Lisa Stebic-Plainfield, IL mother of 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Betsy!!!

Life lives itself and I am just here for the ride.... at the moment! lol

I think you are right.... those children are old enough to know SOMETHING!

I am sure the police have spoke with the friends and neighbors... I think they know more then they are saying.

I am going to give it a few days.... the hubby can't handle the stress he will blow.. or make a mistake.... men are not all that brilliant when it comes to killing their wives!

JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION HOWEVER ;)

--Husband's whereabouts in the last week prior to disappearance, e.g. I-Pass tracks the date and time going through any toll plaza in Illinois
--current construction jobs husband was working at
--where husband has tools/equipment stored for work purposes
--any storage facilties husband has rented out or uses
--library books either has checked out recently
--video inside store to prove that the kids were there on night of disappearance
--video inside all stores close to house night/morning of disappearance

J-Man, that seem like a pretty good list of things to check. I only hope LE or family are doing some checking on some of that stuff.

I noticed that was your first post, so I'd like to welcome you to Websleuths! :)

In that link there is a picture of the house and it states that Lisa was receiving counseling at a battered women's shelter.

I am confident Craig Stebic murdered his wife.
I just have this gut feeling and this whole situation is reminding me too much of home.

Bear with me...

My mother was in an abusive relationship with my stepfather for 13 years. He hit her a lot, she had many bruises, a broken nose, he had knocked out her teeth, smashed her head against cabinets. My stepfather had a criminal record as good as Mr. Stebic. A criminal record means SQUAT. The only way there would be a record for spousal abuse is if 1) the cops are called and 2) the woman presses charges.
Many women (like my mother) make up stories about their injuries to keep the peace.

I feel that Craig Stebic is a typical manipulator and psychopath. He is good at head games, a confident man who believes he won't be caught. I remember a time when my stepfather told me that he has never failed a lie detector test. He says that if you believe your own story whole-heartedly, stay calm, you will pass.
My stepfather was a manipulator, a liar, an abuser, and a confident and charismatic man who could talk his way out of anything. He turned stories around to make my mother look like the crazy one.

This all seems so similar.

In that link there is a picture of the house and it states that Lisa was receiving counseling at a battered women's shelter.

I am confident Craig Stebic murdered his wife.
I just have this gut feeling and this whole situation is reminding me too much of home.

Bear with me...

My mother was in an abusive relationship with my stepfather for 13 years. He hit her a lot, she had many bruises, a broken nose, he had knocked out her teeth, smashed her head against cabinets. My stepfather had a criminal record as good as Mr. Stebic. A criminal record means SQUAT. The only way there would be a record for spousal abuse is if 1) the cops are called and 2) the woman presses charges.
Many women (like my mother) make up stories about their injuries to keep the peace.

I feel that Craig Stebic is a typical manipulator and psychopath. He is good at head games, a confident man who believes he won't be caught. I remember a time when my stepfather told me that he has never failed a lie detector test. He says that if you believe your own story whole-heartedly, stay calm, you will pass.
My stepfather was a manipulator, a liar, an abuser, and a confident and charismatic man who could talk his way out of anything. He turned stories around to make my mother look like the crazy one.

This all seems so similar.

This is SO true for me! I think this case is hitting home for alot of people. My husband does not hit me but WORDS can hurt just as much!

Uh OH!

"She found ways to leave the house whenever her husband was home, and on four occasions took her 10-year-old son and 12-year-old daughter on visits to the Zegars' home.
There, Lisa met a 45-year-old friend of the Zegars, with whom she went on a few dates while still living with Craig Stebic, Zegar said."

I wonder if the hubby found out about the dates? And now he's refused a poly? Doesn't sound good.

This is the part that Bothers me from the article. Why not the Husband?
After she didn't return that night, a neighbor reported her missing the

So he SAYS she left to go work out, but we know that she did not arrive there.

I'm wondering what time the kids left to go buy "candy". How long were they gone? Did they see their mother after school that day?

So assuming they did, and everything was fine that afternoon, and they ate dinner, etc, before the kids left and before Lisa "left"....What if they got in an argument, he hit her, realized uh oh, it was fatal or close to it, he was in big trouble regardless....He hides her (In his trunk maybe? What does he drive? Maybe he hides her in her own car?) Anyway, later that night, kids are in bed, nothing is out of the ordinary, since mom usually comes home late anyway, hubby leaves during the night and takes her somewhere. Would the neighbors notice him leaving in the middle of the night? I doubt if I would notice my neighbors if they did anything while I was sleeping. My neighbor works nights and leaves around 11:00pm to go to work, and I just realized I NEVER see her nor hear her car leave.

There is a big window here for him to do whatever with her. I hate to be so suspicious, but this is weird.

And I don't watch the news much, but has he been on at all, except for that first night? Her family (and his) have been pleading for her to come home but has he?

I asked my husband last night what would he do if I went missing, and he admits he'd be extremely distraught but couldn't imagine letting the rest of the family do the footwork in finding me--he'd have to be out there doing all he could, regardless if he was under suspicion. But of course, thankfully, we aren't going through this ordeal, so who knows what someone would do.

Just rambling here....This is not going to have a happy ending.

"HI" to all my neighbors!

Betsy
I heard about the kids being sent out to buy candy on Greta last night too. It didn't say when they left or returned, but the husband was the one that gave them the money and sent them on their way. Has anybody heard whether he was there early or did he go to work that day at all?

I heard about the kids being sent out to buy candy on Greta last night too. It didn't say when they left or returned, but the husband was the one that gave them the money and sent them on their way. Has anybody heard whether he was there early or did he go to work that day at all?

They were "sent" to buy candy??? Geez....

So my question is...did he give them money to leave the house because he knew what was going to happen...or...did it already happen and he wanted to get rid of them for a little while until he figured out what to do...

In my house, if my kids are watching TV in the basement, they literally have no idea what's happening in the rest of the house...

How far is the DuPage River from this subdivision, and how high is the water level right now?

How far is the DuPage River from this subdivision, and how high is the water level right now?

I don't think the rivers are high... I think we are low on rain in the area. I don't know where the DuPage River runs in comparison to the area, but do know there are several quarries in Joliet-we used to swim in them as teenagers-, which is next to south end of Plainfield.

Try this link and check out slide #2 and #14. I didn't see anything wrong with his pinkie on #2 but I could on #14.

http://www.nbc5.com/slideshow/slideshows/13250522/detail.html

I can see it in # 14 too, but can't quite tell if it's skin scraped off, or a scar.

In regards to her saying she was scared of her husband, and that she was getting counseling from a DV shelter, why didn't she file a report and get a restraining order and get him out of the house? Why wouldn't her dv atty suggest she do so? this is going to sound bad, and I mean no disrespect, but it sounds like she may have not done so due to needing him financially.

Same story, over and over and over................

Next step, SW the home and all vehicles!

JMHO
fran

What I'm having a hard time understanding is that in most states if one has been charged and convicted of a felony they are no longer allowed to have weapon's. A news artical states that in 1995 he had 2 felony counts and four misdermeanor counts of unlawful use of a weapon.If I'm not mistaken in new's reports police found gun's in their home but that they believe they hadn't be shot for sometime. It still seems to me that he should of been arrest for weapon violations.
But then again they might be holding off on the weapon's violations in hopes of him giving the police information into finding Lisa or like Scott P did going back to the scene of the crime.

What I'm having a hard time understanding is that in most states if one has been charged and convicted of a felony they are no longer allowed to have weapon's. A news artical states that in 1995 he had 2 felony counts and four misdermeanor counts of unlawful use of a weapon.If I'm not mistaken in new's reports police found gun's in their home but that they believe they hadn't be shot for sometime. It still seems to me that he should of been arrest for weapon violations.
But then again they might be holding off on the weapon's violations in hopes of him giving the police information into finding Lisa or like Scott P did going back to the scene of the crime.

No you didn't miss it.

In 1995, Craig Stebic was charged with two felony counts of unlawful use of a weapon after police stopped his vehicle about 1,000 feet south of two Lincolnshire schools at 9 in the morning, according to the Tribune.

Police found a 10-gauge double-barrel shotgun, a .44 magnum semi-automatic pistol, a Ruger Mini-14 assault rifle and an AK-47 semi-automatic assault rifle in his 1998 Toyota pickup.

He was also charged with four misdemeanor counts of unlawful use of a weapon, operating an unsafe motor vehicle and driving while his license was revoked, according to the Tribune.

Where are Craigs peers? His coworkers? Why haven't we heard from any of them?

Greta had two people on last night talking about this case-Melanie Greenberg and someone else. I just caught the end when they were saying their "thanks" and good-byes. Didn't see the husband there though. :rolleyes:

I agree with most here-the husband sounds like he holds the answer. I'm glad the kids are old enough to talk and answer questions reasonably.

Here in Illinois there is such a law. If you are CONVICTED of a felony you lose your right to own firearms. To take away his right to own a gun simply on the felony charges would be a violation of his constitutional rights. Has anyone read where he was found guilty on those charges? Because if he was not, he can still own a gun.

And here is another sad fact...even if he was convicted, Lisa can still own a gun herself, keep it in her house where he lives and it is legal. (I know of a man who was convicted of murder, and when he was released had his wife buy all the guns he wanted)

So maybe the reason the police have not arrested him is one of two reasons. 1) He was charged but never convicted. or 2.) The gun is registered to Lisa.

BTW- I never will understand why a person NEEDS an AK-47.

Forget the Dupage River check the Kankakee River area. There are many many places unfortunately that you would never find anyone. I live 10 miles from Plainfield and the Kankakee River and Des Plaines River areas are very woody and the water level is at a high point right now. I am still hoping it does not come to this and she simply decided she needed a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell