NY - LISK Bodies found as of December 10, 2011 Thread #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be in everyone's best interest to not meet up out of this forum...That's my opinion.

LINative13--that would be fantastic if you'd go and look around where Shannon's body was found and the general area-as well as taking lots of pics! I'd be interested to see the path in and how it looks. Also would like to see more photos of the actual scene where she was found. I wonder how much brush was cut down by the police in that area? I wish I had some advice on how to best avoid ticks other than wear plenty of clothing to cover up. Great idea scandi to go around the time Shannon disappeared!

relay--I like your idea of walking the route that Shannon alledgedly took along with taking pics. Please be very careful, I'd recommend going with somebody else because of the drainage ditches--here's a video by Stuart Cameron of the Suffolk Co. Police talking about them at around 1:57 :

http://fios1news.com/longisland/node/9617

Here is a picture of their locations along with the approximate areas circled. I roughly cross referenced the belongings using houses on the map of where she and her belongings were found, which is more from the side of the area rather than directly above it. As you can see, there are a quite a few of these drainage ditches. I found it interesting that her belongings were found close to an "intersection" of the ditches. After watching the video again, it probably would be too dangerous to try to walk through there unless it hasn't rained much.

DrainageDitchesinRelationtoShannonsBelongingsandBody_2920.jpg

I'm looking forward to what you can come up with from the area!

I believe you have the location of her remains wrong. There was a post here where we looking at this issue. I think I measured it out and what not. I would have to find that one.

the quiet girl-yes, it's quite possible that I have the location of her body wrong. I did say that these circles were approximate, the other picture that I used to cross reference was probably taken from a helicopter. It was from alot lower altitude and taken from the west of the area, not directly above. It was the one that was in the media with the broken circles on it, of course now I can't find it in my files...I just wanted relay and anyone else planning on trying to make a foray through there where the drainage ditches probably were. If you have the more exact location of the body measured out, I'd definately be interested in seeing it. I'm sure the locals like LINative13 and truthspider etc. know exactly where the path is that leads to it.

relay--yes, I think the idea to go in May when the car show is happening would be the right move. Please take some pictures, I'd like to see what that area looks like as well as the drainage ditches. I'm wondering what condition they're in. Thanks in advance!

THE INDYPENDENT
Sex Workers in the Shadows
BY ALLISON BURTCH
MARCH 30, 2012
ISSUE #175
http://indypendent.org/2012/03/30/sex-workers-shadows

"If a string of wealthy businessmen or politicians were to disappear, chances are the New York Police Department would take it seriously. But when 911 calls are made regarding sex workers, little is done. At least that was what Melissa Barthelemy’s parents experienced when they reported her missing in 2009. After calling her Bronx apartment for three days and receiving no answer, her parents contacted the NYPD. According to the Daily News, the sergeant who answered the phone hung up."

Just for reference, here is a link to the first of three youtube video's about a video that includes interviews with Joel Rifkin. Really interesting because I guarantee you the current LISK is fascianted with this story too...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEhxBR96mHg&feature=relmfu"]The Original Long Island Serial Killer 1/3 - YouTube[/ame]

LongIslandPress.com
New Homicide Squad
Commander Leads Gilgo Case
By Timothy Bolger on April 3rd, 2012
http://www.longislandpress.com/2012/04/03/new-homicide-squad-commander-leads-gilgo-case/

"Det. Lt. Jack Fitzpatrick replaced retiring Det. Lt. Gerard Pelkofsky on March 1. Fitzpatrick had run the unit from 2002 to 2010, when former Commissioner Richard Dormer replaced him with Pelkofsky over an administrative flap. Now, Fitzpatrick is back and giving fresh perspective to the daunting task at hand."

“I’m still in the process of reviewing the mountain of materials that are involved in this case,” Fitzpatrick told the Press. “The people who were involved in the investigation are here, that won’t put us at a disadvantage at the end of the day."

Anyone ever considered the angle of: illegal organ harvesting?

It seems that many of the bodies were skeletinized upon discovery.

I do know that in history, there were criminals who were paid to provide bodies for medical research, and they murdered people for that purpose. I'm sure that some of the victims were prostitutes, or other "marginalized" persons.

I do know that in history, there were criminals who were paid to provide bodies for medical research, and they murdered people for that purpose. I'm sure that some of the victims were prostitutes, or other "marginalized" persons.

Interesting...

I do not think anyone has mentioned that angle before.

I did...sorta, here

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7479605&postcount=58"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Rumor Mill -- unsubstantiated, yet possible relevant information[/ame]

Might not be murders there

Some have mentioned snuff films, stuff of that nature

There could be other uses made of those bodies, or parts.....

Many have wondered just what SG may have seen...that put such a fear in her

Nah...

Seaslug, Thanks for bumping up so many threads this early morning.

Seaslug, Thanks for bumping up so many threads this early morning.

You are very welcome.

I just hope that each thread remains on topic. We surely have enough threads to discuss each aspect of this case. We already put so much hard work and effort into researching and discussing the facts. Rumors will hopefully be directed towards the Rumor Mill discussion and not infest threads where they do not belong.

My friends sister was killed and dismembered back in the early 80's. Her killer was never found. I often wonder if she is connected to this case:

Feb. 1, 1982 TINA ELIZABETH FOGLIA disappeared from a Hammerheads nightclub, Sunrise Highway in West Islip. She was seen leaving with a man. She was found on Southern State Pky, which is a 5 min. drive from Oak Beach. Found in 3 separate plastic trash bags. She was dismembered with a surgical instrument and found by workers picking up garbage. Police always felt that the person who did this could be a doctor or has experience in surgery. She was found a couple of days after leaving the club. Shulman and Rifken were ruled out.

Anyone find it coincidental that JB's liquor store is a stone's throw away as the crow flies from where Hammerhead's used to be?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-10-22-17-39-35.png
    Screenshot_2012-10-22-17-39-35.png
    1 MB · Views: 89
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics