defense for 30 days - that's highly unusual. I wonder if this new found evidence being kept underwraps, has anything to do with fingerprints on tape and that there are more than Casey's prints but someone else from her family too?
Wouldn't that call for new charges on someone else? jmo
I love a mystery.

I don't think the prosecution will have any problem proving that this was likely the murder weapon, the tape was on her nose and mouth and wrapped around her head her hair had to be cut to remove the tape, the person (Casey) had no intentions of removing the tape. With the fact that the bones were scattered they have no clue if Caylees hands were bound

Or they found (or can prove) another piece of duct tape was around her hands? Or KC's prints are on "something" - it is truly amazing what they can pull prints from and how they do it.

Evidence kept secret from the defense for 30 days - that's highly unusual. I wonder if this new found evidence being kept underwraps, has anything to do with fingerprints on tape and that there are more than Casey's prints but someone else from her family too?
Wouldn't that call for new charges on someone else? jmo I love a mystery.

bbm:

I don't really get this - kept secret for 30 days. Does that mean in 30 days this "secret evidence" will be released? Why 30 days? What does that do for the prosecution? More test results? Can one of our legal eagles explain?

There is something wrong with the daisy chain theory as KC was due to get out on bail just prior to RK first reporting on August 11th that he had seen something in the woods. KC had just been talking with her parents about getting Caylee home in time for a birthday on the jailhouse tape a few weeks before. There is no way KC would be discussing where Caylee was with anyone, including JB. She still had the family on the hook about the Nanny so if that conversation did take place and overheard it was done after RK actually sited the remains. No, KC was still on a roll with her whoppers at that time. JMO

Edit to include: Plus KC was out on bail when SA offered her limited immuity if she wanted to talk and I believe that was the second time in October. I would think that would have been the time she said something to JB and may be why he asked if she could go out with JB and help seach. Maybe she planned on showing him exactly where she put Caylee.

There is something wrong with the daisy chain theory as KC was due to get out on bail just prior to RK first reporting on August 11th that he had seen something in the woods. KC had just been talking with her parents about getting Caylee home in time for a birthday on the jailhouse tape a few weeks before. There is no way KC would be discussing where Caylee was with anyone, including JB. She still had the family on the hook about the Nanny so if that conversation did take place and overheard it was done after RK actually sited the remains. No, KC was still on a roll with her whoppers at that time. JMO

Edit to include: Plus KC was out on bail when SA offered her limited immuity if she wanted to talk and I believe that was the second time in October. I would think that would have been the time she said something to JB and may be why he asked if she could go out with JB and help seach. Maybe she planned on showing him exactly where she put Caylee.

Imagine what kind of stories KC would weave if she were able to "search" and JUST happen to find her daughter's remains...

I actually don't care when NG's opinions are off-base, I am just glad to see some coverage with the possibility of hearing SOMETHING (anything) new.

Imagine what kind of stories KC would weave if she were able to "search" and JUST happen to find her daughter's remains...

You would have to wonder why LP would continue to say this when it was less than a month after KC's arrest and RK would have had to arrange for his route to be changed which could mean there would be many more people involved. And then to have kept it a secret from LE for this length of time. For every person involved it is less likely the secret would be kept. I don't understand why NG keeps bringing him onto the show. Clearly LP was not well last night and still would not pass up the opportunity to be on the show. I don't get it. JMO

I watched NG last for the first time in months. Agree that we know WAY more than she and her "fact checkers" (haha) do about this case. I thought it was funny though that she actually snorted at the defense trying to throw RK under the bus....and never even mentioned the fact that KC put forth the ZFG story for how long???

Anywho....I was thinking about the daisy chain thing, and it hit me...when my ex was a meter reader, he had a scanner he communicated with the office and it would pick up conversations on portable phones. Perhaps RK heard KC saying something on the phone???? If he was in the area of Hopespring in August when KC was out on bail, maybe this is a possibility? Just thinking outloud.

I will have to look for the thread, I know we have one and discussed this topic. But, last night on NG they played the part of the Jail visit where Casey says she feels Caylee is close to ......for the longest time I thought it was HOME but last night I clearly heard the P at the end of the word and it sounded like HOPE..and I thought did she slip up and say Hope as in Hopespring instead of home. That Caylee is close to HOPE(spring Dr)

Forgive me if this has been said before, but is it just me or did anyone else notice teeth marks on the duct tape they were showing on NG? To me, one of the pictures looked like there was a perfect circle of teeth marks. :( My heart is breaking into little pieces.

Welcome aboard night64003, :woohoo:

So glad you joined us and shared your post's. BTW, I'm in Northern NJ and we had a whopping 2ft of snow by this morning. So we could be somewhat neighbor's! Welcome aboard WS!

I missed the NG show, as we ventured out to dinner tonight and the road's were nasty. Thanks to all tonight who posted about the NG show which I missed.
I'm right there with you bogeygal!

Or they found (or can prove) another piece of duct tape was around her hands? Or KC's prints are on "something" - it is truly amazing what they can pull prints from and how they do it.

bbm:

I don't really get this - kept secret for 30 days. Does that mean in 30 days this "secret evidence" will be released? Why 30 days? What does that do for the prosecution? More test results? Can one of our legal eagles explain?
Swag...the info will hopefully make its way to us (fingers and toes crossed). The State's motion was considered by the judge (in camera)...he also mentioned that if the State needed more time to let him know (just paraphrasing)...so it may be longer than the 30 days. But it is discoverable "material" so we should eventually find out about it.

ETA: I'm not a legal expert...but will go find the discussion thread and add it for ya.

PS- Here you go...
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96499"]Casey Prosecutors Allowed To Keep Evidence Secret - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member