GUILTY FL - Barbara Mongee, 37, found in shallow grave, Seffner, 15 Oct 1993

wow this is one less family that has to wait for answers, but too bad its not a good answer.

Do any of you remember Sandra Prince, the woman who went missing from Temple Terrace, FL. I wonder if this could be her, and I don't think they have ever found her body.
A man was seen driving her car through an ATM, but I don't think he was ever considered a suspect. I think we had her case here on WS for a while.

Do any of you remember Sandra Prince, the woman who went missing from Temple Terrace, FL. I wonder if this could be her, and I don't think they have ever found her body.
A man was seen driving her car through an ATM, but I don't think he was ever considered a suspect. I think we had her case here on WS for a while.

I remember her! How far is Tampa from Temple Terrace, anyone know?

Temple Terrace is in Tampa, it is a community in East Tampa, it includes USF and Bush Gardens. Seffner (where the body was found) is also a community in East Tampa.

the women was in her 30s though so im not sure if they are looking at Sandra Prince and they said it had been there for many years I'm going to do some searching on doenetwork to see if anything matches

http://www.tbo.com/news/nation-world/2007/oct/06/na-bones-idd-as-missing-seffner-woman-ar-178710/

This woman's remains were found across the street from my house in an abandoned orange grove. Strange thing is that she was my neighbor 3 houses down from my childhood home. The home where the husband and daughter have lived for the last 15 years. I didn't personally know her or him but it hit close to home.

It's a shame the daughter didn't get her mother for more than 4 years.....

Wow, mammasweets, that's a little scary. At least they probably know it's the husband and not some serial killer. Buried about a mile away from home, husband didn't report her missing.... Same old story, different person. :(

Maybe they will arrest him now. That would make me very happy indeed. I feel sorry for the 18 yr old though. This is going to difficult to deal with.

Thanks for posting that link!

That poor girl. Not only did she lose her mother at a young age, but how incredibly hard it would be for a teenager knowing your father did it?

This case seems to have been solved.

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/10/06/Hillsborough/After_Seffner_skeleto.shtml

BARBARA ELLEN MONGEE
100507mongee.jpg

Her stepmother reported the 5-foot-8, 118-pound part-time student missing after she was last seen at Hillsborough Community College in Brandon. Three months later, in January 1994, armed deputies barged into the Gay Road home and took custody of Reubin and Barbara's 4-year-old daughter.

They never publicly disclosed why they took the child from Reubin. In June 1994, they arrested him on a fraud charge after authorities said he forged his wife's signature to cash a $1,553 U.S. Treasury check.
Published September 26, 2007
SEFFNER - For years the placid orange grove in south Hillsborough kept its secret - a body buried in the sand, with long auburn hair, two gold teeth and a blanket for a shroud.

No one noticed, until Monday afternoon when a construction crew preparing the property for a Circle K store dug up a human skull at the southwest corner of U.S. 92 and Parsons Avenue.

"Because of the clandestine grave site, we are treating it as a homicide," Carter said.

Preliminary forensic analysis indicates the body was that of a white woman in her early to mid 30s with shoulder-length auburn hair. But that description could change with further study, Carter said.

Investigators also found two gold teeth in the lower jaw. The body was wrapped in a blanket.

Carter would not discuss any clothing or other clues the grave contained. "There were other items found, but we're not talking about what they were," she said.

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/09/26/Hillsborough/Investigators_find_mo.shtml

Then:

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/oct/02/022133/dover-man-charged-disappearance-slaying-wife/

Published: October 2, 2008

Updated: 10/02/2008 09:33 pm

TAMPA - Fourteen years after she was reported missing, Barbara Ellen Mongee's bones were found last year at a construction site not far from the Seffner home she shared with her husband, Reubin, and their young daughter.

On Thursday, the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office revealed for the first time that the 37-year-old mother died from a gunshot wound to the back of the head, and arrested her husband in connection to his wife's disappearance and slaying.

Reubin Mongee, 57, of 5530 Briny Breeze Drive, Dover, has been charged with second-degree murder with a firearm.

100308mongee.jpg

She was last seen October 15th 1993 at work. Reubin Mongee told several stories, that she was in another state checking on a sick relative, that she had died in a car accident or of carbon monoxide poisoning and that they were divorced.
Barbara Mongee's bones were found Sept. 25, 2007, at the construction site of a Circle K convenience store at U.S. 92 and Parsons Avenue in Seffner. A worker uncovered her bones wrapped in a blanket and a positive identification was made through dental records, authorities said

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2007/oct/06/061732/na-bones-idd-as-missing-seffner-woman/

1005bonesmap1.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne
Back