MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I agree. Why are police not searching? 'Tis their job, after all, not that of the victims. (I'll take your word on the link - I've looked up so many today I'm not going to put anyone else through it, lol.)

I have no idea in what state I would be were my child to have been kidnapped, and myself subjected to countless hours of grilling. Unlike many, it seems, I was not born with the capacity to walk directly in the shoes of another, though I was given the capacity to understand that human reactions to situations do differ.

And if you're interested in the article, BeanE has linked to it in post #394.

How can they not be searching? Walk the rivers edge? parks, forests, everywhere, anywhere. Dear Lord, where is Lisa?

I can't even rest and I'm down here in Texas! I've refreshed and read and watched this story until I literally have a pain in my neck.

The 'empty house/no one searching' headline is too much to absorb. Where is this precious child?

I keep imagining this playful kitten not sleeping the whole night, and maybe even the son being woke up by this new kitten in the bed. I just wonder why the new stray kitten was allowed to sleep in the parent's bed to begin with and if it means anything that it was mentioned as part to the story.

Lisa looks very well taken care of and clean in all the pics. She looks like a happy baby. Time is of the essence and the parents shouldn't consider having anymore rest days until this baby is found.

All I can think is WORMS, FLEAS, and Lord knows what-all.

I know curiousc. This rest day thing makes me ill.

I'd love to hear Mark Klaas's comments about the parents of a missing child who take a day off. Actually, in a way, that sums the parents up for me. :banghead:

imo

Have you read his blog post on this? It's linked in this thread somewhere. He's obviously suspicious too.

Please re-read my post. You misunderstood it.

Thanks.

I'm not sure what it supposed to be misunderstood? You seemed to imply that the aunt didn't hang fliers as she was selling t-shirts instead. Did you mean to say or imply something else?

There's woods nearby that police searched briefly. If my child was missing, I'd be out in the street searching, I'm tellin' ya. I would be screaming her name.

This^^^ I can barely talk to my husband about this case w/o crying. If the police wanted to question me, they could accompany while I searched high and low. If the police thought there was some clue in the woods behind the house, I'd be out there covering every square inch.

I would max out every credit card I had to print flyers, to get word out that my child was missing. But I would expect my family to step up and help w/that sort of stuff. I'd want to be there when my child was found.

If anyone comes across the article stating details of the parents communicating yesterday with LE can you post it? I had to take a couple of pain pills today and I am not operating 100%. I apologize and TIA. I'm still looking too.

I found this article today.
It states LE hadn't talked with LE since Thursday.
We now know the parents talked to LE on the phone today.

Update: Parents still have not talked to LE since Thursday:

UPDATED: 10:46 am CDT October 8, 2011

Police said they still have not heard from Lisa's parents since it was announced on Thursday that Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley stopped "cooperating" with investigators.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/29426869/de...#ixzz1aCyGOo00

thanks to all who linked me to the article about the stray kitten :)

I guess I am curious as to what is so interesting/telling/shocking about the kitten angle? Maybe I am just being obtuse, but I don't see what is so notable about them taking in a stray kitten. With all the posts about this kitten I thought perhaps it played some instrumental role in this case of a missing child.

As to why the parents are giving these kinds of details. I think they are pretty much damned if they do - damned if they don't.

There will be a faction/mindset that says "see, all this unneeded detail, it is weird, and makes me suspicious."

If the parents just stick to the basics of we found her missing, we ran around the house,we called 911 there will be an equally convinced faction/mindset that says "hey, their answers sound scripted, why no details of their evening, why just these few facts being given by mom and dad?"

Still hoping and praying this baby is found, unharmed.

Joseph Robinson stopped by the Irwin home on Saturday morning, to participate in a search. He was surprised to learn that there were no organized searches underway.
"I just think as a community we need to come together and look for this baby," said Robinson
More than a decade ago, Robinson helped with the Precious Doe case, a girl who's dismembered body was found near 59th and Kensington in 2001. After her body was found, Robinson joined a team of volunteers who searched for child's head and found it days later.
"It really hurts me to see all these children being hurt," said Robinson.
Robinson canvassed the neighborhood handing out fliers, that he used his own money to print. He's waiting for an organized search effort to get underway, but until then, he plans to hand out flyers and look for Lisa Irwin on his own.

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/local_news/search-for-lisa-irwin-comes-to-a-halt#ixzz1aDuZA5ga

Bless his heart!!

Was this search for Baby Doe in this same neighborhood? Or same city? tia

Does anyone know if LE has done any river searches? I heard this mentioned but can't remember. TIA if anyone does.

Do you have any examples of these set-ups? All I can think of right now is the English case of Shannon Matthews, in terms of a child being hidden away for purposes of financial gain. I'd certainly entertain the possibility if I were shown that it was a done thing - because it would mean Lisa Irwin is still alive. And no matter our various differences on this thread, that is what we ALL want.

The balloon boy case is another one.... fame laced with financial gain. People do crazy things.

I'm not sure what it supposed to be misunderstood? You seemed to imply that the aunt didn't hang fliers as she was selling t-shirts instead. Did you mean to say or imply something else?

I did not state as fact that anyone is selling tshirts.

I'm sorry you didn't understand my post.

Have you read his blog post on this? It's linked in this thread somewhere. He's obviously suspicious too.

:seeya:Hi natsound. Yes, I read it just a few hours ago. Mark K. is definitely suspicious.

I still can't get over the parents not talking to LE at the station. The officers seem on the up and up to me.

imo

Thanks for the effort. I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone has said that dad actually met with FBI on Friday, just a phone call. I think the original statement that he had talked to FBI on Friday came from the cousin/spokesman Mike.

I believe you are correct. That would be the best I could offer as LE or the Feds have not confirmed any contact. Well other than SY denying it.

i would give this post a 100 "thanks" if i could!

LE obviously(to me) is not interested in looking at anyone else. that worries me. why does LE think that? if they are so sure the family has done something to Lisa, why have they not arrested them? i would be ANGRY if i was innocent, and LE refused to look elsewhere.

Well I can say that they are looking at everyone else. Just because everybody isn't in the media stating that they are being questioned doesn't mean that they aren't. They have asked everybody in the neighborhood and searched almost every square inch just for starters.

The balloon boy case is another one.... fame laced with financial gain. People do crazy things.
Forgot about balloon boy. Good example. That was a wacky "WTH?" debacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker