My Theory

The fibers from the boys clothes will be tested better at some point I hope
Sadly, since only the defense is testing these items (receiving the results) and paying for the testing, anything that points towards guilty of the WM3 is never going to be revealed.

Sadly, since only the defense is testing these items (receiving the results) and paying for the testing, anything that points towards guilty of the WM3 is never going to be revealed.

That's why I think this will never be revealed and I wouldn't doubt that it already has been tested. Maybe that is why Lorri has such a funny look on her face.

A closed case is all the Prosecutor wanted and they got 3-guilty pleas, plus 2 jury convictions of murder. Most cases are settled by a plea of guilt, most do not go to trial.

Just curious, but for those who believe the WMFree are guilty because two juries said so, do you believe that juries always get it right? If that is true, why do we need an appeals process in this country? And, if that is true, then I guess both OJ and Casey Anthony are innocent, right?

Not murder cases.

Yes Smelly, it's true. If you google 'guilty plea' and look under 'news' you will see many murder cases that resulted in a guilty plea. Below I have a link to some stats from US Department of Justice.

Bureau of Justice Statistics
http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/pub/pdf/dccc.pdf

Here is another one for you

About 60% of defendants were convicted of a felony
Sixty-eight percent of cases adjudicated within one year
resulted in a conviction. Fifty-nine percent of defendants
were convicted of a felony, and 9% of a misdemeanor.
The felony conviction rate was highest for those originally
charged with motor vehicle theft (74%), followed by drivingrelated offenses (73%), murder (70%), burglary (69%), and
drug trafficking (67%). Defendants charged with assault
(45%) had the lowest felony conviction rate.

Nearly all (97%) convictions obtained during the 1-year
study period were the result of a guilty plea. Eighty-seven
percent of guilty pleas were to a felony.

Seventy-nine percent of trials resulted in a guilty verdict or
judgment, including 82% of bench trials and 76% of jury
trials.
http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/pub/pdf/fdluc04.pdf

So back to the manhole story, have I missed any statements about TH actually hanging out in manholes? As I said in another post, Deanna mentioned manholes when asked if Damien had any special hiding places.
http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/holcomb.html

I never knew this either .
There is always something new. That's why I don't think I will ever feel I am 'well informed' about this case .

I really don't care about the satanic stuff .
There are so many religions out there that people could find scary . Alot of teens experiment with that stuff to feel important and they are curious .
I brought home books on witchcraft from the library as an almost teen and my parents FREAKED out . I only looked at them because I heard someone else talking and wanted to see what it was . No biggie to me but I saw then how people react and it was silly .

That report doesn't separate out murder.

If you are doing this for a class, shouldn't you be the one doing the research?

If you look at the rest of the board you will find that some of the murder cases have resulted in a plea of guilt instead of a jury trial. Please take a look around the rest of the board here.

You can also use Google to search this. Here is a link for you.
[ame="http://www.google.com/search?aq=f&hl=en&gl=us&tbm=nws&btnmeta_news_search=1&q=murder+and+guilty+plea"]murder and guilty plea - Google Search[/ame]

If they were killed in the manhole, wouldnt it have been easier and more convenient to just leave them there. Why tie them up and bring them to the woods.

Just curious, but for those who believe the WMFree are guilty because two juries said so, do you believe that juries always get it right? If that is true, why do we need an appeals process in this country? And, if that is true, then I guess both OJ and Casey Anthony are innocent, right?

I dont think they are guilty because the juries said so. Juries do get it wrong..as obviously in OJ's case. I actually can see why the CA jury voted the way they did even if I dont agree with the verdict (thats a discussion for somewhere else lol). I actually agree the jury really did have reasonable doubt in the Memphis 3.
My opinion (so far) has come from reading the transcripts and the confessions. I know how some feel about the confessions but I think there is some validity to them. I also believe the Michael Carson kid who testified that Jason confessed to him. He had nothing to gain from saying that and although I dont have a link, I believe he did pass a polygraph regarding the issue. I know he later recanted, but so did Jesse and Jason. Not every bit of Jesse's confession was unbelievable (to me).
One thing I will say is when I read what Joseph has to say, Im totally convinced. Reading Devils Knot is quite slanted and almost has me convinced of their innocence.
It was a very poor, possibly unfair trial. Maybe they should have been found not guilty based on the minimal things presented. That doesnt mean they didnt do it.

It was a very poor, possibly unfair trial. Maybe they should have been found not guilty based on the minimal things presented. That doesnt mean they didnt do it.

You are correct! It doesn't mean they didn't do it. But it does mean that the trial was run so poorly that there is no way of knowing at this point (if ever) who really may have committed this crime against three, young, innocent little boys!

Just like OJ, just like Casey Anthony, there was SOOO much misconduct, it is virtual impossible to finger the true killer(s).

Considering the autopsy report stated (I think) that Byers died by bleeding out and not drowning, I would think the luminol would show a HUGE patch of blood. We carry a lot of blood in our bodies.

That's still my lynch pin for their innocence and why I'm still on the fence. I'm still trying to figure out how 3 drunk teenagers can beat, slice, carve, and kill 3 little boys (ok, they carved 1 boy, the others were just beat and drowned, I get that) and there be NO blood at the scene. 3 drunk teens can clean up the crime scene that well and in fading light? It makes no sense to me.

Were you aware that it had rained between the time the murders were committed and when the luminol tests were done?

I have no idea how much rain fell, only that it did rain. I would be curious to know if anyone knows what kind of a rain it was, light, a good soaking, a downpour, what?

I dont think they are guilty because the juries said so. Juries do get it wrong..as obviously in OJ's case. I actually can see why the CA jury voted the way they did even if I dont agree with the verdict (thats a discussion for somewhere else lol). I actually agree the jury really did have reasonable doubt in the Memphis 3.
My opinion (so far) has come from reading the transcripts and the confessions. I know how some feel about the confessions but I think there is some validity to them. I also believe the Michael Carson kid who testified that Jason confessed to him. He had nothing to gain from saying that and although I dont have a link, I believe he did pass a polygraph regarding the issue. I know he later recanted, but so did Jesse and Jason. Not every bit of Jesse's confession was unbelievable (to me).
One thing I will say is when I read what Joseph has to say, Im totally convinced. Reading Devils Knot is quite slanted and almost has me convinced of their innocence.

I do agree.I still think theoretically knowing Damien's history he could be guilty.But there was no evidence.Any disturbed person that was there at the time could be guilty.Statistically however it's much more likely for a drug addicted,abusive stepparent to murder their child than a complete stranger.
It's a travesty that that angle was not considered or investigated at all.
IMO it's obvious not Jessie nor Aaron was actually a witness to the crime.
There's no way I could ever believe Carson's statement,knowing exactly where he got the information and knowing that that's what he did all the time.Lie and tell stories.
I admit I have a soft spot in my heart for Jason.There would have to be a mountain of evidence to convince me someone who has proven to be so humble and so decent would have to do with anything with that crime.
Joseph's argument about the fibers would be true for anyone who's clothes they took that shopped at Walmart.I never read Devil's Knot,so I have no opinion about that.

I don't understand why all the families , friends , teachers ect ect ect weren't investigated within the week either.

OT Claudici - I looked up the little girl Alexandria in your link . I hope they find her . I can't believe they classified her as a runaway at first as the circumstances did NOT fit runaway . I felt so bad reading her case hasn't been updated in almost a year .

Thank you so much for sharing that ! Just 'liked' it but would like it more if she was brought home safe .

Were you aware that it had rained between the time the murders were committed and when the luminol tests were done?

I have no idea how much rain fell, only that it did rain. I would be curious to know if anyone knows what kind of a rain it was, light, a good soaking, a downpour, what?

I don't know about that. I would like to know about the rain myself. I've found on JivePuppi's website the rainfall for the days leading up to the 5th, but not after the 5th.

However, I'm no Luminol expert, but I would think if Luminol can read through bleach and everything else people have used to clean up blood, surely it can read through blood that's been soaked into the ground? Even after a rain?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back