Scott Weiland, Stone Temple Pilots singer, dead at 48

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Washington Post:

Scott Weiland, Stone Temple Pilots singer who struggled with addiction, dead at 48

Scott Weiland, the singer of Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver who spent much of his life battling substance abuse, is dead at 48.

Weiland, on tour with his group Scott Weiland and the Wildabouts, was found dead on his tour bus in Minnesota. The cause of his death was not immediately known.
---
more at link above

[video=youtube;ClcGBoT-wuw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClcGBoT-wuw[/video]

The last cool rock star. RIP Scott.

Saw STP live in concert before they were big. They put on a hell of a show and I was a fan from there on. RIP Scott :(

Man oh man...Scott at his sexiest, sigh:

[video=youtube;YxS4lqppZ6Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxS4lqppZ6Y[/video]

One of my favorite singers. STP was such a great band, I still listen to them. So sad RIP Scott

A sad and untimely loss of an enormous talent.

I hope you can rest now, Scott.:rose:

I was never an STP fan but matou's right, Weiland was a capital-R capital-S...Rock Star.

the concourse.deadspin.com:

Farewell, Elegant Bachelor: Scott Weiland, RIP

The thing about being a rock star in the ’90s is you had to act like you hated being a rock star, and this is where Scott Weiland made his first mistake. As frontman for Stone Temple Pilots, whose 1992 debut Core was an instant Columbia House Hall of Famer, he swaggered and sashayed and preened and performed in an era when all that ***** was deeply, fatally uncool. Sure, he did plenty of brooding—it was the ’90s, we all did—but there was a weird aroused undertone. He turned uncoolness into both a high and a dark art. He slithered while pretty much everyone else just sulked.
---
more at the link above

A sad and untimely loss of an enormous talent.

I hope you can rest now, Scott.:rose:

You said it best.

Scott was a phenomenal vocalist, musician, and song writer. I'm very sad that he passed away.

I'm also freaked out, and I want to share why.

A couple of months ago I started thinking about Scott a lot.
I wanted to read his ex wife, Mary Forsberg Weiland's book
"Fall to Pieces". She's in the video of that song too. I had a nearby library send it to my library, and so for weeks reading it I thought about Scott.

I JUST RETURNED THE BOOK THIS WEEK. Then, I started catching some of his old songs on the radio. Days later...

Weird, huh. I guess sometimes I tune into something that is about to happen. I was hoping it'd be some great new music releases.

:rose: Fly free and at peace, dear Scott.

[video=youtube;zsEaicoPdgg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsEaicoPdgg&index=45&list=PLsxYvYZcH5eX2Uh XBF0OD9907JHqxWmB-[/video]

His first wife Janina was a friend of mine.
He hung out with us some in a bar in Sierra Madre and at a friends house in that town.
Always a gentleman.

Stone Temple Pilots were a big part of the soundtrack of my life in the 90's. It breaks my heart to see him go so young...a true rock star and his music evokes happy memories of a more carefree and fun decade for me. RIP Mr. Weiland.

My bro met him, unfortunately during a drug related encounter. Purple album has been on repeat. Huge influence for me in the 90's, and still today. Hugs to his wife and kiddos.

As I shared with you in an above post, I just finished reading Mary's book. Mary used to be a well-known model and she's the mother of the two children she had with Scott. Bless her, she got clean and healthy, and has been raising the children they brought into this world together. I say this because I support her right to say what she's feeling now.

I've been waiting to hear how Scott's death affected Mary and the children. One thing I don't doubt, she really loved Scott.

Here it is.
Scott Weiland's Family: 'Don't Glorify This Tragedy'
A letter from late singer’s ex-wife, Mary Weiland, on behalf of his two children
By Mary Forsberg Weiland December 7, 2015

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...t-glorify-this-tragedy-20151207#ixzz3timf5WbH

or also here
https://www.yahoo.com/music/scott-weilands-second-wife-pens-heartbreaking-041739361.html

As I shared with you in an above post, I just finished reading Mary's book. Mary used to be a well-known model and she's the mother of the two children she had with Scott. Bless her, she got clean and healthy, and has been raising the children they brought into this world together. I say this because I support her right to say what she's feeling now.

I've been waiting to hear how Scott's death affected Mary and the children. One thing I don't doubt, she really loved Scott.

Here it is.
Scott Weiland's Family: 'Don't Glorify This Tragedy'
A letter from late singer’s ex-wife, Mary Weiland, on behalf of his two children
By Mary Forsberg Weiland December 7, 2015

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...t-glorify-this-tragedy-20151207#ixzz3timf5WbH

or also here
https://www.yahoo.com/music/scott-weilands-second-wife-pens-heartbreaking-041739361.html

I recently read her book (and Scott's) over the summer. I've seen Scott live so many times, I've lost count - with STP, Velvet Revolver, and solo/Wildabouts. I last saw him on Sunday 11/29, 4 days before he passed. I feel heartbroken over his passing.

I respect Mary and all she's been through, and I respect her right to her feelings. I have really mixed feelings about her statement. It's real, and raw, but it's also putting Scott on blast and he can't defend himself. We all know he was an addict. I don't think this is the right time to talk about his failings as a parent, before he's even put in the ground.

I kind of feel like she's blaming the fans for wanting to see him as a hot mess.

When I saw him with the Wildabouts in August 2013, he was beyond f'd up. Slurring, falling, tie wrapped around his head. Crawling on the stage. Most people left, after yelling obnoxious things at him. I just wanted to cry. I never wanted to see him like that. I'll never forget it. I don't believe that most of his fans wanted to see him like that.

On Sunday, during the encore break, some people started chanting STP! STP! When Scott came back out, he said: We aren't STP. We are the Wildabouts, and my name is Scott.

How can I miss someone I never knew personally? It's not logical, but it's how I feel. RIP Scott.

You said it best.

Scott was a phenomenal vocalist, musician, and song writer. I'm very sad that he passed away.

I'm also freaked out, and I want to share why.

A couple of months ago I started thinking about Scott a lot.
I wanted to read his ex wife, Mary Forsberg Weiland's book
"Fall to Pieces". She's in the video of that song too. I had a nearby library send it to my library, and so for weeks reading it I thought about Scott.

I JUST RETURNED THE BOOK THIS WEEK. Then, I started catching some of his old songs on the radio. Days later...

Weird, huh. I guess sometimes I tune into something that is about to happen. I was hoping it'd be some great new music releases.

:rose: Fly free and at peace, dear Scott.

Wow, that's very strange. Just a few weeks ago me and my band were sitting around thinking of some acoustic numbers to do - and I suggested Plush. Hadn't listened to STP in years, but having to learn that song made me start listening to STP's entire catalog and I'd been listening to Scott's music just about every day for the last month or so. When I heard the news of his death last week it really hit me hard. Made me very sad. Can't say I was surprised, but it was still a blow.

I just read Mary's letter in Rolling Stone. Can't say I blame her at all for the way she and the children must have felt when Scott abandoned them as a father. I think maybe the piece was released too soon, but then again... If she had released it later it may not have had such an impact. She's right, everything I've read before her piece said that he was a loving father and blah blah blah and I just assumed he was. I'm sure he did the best he could, but drugs ultimately were his priority over his children because of his addiction. Must have really added more hurt to Mary and their children to read the glorified pieces about Scott being a loving father when the reality of it all was he was not really there for them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back