LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
This also makes me think he has a secret place where he might bring his victims.

Secret...not for long. That GPS will likely tell quite the story, once fully investigated.

Hey Megsy, good eye..LOL, Are you an English teacher too, like wfgodot?
LOL no. I misspelled cemetery too :blushing:

I'm just a lowly SAHM to four very wild children who have severe cabin fever today because it's raining outside!

Map of BSL home The pin isn't in the exact place as KATC had on their newscast. But that's the street.

ETA: I think my pin is more accurate because of the fence running along the SW side of the house and the fact that we know the house was burned down about a year ago (according to a neighbor). The tin roof in the SE corner of the property seems to be the barn we saw in the pictures of his house from the ground level.
Just to show what I'm talking about:
18959578_BG2.JPG

18959578_BG3.JPG

You can see the telephone pole that is right behind the fence in these pictures (and you can see it in the aerial map linked).

I really want to know how much attention has been paid to the 'buzzard pasture' Ms. Busby was so concerned about...
-------
One of our members here in this case, said she/he saw buzzards circling over a wooded area and asked if that was something to consider.

I posted an opinion to the effect of: In the Gary Hilton murder cases, I saw a video, where one of the victims was found because of buzzards circling overhead. My bold below on the article.

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/J...ael_Hilton_Case_Begins_Monday_114908669.html:

UPDATE 2-4 9:45pm by Amy Long

Ronnie Rentz was called to the stand Friday afternoon to testify on what he found during one of his hunting trips. He says he was at his usual location where he released his hunting dogs when he saw buzzards. "I could just see, down to the waist and as I got closer I bent over and looked and could see the legs and the feet of a body." Rentz has hunted in the Apalachicola National Forest for years now and says he's never seen anything like what he came across December 15th, 2007 when he found Cheryl Dunlap's body

-------
One of our members here in this case, said she/he saw buzzards circling over a wooded area and asked if that was something to consider.

I posted an opinion to the effect of: In the Gary Hilton murder cases, I saw a video, where one of the victims was found because of buzzards circling overhead. My bold below on the article.

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/J...ael_Hilton_Case_Begins_Monday_114908669.html:

UPDATE 2-4 9:45pm by Amy Long

Ronnie Rentz was called to the stand Friday afternoon to testify on what he found during one of his hunting trips. He says he was at his usual location where he released his hunting dogs when he saw buzzards. "I could just see, down to the waist and as I got closer I bent over and looked and could see the legs and the feet of a body." Rentz has hunted in the Apalachicola National Forest for years now and says he's never seen anything like what he came across December 15th, 2007 when he found Cheryl Dunlap's body

I wish more people would be quicker to check the area of a buzzard swarm. I keep thinking Ms. Busby MIGHT have found SOMETHING helpful if she had only gone to take a look..

I wish more people would be quicker to check the area of a buzzard swarm. I keep thinking Ms. Busby MIGHT have found SOMETHING helpful if she had only gone to take a look..

Yeah, but also, it was said that there were goats, cows, etc. in the fields.

Let's go back and quote that part of the article.

OK, I found it. So, it might not be an uncommon sight, the buzzards, that is, gathering for the carcass of an animal that had died in the fields:

http://theadvocate.com/home/3290776-125/neighbors-shocked-by-arrest-mom

Lavergne, who is being held without bail, lived quietly in a mobile home off a gravel road outside of Lawtell in a prairie area where some of his neighbors raise goats, cattle and horses.

What if BSL told someone they were going w. him on a short getaway to Texas, but created the whole stolen truck situation?
Then, this person becomes an unwitting accomplice (he thinks, duh) to his
convoluted alibi.
Maybe they stopped somewhere, and he went out to run an errand and then torched the truck. Or he could've pretended he had to do something for work.
Comes back sweaty, maybe smelling of accelerant and burning metal. Or
something on his clothes, etc.
Perhaps he moved her remains under this unwitting accomplice's nose. How
to keep this person quiet about the trip? Tell this person you're fudging on
your per diem account so not to mention it.
Finally, after adding up 2 + 2 so many times before, this time person finally realized that it never ends up 4 and turned the creature in.
People have talked about maybe he was trying to make a better life by having a family. IMO, he was creating this family image so he could get off the registry, off the radar, creating reasonable doubt if he's arrested again or suspected even.. Also, IMO, he could see that a job w. travel was going to make everything easier.

Vultures/buzzards have excellent eyesight and circle an area searching for coyotes and other predators before landing. They can't locate buried animals, but wild pigs that have an excellent sense of smell can locate food deep underground & locate food miles away...

The swamps and forests of LA should have a very large wild hog population. Hogs do not perspire and need water/wetlands to stay cool. They are nocturnal and graze/root in pastures at night.

Unless cadaver K9s were used in the first search of the pasture, a second search should be conducted, imo.

Bolded by me. I agree! Have they brought dogs out to his property and around it? Anybody know? If not they should. Like now. Like yesterday.

Yes, sorry - it was posted in the last thread:

(Busby = Shirley Busby, 67, BSL's neighbor)
-----------------
Pretty significant details in the land of cattle, sheep and goats. My bold below:

Busby, meanwhile, noted that about four to five weeks ago a pasture that was part of the search had been overcome by buzzards.“I’ve never seen them like that before,” she said. “They’d fly over the pasture.”

Considering he went out of his way to dump the bike, and burn his truck, I really don;t think he would have kept her body around his own home either. He dumped the bike East-his truck West-maybe Mickey is North/South of his residence. I am sure they will be able to get GPS info from his phone to track where he had been in the last two months. Anyone know whom his girlfriend is? Wondering if she posted anything on her facebook as to "waiting for my love to get home" or something like that. I have a person I found that may be connected to him, but not sure if things fit.

-------

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8061944&postcount=1332"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #28[/ame]

Hi guys, I remember early on that a poster mentioned that local farmers and landowners should watch for birds circling (around remains, I guess).
Driving today on I-10 east between Lafayette and BR, I noticed 4-6 large dark birds circling over a wooded area (or back behind the wooded area that borders the interstate) on the side of I-10 W (the opposite side of the interstate that I was traveling on) around mile marker 149. Is this something worth calling in? I have no idea if this is a lot of birds or what kind of birds they were other than that they were very large. If it is, I will also message ACI although I am sure he will see it here.

LOL no. I misspelled cemetery too :blushing:

I'm just a lowly SAHM to four very wild children who have severe cabin fever today because it's raining outside!

Stay-at-home mom is a very honorabale job, and far too often, a thankless one. It is also a job you cant just clock out and leave after an 8-hour shift. I salaute you.

Bolded by me. I agree! Have they brought dogs out to his property and around it? Anybody know? If not they should. Like now. Like yesterday.
The article says dogs searched but it doesn't specifically say cadaver dogs.

oh, hey, you're here. Do you remember how you were saying you saw birds circling by marker 149 on I-10? I quoted that. Hope it's cool. We were trying to remember who said dat. Like to hear about it again.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #28

Hi guys, I remember early on that a poster mentioned that local farmers and landowners should watch for birds circling (around remains, I guess).
Driving today on I-10 east between Lafayette and BR, I noticed 4-6 large dark birds circling over a wooded area (or back behind the wooded area that borders the interstate) on the side of I-10 W (the opposite side of the interstate that I was traveling on) around mile marker 149. Is this something worth calling in? I have no idea if this is a lot of birds or what kind of birds they were other than that they were very large. If it is, I will also message ACI although I am sure he will see it here.

Yep, it was me who noticed the birds - this was about 2 weeks ago, I think. I talked to ACI about it and he told me at that time (so this was like 4 wks after Mickey went missing) there probably wouldn't be remains still in the condition for buzzards to be interested in given the time frame & decomp (basically that Mickey had likely been deceased since May 19 or shortly after and by mid-late June, any buzzard activity would have already happened long before; her remains would have been skeletonized 4 weeks later - hated typing that). And my husband later told me the birds were hawks, not buzzards. I'm a city girl, so I didn't know (how embarrassing). And I have seen the hawks in that general area again since (although 2 or 3, not as many) so I think they just live in the area.

oh, hey, you're here. Do you remember how you were saying you saw birds circling by marker 149 on I-10? I quoted that. Hope it's cool. We were trying to remember who said dat. Like to hear about it again.
-----------
check my post #47, this thread. I responded to that post way back.

It can be significant, when you see buzzards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73