GUILTY KS - Alicia DeBolt, 14, Great Bend, 21 August 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, that does help. Gosh, I hate to think that AD had to go through all that.

Good news for the case. I hope the family can pull together and get through this somehow. God bless them.

I was thinking others were involved but am relieved to know they wasn't involved in this horrible crime against Alicia. I still want to know more about when she left how did she come about being with Adam Longoria if she was with the 19 yr old.

I hate to sound stupid but if she was burned so badly how would they be able to tell there were sex crimes committed against her? I wonder if there were other people there that witnessed this and gave information to the police in exchange for no charges against them...

You don't sound stupid thats a good question. I was watching a forensic show the other night and this lady and her husband had allowed this guy to live with them they considered him a friend. Then suddenly the husband died the wife kept becoming sick. His death and her sickness was due to the stuff in rat posion (I forget what it was called) so they started investigating realized these two sisters the guy had lived with many years ago had suddenly died as well and where cremated, they did testing on the cremated remains and found traces of the same posion. They was able to arrest him and charge him for the deaths. Science is amazing. He was putting it in there food.

I was thinking others were involved but am relieved to know they wasn't involved in this horrible crime against Alicia. I still want to know more about when she left how did she come about being with Adam Longoria if she was with the 19 yr old.

I had come to the conclusion he was alone in this. I think he was the one to pick her up. I think she just told her mom it was a 19 yr old friend picking her up because she wouldnt be able to go with a 36 yr old man. I remember being 14 and telling my mom what ever I thought she wanted to hear to do what I wanted...I had my first child at 15. I just think he was telling her things to get what he wanted and she was believing he was interested in her not just her youth. Im sure he made her feel older and very important.
I just wonder what happened to make him SNAP??? He is a very scary person and im glad they caught him as fast as they did or other kids would surely be in trouble!

You don't sound stupid thats a good question. I was watching a forensic show the other night and this lady and her husband had allowed this guy to live with them they considered him a friend. Then suddenly the husband died the wife kept becoming sick. His death and her sickness was due to the stuff in rat posion (I forget what it was called) so they started investigating realized these two sisters the guy had lived with many years ago had suddenly died as well and where cremated, they did testing on the cremated remains and found traces of the same posion. They was able to arrest him and charge him for the deaths. Science is amazing. He was putting it in there food.

Quite possible it was ARSENIC you were thinking about.

I just went back to the other thread and tried to bring the link over here again but couldnt get it to work. If you go back to thread#2 post 515 it works from there.:)

Just a note: (I learned this the hard way :) if you copy and paste a post any links within won't work. :crazy: But if you bring the post forward in a new link as outlined above, any links within that post will work. Don't ask me! I don't know why LOL.

When is the presser? Did I miss it? Or did I confuse another case with this one?

I thought the sheriff was going to discuss murder charges soon?

TIA.

Just a note: (I learned this the hard way :) if you copy and paste a post any links within won't work. :crazy: But if you bring the post forward in a new link as outlined above, any links within that post will work. Don't ask me! I don't know why LOL.

It's because when you enter a long link it does not show the complete link in the post. It shortens it for the sake of space.

Example....this link is about 5 lines long when you paste it into a post, you'll see that in the address bar of your browser if you click on it. However, obviously it doesn't show up as 5 lines here. That is why the .... shows up in the middle of the link here but not when you go to it.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...18,-122.856867&spn=0.007205,0.013797&t=h&z=16

If you copy just what shows up, it won't work and will just take you to the main default map...because what shows up is not the complete link. If it is a short link like http://maps.google.com then that will show up as a complete link and also should work when you copy a post.

You can always copy the post...but click on the links and then re-paste them into it.

I swear it really is simple even if I made it complicated. :waitasec:

Snipped from Article:

In a brief appearance this morning in Barton County District Court, the 36-year-old former Texas prison inmate was told that he was also being charged with criminal sodomy. The charges say the crimes took place on or about Aug. 21 or 22, after the Great Bend cheerleader left home and was reportedly seen getting into a vehicle.

When Judge Hannelore Kitts asked Longoria whether he understood the charges, he first nodded. Prompted by his attorney, Jeff Wicks, Longoria then said, "Yeah."

At times, he squinted. Before being led off by deputies, he stared at the ceiling and puffed out his clean-shaven cheeks.

Longoria is being represented by attorneys with the Kansas Death Penalty Defense Unit.

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2010/09/07/1481469/person-of-interest-in-14-year.html#ixzz0yrshVSpW

picture.php

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2010/09/07/1481469/person-of-interest-in-14-year.html#ixzz0yrsV0k00

I hate to sound stupid but if she was burned so badly how would they be able to tell there were sex crimes committed against her? I wonder if there were other people there that witnessed this and gave information to the police in exchange for no charges against them...

This article offers very good information about evidence that can still be obtained after a body is burned...

Remains of a body, with or without DNA evidence, can offer evidence, prosecutors say

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2010/09/05/1479214/remains-of-a-body-with-or-without.html#ixzz0yrtvekmF

I had come to the conclusion he was alone in this. I think he was the one to pick her up. I think she just told her mom it was a 19 yr old friend picking her up because she wouldnt be able to go with a 36 yr old man. I remember being 14 and telling my mom what ever I thought she wanted to hear to do what I wanted...I had my first child at 15. I just think he was telling her things to get what he wanted and she was believing he was interested in her not just her youth. Im sure he made her feel older and very important.
I just wonder what happened to make him SNAP??? He is a very scary person and im glad they caught him as fast as they did or other kids would surely be in trouble!

I agree he probably was telling her everything she wanted to hear, and was very kind in the beginning. His girlfriend and her kids are very lucky he didn't snap on them. He could have also told Alicia to pretend a 19 yr was picking her up because he knew her mother wouldn't have allowed that so thats why he drove his girlfriends vehicle. The neighbor was lucky to when she took him to work that day he didn't harm her. I don't think he will ever admit his reasoning, but I think he raped her and then tried burning her body to cover his crime. For fear she would become pregnant or tell someone.

Does Kansas law not allow for NO bail? I realize $1.5 million is a high number, but why on earth any at all? Known flight risk and lifelong criminal.

Boy, didn't poor little Adam look cheesed off. Put on his best "I'm being persecuted" look. :sick:

Scum bag. Pity legal injection is the only method and that he will as likely sit on death row until he dies a "natural" death. Wish they'd simply toss him in with the general prison population and let nature take its course.

According to Kansas statute a charge of "criminal sodomy" is only a class B misdemeanor. It must be considered "aggravated criminal sodomy" to be classified a felony. However, after reading the definitions of both I would tend to think Alicia's case would fall in the "aggravated" category. Perhaps that is the actual charge and the media just shortened it in the article?

http://kansasstatutes.lesterama.org/Chapter_21/Article_35/#21-3505

I read the definition of the statues and I think this case is more in the "aggravated criminal sodomy" category. Both are awful and I feel for this childs family and the things they are going to hear and see when this goes to trial.

Added: I hope AL's girlfriend has taken her daughter for a check-up, just in case.

The look of confusion on AL's face when the SA mentions his past criminal history is absurd! How could he possibly look confused/disgusted when the SA mentions this?

picture.php

The comments sections on the recent articles are disturbing. The locals seem so eager to blame the mother for everything. I think we know enough about criminals to understand that they kill girls walking home from school or any other time during the day. If AL had his eye on her, then only a criminal justice system which kept a repeat offender like him off the streets could have protected poor Alicia.

Men like AL are dangerous REGARDLESS of your curfew or schedule. I think the mom-blamers should be ashamed of themselves for even considering the thought of blaming someone besides AL for this.

I just found this article...doesnt look like AD was the only only child this monster got ahold of...
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010...rged-with-slaying-girl-14/UPI-33751283885841/

The complaint alleges Adam Joseph Longoria, 36, of Great Bend, killed Alicia Debolt Aug. 21 or 22 during or subsequent to an act of criminal sodomy, and that Longoria engaged in sodomy with another child during the same time period, WIBW-TV in Topeka reported. Longoria faces the death penalty if convicted.

I read the definition of the statues and I think this case is more in the "aggravated criminal sodomy" category. Both are awful and I feel for this childs family and the things they are going to hear and see when this goes to trial.

Added: I hope AL's girlfriend has taken her daughter for a check-up, just in case.

I just watched the video of the judge reading the charges and they definitly only charged him with "criminal sodomy" and not "aggravated".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288