State v Bradley Cooper 3-17-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to the blackberry pearl one last time for me. It seems that 10 consecutive failed attempts at unlocking will result in data being wiped, not sure where 20 attempts is coming from. Could BC has entered 9 consecutive failures before the device was secured by LE. If the LEO even attempted to enter 1 password without knowledge of the password then this is a very serious concern to me. I am interested in hearing this testimony, hopefully JA Young is also not UC. Also, as a citizen of Cary, if the LEO screwed this up then I would wonder why he is still employed.

The 20 came from the defense. They said 10 wipes out the data but that there is backup data on the BB. And it required 10 more attempts to wipe out the backup data for a total of 20. So JAY was in posession of it for at least the 2nd 10 and most likely the first 10. It also supposedly warns you that it is going to delete after the next failed attempt.

OK, The pictures of the garage are taken at a bit of an angle, and the lense tends to make things closer to the camera look a bit larger than they are, but I have a fairly good feeling about this measurement.

The small door near the top right of the picture looks to be a standard door. Those are usually about 3' 6". Using that as a scale against that wall means that the next 3' would put you a little to the right of center in that brown board that is propped against the wall. The next 3' would place you a little to the right of the step ladder. Next 3' you are just to the right of the electrical panel. Those panels are designed to fit between studs that are set 16" on center, which means the panel is a little less than 15" wide. It starts getting kind of hard to judge after that, but you can see the right side of a water heater in the next 3', and the heater is probably about 3' in diameter.

Adding this up, removing the Barbie car would have given him a little over 9' maybe closer to 10.

I just checked the specs on a new BMW and they are a tad over 14' long. Seeing as the garage is some over 21, he could have not completely cleaned one side of the garage and still gotten the car in there with room to spare. It would take a little room in the back to walk, etc.

By my estimates, the door is 3' in width, and it is the door that exits to the side of the house. Judging from the wall on the left and going towards the overhead door, I'm estimating about 7 feet. That should leave about 15 feet for a car.

http://wwwcache.wral.com/asset/specialreports/nancycooper/2011/03/17/9287831/172287-bc2-484x359.jpg

I'm thinking that something he saw on the computer (was it 10:30?) put him over the boiling point. They indicated that all the lights in the house were off when she was going home at midnight. He indicated that he was sleeping in the girls room. (I wondered about this. A big "Why?") My thought was that he heard the key in the door and came down and confronted her in the foyer. After that I have no ideas.

Cheyenne, I thought of this exact thing earlier. I think at 1030pm he was reading an email that pushed him towards hating her even more.. I think we will find out what that email had in it, the more I think about it the more I realize how super important this fact is. Reminds me of the Michael Peterson trial, eh?

The 20 came from the defense. They said 10 wipes out the data but that there is backup data on the BB. And it required 10 more attempts to wipe out the backup data for a total of 20. So JAY was in posession of it for at least the 2nd 10 and most likely the first 10. It also supposedly warns you that it is going to delete after the next failed attempt.

Excellent catch (if it is his left hand that had the bandaid)

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

Mine doesn't look too far off that. Though in my case there is usually at least one of my two cats lounging on it. I was embarrassed today as I forgot that there were going to be electricians in my place. I was going to make the bed but Dexter looked so cozy that I felt bad disturbing his slumber (poor dear needs all 23 hours of beauty sleep or else he gets cranky).

Then next thing I knew I had 2 electricians in my bedroom probably thinking that I'm a pig. (made worse by the fact that both cats got caught in the bedroom when the guys showed up so they burrowed under all the covers to hide. (just ignore the 2 cat shaped lumps under my messy bed covers)

:floorlaugh:

I like that you named your cat;) Dexter!

I think it's interesting that Nancy was having her rings turned into something else, and Brad was still wearing his ring. Nancy was sleeping in the master bedroom, and Brad had been put out of the bedroom.

I think he killed her in the foyer, as the cops suggest. Was he waiting at the door when she returned, or did he chase her down the stairs after a confrontation upstairs?

As I had said earlier, I think he may have been on her as soon as she got in the door. Probably after, as was said earlier, BC probably found something on the web (or maybe her phone) that put him over. He had had it. Either he immediately grabbed and killed her, or he confronted her & she was also looking for a fight -- and he won.
icon8.gif

Excellent catch (if it is his left hand that had the bandaid)

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

Thanks! I double checked, and it was the left hand.

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Undercover officer: "I noticed that Mr. Cooper had a band-aid on the middle finger of his left hand." #coopertrial

OK, The pictures of the garage are taken at a bit of an angle, and the lense tends to make things closer to the camera look a bit larger than they are, but I have a fairly good feeling about this measurement.

The small door near the top right of the picture looks to be a standard door. Those are usually about 3' 6". Using that as a scale against that wall means that the next 3' would put you a little to the right of center in that brown board that is propped against the wall. The next 3' would place you a little to the right of the step ladder. Next 3' you are just to the right of the electrical panel. Those panels are designed to fit between studs that are set 16" on center, which means the panel is a little less than 15" wide. It starts getting kind of hard to judge after that, but you can see the right side of a water heater in the next 3', and the heater is probably about 3' in diameter.

Adding this up, removing the Barbie car would have given him a little over 9' maybe closer to 10.

I just checked the specs on a new BMW and they are a tad over 14' long. Seeing as the garage is some over 21, he could have not completely cleaned one side of the garage and still gotten the car in there with room to spare. It would take a little room in the back to walk, etc.

Based on the floorplans the garage is approx. 19'.4"W X 22'D.. Does that help at all?

From the tweet: Cary detective says any number of things could have been used to suffocate Nancy Cooper-pillow, sheet, clothing.

Can you actually strangle someone with a pillow? Strange choice of murder weapon. But then, I'm sure this detective has run across numerous cases of folks strangled with pillows.

I warned you I could be/would be snarky.

Too funny...yesterday the prosecution was interviewing the man who found NC's body and said the words "Pedestrian Vehicles" - what are those?

Will this be called a "crime of passion"? I believe so.

Thanks for the clarification. I would love to see the dimensions from the garage door to that table versus the length of the car. If it fit with the table there, it would be a very tight fit. So if he could get the car in, would he have enough space between the car and garage door to maneuver to put a body in? I guess he could try to put a body in from the side, but that wouldn't be easy.

Too funny...yesterday the prosecution was interviewing the man who found NC's body and said the words "Pedestrian Vehicles" - what are those?

A pedestrian vehicle is designed and manufactured for the use of the disabled. It must be less than 48 inches wide, have an engine displacement of less than 300cubic centimeters and less than 12 brake horsepower,and not be capable of exceeding 30 mph

Thanks! I double checked, and it was the left hand.

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Undercover officer: "I noticed that Mr. Cooper had a band-aid on the middle finger of his left hand." #coopertrial

5 days later????

Come on. We know it wasn't a knife cut.
A superficial abrasion could have totally healed in 5 days.

5 days later????

Come on. We know it wasn't a knife cut.
A superficial abrasion could have totally healed in 5 days.

Again, all it shows is that he didn't have a significant enough injury on his hand that it was visible in those photos 5 days later. So it has to be a non-issue in this trial since the police didn't actually take pictures of it. I don't think it is reasonable to speculate on an injury where the only evidence is someone saying they saw a bandaid.

I was SO tempted to spell it Bradley, but saw the other threads spelled Bradly, and thought they must know how to spell it...

Sorry!

:sick:

That was me - I saw it somewhere in MSM that was spelled that way and apparently gave them too much credit (WRAL). Thought it was weird when I did it - but said "hey, they pay people to fact check and edit... so I'll go with that"

What was I thinking? Typing it made it sound even more ridiculous...

That was me - I saw it somewhere in MSM that was spelled that way and apparently gave them too much credit (WRAL). Thought it was weird when I did it - but said "hey, they pay people to fact check and edit... so I'll go with that"

What was I thinking? Typing it made it sound even more ridiculous...

On court documents it is spelled "Bradly". There is a "Bradley Cooper" but he's an actor.

Nevermind. I see that there is only one document spelling it without the "e".

Re - master bath and chemicals. I don't find the cleaning products sitting out intermingled with the beauty products to be odd at all. They are all too close to the edge for parents to leave things - cleaning chemicals or not - lotions and those "other" things would be just as dangerous to a toddler, etc.

The bed condition not being slept in? I also think that is a stretch. Even the statement about the screw gun being out downstairs is a stretch as the entire house was in a LOT of disarray - how can you really tell if anything is "odd" with clothes hanging everywhere, stuff packed / half packed, in baskets, hanging out of baskets, beds not made, etc.

If there was order in the house, it would be conceivable that you could make assumptions on these other things - but not, IMO, the way it was currently sitting.

Heck - I make my bed every morning - would someone say it didn't look slept in? or - even if I am changing the sheets that day, I pull the comforter up over the pillows...

On court documents it is spelled "Bradly". There is a "Bradley Cooper" but he's an actor.

Nevermind. I see that there is only one document spelling it without the "e".

Well - at least you found the same one I did - so I am not nuts! :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member