Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just interpreted "they" to mean he thought he knew who might have done it, not that there were multiple shooter involved.

Wow...funerals are today. Why was I thinking they were tomorrow? First one has been held. Any covereage/feed of them? I cannot even imagine the pain their families feel.

HENRYETTA — Several hundred people filled the Dewar First Baptist Church this morning to remember one of the two girls gunned down on a rural Okfuskee County road earlier this week.

The body of Taylor Dawn Paschal-Placker, 13, lay in a pristine white casket draped with a blanket of pink and white carnations as her family and friends passed by. Some stopped and shook their heads in disbelief as the passed the girl's casket.

Several of the girl's family members were sobbing so hard they had to be held up.

~snip~

Outside, media cameras gathered on a grassy patch. A gang of motorcyclists from Bikers Against Child Abuse stood in front of the cameras and held up their jackets in an attempt to block the cameras.

http://www.newsok.com/article/3257029/ (Bolded by me)

I had a feeling BACA would be there to prevent any interruptions. Good people!!

Last time I checked, drug dealers and arms runners don't worry about permits or what guns are "common". They care more about outpowering LE and others who they deem as an enemy.

Drug dealers/drug runners do not make it a mission to murder two kids. They have more important things to concern themselves with. Like LE.

I truly believe the shooter/shooters chose this at random and for the thrill. I also feel that the shooter/shooters are somewhat local to the area. It could have been anyone at that time and place who would have been killed. These two angels were in the wrong place at the wrong time. IMVHO...

Investigators widen search for killers of girls near Weleetka

OKEMAH — Officials here appear to have widened their search for suspects in the brutal killings of two girls, ages 11 and 13.

~snip~

Rosser did say his investigation is taking officials outside this part of east-central Oklahoma, to places such as Oklahoma City, Tulsa and Seminole. Tips have come in from neighboring states, he said.

Twelve people were working on the investigation in nearby Okemah this morning. At least 10 more officers have been spread out in the other locations, he said.

Rosser said the fact that the girls were shot in such a remote place leads him to believe any suspects would come from this area of east central Oklahoma, about 75 miles east of Oklahoma City. He also said the killer or killers may have ties to this part of the state.

~snip~

Rosser spoke to the media from a command center in the Okfuskee County Courthouse. Black-and-white photocopies of evidence — a boot print in the dirt road, for instance — were taped to the wall. Most of the evidence was covered from public viewing. Rosser had drawn a map of the country road, and the bridge near where the girls were shot, on a marker board in the fourth-floor office. Investigators pecked on laptops.

http://www.newsok.com/article/3256954/

Last time I checked, drug dealers and arms runners don't worry about permits or what guns are "common". They care more about outpowering LE and others who they deem as an enemy.

When was the last time you heard about a drug bust (or any crime) when fully automatic weapons were involved?

They don't need a fully automatic assault rifle to outgun the police. Semi-auto weapons do that just fine.

Drug dealers/drug runners do not make it a mission to murder two kids. They have more important things to concern themselves with. Like LE.

I truly believe the shooter/shooters chose this at random and for the thrill. I also feel that the shooter/shooters are somewhat local to the area. It could have been anyone at that time and place who would have been killed. These two angels were in the wrong place at the wrong time. IMVHO...

I agree it's not their "mission" to murder girls, but they do murder potential witnesses which is what some of think these girls were. I agree that the girls were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The whole thing has reminded me of the 8 remote graves found in Florida at a murderers dumping ground. What would he have done if someone had walked by who could later id him or the car?

I wish I knew what to think in this case. I pray to God they solve it. Those poor little girls and their families !!

If what they have uncovered so far through the witness and evidence is causing them to widen the search to OKC, Tulsa, and Seminole. It goes back to what I said in the beginning about this being gang/drug related and this being a possible drop point.

I agree it's not their "mission" to murder girls, but they do murder potential witnesses which is what some of think these girls were. I agree that the girls were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The whole thing has reminded me of the 8 remote graves found in Florida at a murderers dumping ground. What would he have done if someone had walked by who could later id him or the car?

I honestly do not see this as drug related as in dealing or "cooking". I truly cannot help but think this was a thrill killing.

If there was such a reputation for any kind of drugs/dealers in that specific area, I do not think *any* family member would have allowed their children to walk on that road. It has been said one of the young angels would walk this road almost daily. It just does not add up...

I suppose that its possible that it is some disturbed person getting their kicks with a random killing, but I am thinking more along the same lines as you SS.

I think its more likely, the way these two girls were just executed in a frenzy, that they came upon something they saw or someone thought they saw. I think that to be killed in overkill like that, someone wanted to make sure that these girls were definately dead and not talking.

When was the last time you heard about a drug bust (or any crime) when fully automatic weapons were involved?

They don't need a fully automatic assault rifle to outgun the police. Semi-auto weapons do that just fine.

Mean streets: AK-47-type guns are turning up in US more often, leaving a trail of blood

Figures from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, obtained by The Associated Press through public records requests, show a marked increase in the number of AK-type weapons traced and entered into the agency's computer database because they had been seized or connected to a crime.

The numbers corroborate what police chiefs around the country have been saying: AKs and other so-called assault weapons are terrorizing their communities and endangering their officers.

The numbers are reflected in some of the most horrifying violence of the past year, including a deadly shooting rampage at a department store in Omaha, Nebraska.

They're reflected in the growing number of police forces equipping their officers with higher-powered guns to match the bad guys' firepower.

http://www.newser.com/article/d8vpcvl84.html

I honestly do not see this as drug related as in dealing or "cooking". I truly cannot help but think this was a thrill killing.

If there was such a reputation for any kind of drugs/dealers in that specific area, I do not think *any* family member would have allowed their children to walk on that road. It has been said one of the young angels would walk this road almost daily. It just does not add up...
It is Oklahoma and they are a bit naive about safety in the rural areas to this day. I know of a woman's church group from a small town that walk several miles on an isolated stretch of road for exercise. Kids are allowed to roam freely in the countryside and people don't think violent crime relates to them. It is always a "city problem" and "never going to happen to us, it is only what we see on the news" type of thinking. It adds up perfectly knowing the mind set.

A lot of the "drug dealers" were the same kids who used to hang out with their own kids, mow their lawns, or play sports...so they don't really have a healthy fear of them as they would if strangers. Make sense?

I can pull out article after article here in Tulsa where children were targeted or sitting in a home and killed by drug dealing gang bangers. They do not care. It is getting their message across that counts and silencing those who might be tempted to testify against them for other crimes. It goes on here constantly. I just don't post them because there are too many.

If you don't live in an area where gang warfare is prevalent, you wouldn't get the full impact of how they live and what they do. Trust me, they would kill two little girls to silence them and not think twice about doing it.

Mean streets: AK-47-type guns are turning up in US more often, leaving a trail of blood

http://www.newser.com/article/d8vpcvl84.html

That's for that link, SS. That was a very interesting and informative read.

It is Oklahoma and they are a bit naive about safety in the rural areas to this day. I know of a woman's church group from a small town that walk several miles on an isolated stretch of road for exercise. Kids are allowed to roam freely in the countryside and people don't think violent crime relates to them. It is always a "city problem" and "never going to happen to us, it is only what we see on the news" type of thinking. It adds up perfectly knowing the mind set.

I agree about rural verses city. I grew up in the city, and we also had a cottage in the rural area. It was not unusual for us kids to explore, not only our 14 acres, but also the acres surrounding ours. One time we had a shotgun pointed at us for tresspassing. One reason the girls had cell phones was to call if there was anything suspicious. I sincerely doubt anyone ever in a million years expected this outcome. This case really gets to me.

I just interpreted "they" to mean he thought he knew who might have done it, not that there were multiple shooter involved.

I took his statement as just a generic "they." Like when you hear someone say, "They say it might rain," or, "Well, you know what they say...life's hard," or whatever.

I can pull out article after article here in Tulsa where children were targeted or sitting in a home and killed by drug dealing gang bangers. They do not care. It is getting their message across that counts and silencing those who might be tempted to testify against them for other crimes. It goes on here constantly. I just don't post them because there are too many.

If you don't live in an area where gang warfare is prevalent, you wouldn't get the full impact of how they live and what they do. Trust me, they would kill two little girls to silence them and not think twice about doing it.

I'm guessing this is what happened. I'm not sure how outspoken these two were, but they may have threatened to tell.

I took his statement as just a generic "they." Like when you hear someone say, "They say it might rain," or, "Well, you know what they say...life's hard," or whatever.
Welcome to WS, Mouse! Yes...could very well be. I don't think it means anything to the case.

I think when they make an arrest we are all going to be shocked at the motive. .
Hi everyone -- I'm a new poster here, though I've been reading the boards for a very long time, and hope you don't mind me jumping into the fray.

What Garnan said strikes me as right-on. Here's a wager that when we find out motive, we'll see that it was an attempt to cover up an accident: something involving illegal hunting, perhaps, with unregistered firearms.

Several articles have mentioned that the bridge area was popular with hunters, which suggests that that kind of activity was at very least not unheard-of. The perps could be a bunch of locals (or close enough) riding around in a truck, maybe with a couple of the guys in the back. Almost surely, they've been drinking, maybe even for most of the day (the girls were killed around 5:30 pm). It's possible that they're driving around with the intent to hunt, but my guess would be that the incident is more spontaneous. They're driving along, someone drunkenly sees what they think is a deer up ahead, and the gun comes out.

Now, I know this might sound absolutely ridiculous at first, but this kind of thing happens all the time (which, of course, is why those hunting regulations exist in the first place). And what happens when you combine drunken idiots with firearms? Disaster.

From the moment the mistake is made, things could have gone many, many different ways, but however it went, it happened very, very quickly. Maybe they made the u-turn when they spotted their "prey" and swung around to get the shot; maybe a couple of guys in the back of the truck shot at the same time. In any case, it's probable that they realized their mistake almost instantly, and to save their own *advertiser censored**es, kept firing. Why? Not only were they driving drunk, hunting illegally, and in possession of illegal firearms. They'd accidentally shot a CHILD (or two children; maybe one was shot first and they killed the other to eliminate the witness). I wouldn't be surprised if one or more of the perps is already on probation, or has been in trouble with the law before, which would up the panic factor even more.

I don't know how this works out with the questions about trajectory -- obviously that's super-crucial -- but this might explain in part how the situation bears the earmarks of a thrill kill *and* an "insurance" murder: because it was both. And that what lies between these two unspeakable crimes is a tragic, senseless, horrific accident.

Just some thoughts...

If you lived in the area/States I am from, you would completely understand I get the impact. In fact, I have no doubt this part of the country has seen far worse than Tulsa.

I humbly disagree with you as far as gang/drug related. I honestly believe the outcome will shock that county. As long as there is justice for these 2 angels, well, I'll keep hoping for resolving these murders and both families can have some heart peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford