TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I see it everything ever stated by MSM can also be seen by the children IF the children choose to put their father's name or their mother's name into the search engine...
His sorid affair, the other woman's name, Both being terminated from BCBS..His refusal to allow the children to help LE.
The list goes on..None of it pretty...
IMHO.. He, is the one who has proven himself to be a thief, a liar and a cheater.. And God only knows what else...IMO..He has no one to blame but himself..JMHO.

Agreed, but, and jmvho, the full scale bashing and picking apart on the www is going to be incredibly painful to read as would be the abundant details of their mother's alleged psychiatric issues and the speculation that he either murdered her or she walked away.

That is what these boards are established for, granted. But with our chat comes a price that the families of these people pay. Sometimes I think back on people like Richard Jewel and how his life was completely destroyed.

Agreed, but, and jmvho, the full scale bashing and picking apart on the www is going to be incredibly painful to read as would be the abundant details of their mother's alleged psychiatric issues and the speculation that he either murdered her or she walked away.

That is what these boards are established for, granted. But with our chat comes a price that the families of these people pay. Sometimes I think back on people like Richard Jewel and how his life was completely destroyed.

I agree as well, but MSM and social outlets to me are two different things. MSM is not bashing the father and calling him names. It's just my opinion as well but I just see more name calling and anger on other sites than people putting their heads together to come up with some theories. I am not saying all of them, I see a few people really doing a hard job at trying to find her others just seem interested in tearing the family down as well as other posters on there. And do you honestly believe MP gives a hoot about what certain people think about him? I am going with a NO on that one, but he is not bashing anyone in public.

I just accessed the site so apparently the FB page you are speaking of has not been taken down..JMHO

Yep, I saw it come back up and thought darn! Posted that information too soon, but I tried accessing it for over an hour. Obviously just some system glitch.

Sincere analysis and speculation based on available information in an effort to find out what happened to a missing person is one thing. I'm sure that holds a level of pain to loved ones. Hopefully that's balanced somewhat by the knowledge that sincere people are trying to help find out what happened.

Bashing, trashing, insulting, name calling, accusations, rumors, gossip are another thing. They cause pain, and I've never been able to think of anything constructive or positive or helpful about it, anything that mitigates or justifies it, at all.

I hope WS was established for the former. I always thought it was. It's why I'm here.

Facebook, Topix, and the rest - complete zoos. My opinion.

I completely agree, believe09.

Let it be an awakening for all of us; and our ownership of words.

Once said, they cannot be unsaid. We should all be cautious of the harm they may inflict on innocent victims.

I completely agree, believe09.

Let it be an awakening for all of us; and our ownership of words.

Once said, they cannot be unsaid. We should all be cautious of the harm they may inflict on innocent victims.

I so agree about owning our own words. Nobody is responsible for what we say, and what we post on the net, except us, no matter how we may try to rationalize it or blame others for it - each of us solely responsible.

I agree as well, but MSM and social outlets to me are two different things. MSM is not bashing the father and calling him names. It's just my opinion as well but I just see more name calling and anger on other sites than people putting their heads together to come up with some theories. I am not saying all of them, I see a few people really doing a hard job at trying to find her others just seem interested in tearing the family down as well as other posters on there. And do you honestly believe MP gives a hoot about what certain people think about him? I am going with a NO on that one, but he is not bashing anyone in public.

Thank you, Kathy. My post was in reference to the kids reading about their parents on the www, but I did not make that very clear.

In a perfect world, kids would never have to be disillusioned about their parents or read anything that might hurt them.

But that goes for their mother as well, and most of the negative comments about her have come from their father and his attorneys. :twocents:

So while it might seem that we should try to protect the kids by not talking on the internet, there is still the local news, the newspaper, and whatever they hear in their own home or at school.

And sadly, they know their mother has been missing for months. I honestly doubt that anything they read will hurt them more than that fact. If we could change that reality right now, all of us would try.

Thank you, Kathy. My post was in reference to the kids reading about their parents on the www, but I did not make that very clear.

Yep, I actually understood that and probably did not make it clear in my post. Anyone can access the information that is out there. MSM has reported on things that I am sure are heartbreaking for the kids and other family members.
For me, it's the social media that gives the freedom of speech for people to just bash and name call others based on their own personal feelings. Perhaps revealing some things in life the kids may have not known.

Again, not defending MP but what if, just what if he truly is not involved in this disappearance. Every aspect has to be looked at and if for some reason this mystery gets solved and he was not involved all this info is out there and that is a hard thing to come back from. JMO of course. Just trying to step outside the situation and look at it from every angle. Something that comes to mind for me is the Riley Fox case, her father went to jail for 8 months for the murder of his own daughter.....which turned out to be not the case.

In a perfect world, kids would never have to be disillusioned about their parents or read anything that might hurt them.

But that goes for their mother as well, and most of the negative comments about her have come from their father and his attorneys. :twocents:

So while it might seem that we should try to protect the kids by not talking on the internet, there is still the local news, the newspaper, and whatever they hear in their own home or at school.

And sadly, they know their mother has been missing for months. I honestly doubt that anything they read will hurt them more than that fact. If we could change that reality right now, all of us would try.

BBM:
Unfortunately, I agree ThoughtFox. :(

However (and this is jmvho...) it does seem like the world would be a better place for all children if adults on the internet- and everywhere else, for that matter- carefully watched what they say when facts of a case are unknown. Harm reduction at its best.

I don't know that everyone who posts something on the internet or in media is aware that they are essentially publishing their own writing; and it begs to be clarified whether or not the writer is posting a historical novel... or fiction.

I think that's where my frustration comes into play.

I am very frustrated by those claiming historical novels, without historical reference. Kwim?

Let's help make the world perfect!

My theory at this time is Gail has not disappeared of her own volition. Unfortunately, I suspect she is deceased and I suspect foul play is the reason..

I also suspect MFH (MP initiating the contract) and that the incident was supposed to look like a suicide or an accident but something went terribly wrong and there was no way to pull that off as being the cause.. reason being, Gail and the jeep have not been seen or heard of since April 30, 2011.

IMO.. MP's actions as well as his non action involving his wife's disappearance is what has lead me to believe he is the one responsible for whatever has happened to his wife and the mother of his two children..

IMO..Again, he is the one who has proven he is a thief, a liar and a cheater.. IF people suspect him of being involved in what happened to Gail, he has no one else to blame but himself...In reference to myself I would love for my suspicions of him and his involvement in her disappearance to be proven wrong.. And granted he owes us nothing, but he does owe it to his children to clear his name and remove any doubts they may have as to what really happened to their mother..I cannot imagine the HELL these two children are living right now and will continue to live until they know the truth......JMHO

BBM:
Unfortunately, I agree ThoughtFox. :(

However (and this is jmvho...) it does seem like the world would be a better place for all children if adults on the internet- and everywhere else, for that matter- carefully watched what they say when facts of a case are unknown. Harm reduction at its best.

I don't know that everyone who posts something on the internet or in media is aware that they are essentially publishing their own writing; and it begs to be clarified whether or not the writer is posting a historical novel... or fiction.

I think that's where my frustration comes into play.

I am very frustrated by those claiming historical novels, without historical reference. Kwim?

Let's help make the world perfect!

You can't even count on MSM any more, even quotes from LE in articles. It's all publish quickly, get/keep the ratings up.

I've come to think of all the info in cases as simply 'probably hopefully more likely to be true' and 'probably unlikely to be true'. I think reliable facts in these are a thing of the past - even when we get to trial with all the spin, spin, spin.

I don't know what the answer is. Do the best we can, keeping the missing persons' and victims' best interests at heart and in focus, I suppose. And hold ourselves responsible for what we post on the net.

Agreed BeanE (again, unfortunately.) :(

So.... would anyone mind going back to the Mountain Creek Rd grid b/t Glendale and Russell?

I just need to clarify that area.
Also would like clarification on the James Place grid and properties N and S of there.

TIA.

Agreed BeanE (again, unfortunately.) :(

So.... would anyone mind going back to the Mountain Creek Rd grid b/t Glendale and Russell?

I just need to clarify that area.
Also would like clarification on the James Place grid and properties N and S of there.

TIA.

Oriah, have you seen this mapping program? You put the location in the lower right corner, then you can use the buttons in the upper right corner, as well as the Options and Links in the lower right corner, that give you more map views, to see the area in different ways.

http://mapper.acme.com/?ll=35.12257...rker0=35.12257,-85.34385,signal mountain\, tn

Quote from article:

Attornies for Palmgren’s husband Matt says HE has done everything he could do to help find the woman.

:maddening::maddening::maddening:

Unfortunately, it appears that this was not done in the most crucial hours of the investigation so I suppose it still seems fair to comment on the lack of effort early on.

Just wondering WHY some feel it is so harmful to the children, IF we are suspicious of MP and voice our concerns about him being involved but there doesn't seem to be a problem when posting about Gail possibly being mentally unstable or even insinuating she just may have up and left, totally abandoning her children...JMHO

Just wondering WHY some feel it is so harmful to the children, IF we are suspicious of MP and voice our concerns about him being involved but there doesn't seem to be a problem when posting about Gail possibly being mentally unstable or even insinuating she just may have up and left, totally abandoning her children...JMHO

I agree with you 100%. My point is the "bashing" and name calling that other sites allow. I am not speaking of the speculation that MP is involved and the talk of Gail having issues. That is all in MSM and that's all going to come out anyways. My point was the direct bashing of someone and others that are trying to help in this case by banding together on sites.

I was also trying to compliment WS for the fact that they allow us to speculate on MSM information as well as our own thoughts as long as they are within guidelines and with respect.

My bottom line is your not going to get anywhere by bashing someone or attacking them, if anything your going to make them remove themselves even further from this situation and not want to come forward or say anything.

I cant speak for others, but I included speculation about Gail in my post, so I feel it is equally harmful for the children to read that she was on XYZ meds, may have been depressed/paranoid/crazy/suicidal, was murdered by their father or that she may have simply walked away from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong