17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they say if the tests had even come back yet? Maybe that is why he didn't have any insight?

If the tests were in they'd have to release them in discovery just like the other reports they will have. jmo

Tippy toeing in with this jumbled question, does anyone know if a man has claimed SYG against a woman or teenage girl and was successful? IYKWIM and IANSIKWIM

IANSIKWIM= I am not sure I know what I mean :D

What really bothers me about this is how many people in our country want to support an accused murderer. It as if his crime pays. It is disgusting. jmo

And they are doing it all in the name of "gun rights" when this case has nothing to do with anyone's right to carry a gun. That is what confuses me so much. Gun owners should be mad at George... not supporting him!

MOO

I would take the word of an expert over that of a father who just lost his son any day! You can't expect a father to be able to comprehend that those screams were his sons. That is for the experts to decide.

IMO, I do believe that both George and Trayvon could have been yelling at different moments, however, those last few seconds of Trayvon's life and listening to those screams and as soon as the shot is fired those screams go silent? That was Trayvon.

MOO

Right wrt to the father. But they will still need to address it. I would argue that a grieving father pursuing justice for his son might err in the opposite direction, if anything.

That said, the first part of my post was about getting 100% expert agreement that it was not George yelling. Imo, that will never happen. Even putting aside the percentage match the Sentinal's expert gave. If the FBI says it was Trayvon, I would give it a better chance that no expert will contradict. But based on the investigator's testimony at the bond hearing, it doesn't sound to ME like that is the case. jmo

You have to remember though Gilbreath is giving out as little as possible about the evidence as possible.

I believe O'Mara is trying to make everything look shaky to the judge and the public to help lower the bond request and to keep the donations coming in. I think that is why he never specifically asked if it was Zimmerman's voice. IMO

Exactly! It was a bond hearing! Nothing more... even though O'Mara tried to put on a mini-trial.

MOO

I don't think the State has to deal with anything. Once they play the tape it will be obvious on the parents faces that they are listening to their son screaming in horror. I believe Mr. Martin said the second time he heard the tape it was much clearer than the first time and he agreed it was his son. Since the tapes have been "cleared" up from when we originally heard them it does sound more like a kid than an adult. jmo

Respectfully, I've heard the Zimmerman family claim its GZ calling for help. I've no reason not to believe the witness John who was right there and he hasn't made the TV show rounds seeking any publicity.

I just listened to his 911 call and in it he does say that the black guy is on the ground and dead. Please that not verbatim. I think he said black guy and not the guy in black. Anyone know for sure because I don't feel like getting the headset back out and listening again, lol.

Do we know for sure which 911 call is John's or a good guess? Wasn't there one where they say the black guy is walking around?

I need to listen to them again.

Do we know for sure which 911 call is John's or a good guess? Wasn't there one where they say the black guy is walking around?

I need to listen to them again.

I think John was the first call that was released?

MOO

I believe if the evidence does not agree with the story GZ has told they would not acquit. Evidence does not support GZ stories of how it happened. Take your pick, the evidence does not match any of them. jmo

Well that's the prosecution's position, and I expect the defense to take that same evidence and present it in a way that supports his story. I'm with you that if the evidence dramatically contradicts his story, find him guilty, but i'm just saying that some of the posters here (not necessarily you) 100% believe the prosecution, they put 100% faith in anything that supports convicting GZ, and discount anything that supports his story.

I just want him to get a fair trial. I think the media has convicted him already, and the evidence has barely started to be released.

I don't want to set a guilty man free, but I definitely do not want to jail an innocent man.

Respectfully, I've heard the Zimmerman family claim its GZ calling for help. I've no reason not to believe the witness John who was right there and he hasn't made the TV show rounds seeking any publicity.

This is where I have a problem. I'm not sure John was close enough to see who was screaming. I'm not sure that it was LE who, like with two other witnesses, told THEM that it was GZ screaming.

We have not heard from John since they knocked on his door that day. We have no idea what he told the SA about what he actually saw that night and what he heard. He could have just as easily, as the other two witnesses, been told that it was GZ screaming.

MOO

I just listened to his 911 call and in it he does say that the black guy is on the ground and dead. Please that not verbatim. I think he said black guy and not the guy in black. Anyone know for sure because I don't feel like getting the headset back out and listening again, lol.

No I absolutely disagree with this, I suggest unfortunately you may have to listen yet again.

What is going to matter is the depositions! All these statements, IMO, are going to be moot because the investigators were leading witnesses to a conclusion that it was GZ screaming. Until we see John's deposition, we have no idea if he ALSO was told by LE that it was GZ screaming and that is why he told the media that it was GZ screaming.

We'll just have to wait and see.

MOO

Right wrt to the father. But they will still need to address it. I would argue that a grieving father pursuing justice for his son might err in the opposite direction, if anything.

That said, the first part of my post was about getting 100% expert agreement that it was not George yelling. Imo, that will never happen. Even putting aside the percentage match the Sentinal's expert gave. If the FBI says it was Trayvon, I would give it a better chance that no expert will contradict. But based on the investigator's testimony at the bond hearing, it doesn't sound to ME like that is the case. jmo

The question was asked about the voice, not whether or not the voice belonged to GZ. Had MOM asked that question the inspector would have said the conclusion from both tests were that it was not consistent with GZ's voice. We already know that. MOM deliberately asked about identifying the voice. No test was done on TM's voice by the OS experts but we know the FBI performed tests. MOM did not ask if the inspector had seen the results of the FBI tests and seriously doubt they have been released because the FBI and Justice Department still have an ongoing investigation. jmo

I still want to know who the neighbor was that took that picture? I want to know why it was so important to take a picture of George's head and not help the dying kid on the ground? You know, the unarmed one that wasn't moving compared to the man who was up, walking around, and making phone calls?

MOO

Oh hallelujah sister, as one of my first posts about this supposed picture stated, whoever took that pic if it is really GZ has just as depraved mind as GZ does, it is more "important" to them to take a picture of a TEENY, TINY SCRATCH, than to try to help a dying child. SICK, SICK, SICK!

I thought his hood was up?

I'd think the color "white" or "gray" would stand out more than "black" or "red."

Like I said... depositions are going to be a lot more important than what these witnesses have said to the media. They will be under oath and have to give a full account of exactly what they saw and what they heard.

Eye witnesses have always been bad. They all see something different. That is why forensic evidence and GZ's story of what happened means so much. If GZ account doesn't match up to the evidence... well the only conclusion we can come to is that he is lying.

MOO

And I would argue that the defendant and his defense team might 'err' in whatever direction would tend to keep him from spending the rest of his natural life in prison for following, confronting and shooting an unarmed teenager to death.

IMO

I think they are trying to navigate a volatile situation and they have no idea what to do.
JMHO of course.

I agree about the navigation, but all of this could have been avoided - O'Mara could have simply told the Judge and not the media. Defense attorneys always have a reason when they get in front of the camera. What is it??

4/10 Zimmerman put up his website with a paypal account attached
4/11 Zimmerman hires O'Mara
4/12 Zimmerman is arrested

Looking at the time linel, I don't see how he could have raised $200,000 in two days, the time GZ was running it. Unless someone let GZ know about the money while he was in jail, I also don't know how he would have knowledge of the amount. Aren't calls and visits to inmates recorded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752