Casey's seizure? NEW INFORMATION 2011.09.08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I can share my story of seizures. I am 32 now and had my first seizure when I was 22 just out of the blue. I was taken to the hospital, and they did all the tests etc....everything came back normal. I was told since it was the only one I'd ever had and the tests were all normal that I was fine......and I was for four years. That's when I had my second one, and it was worse. I bit a hole through my tongue. I was taken to the hospital again. They once again did all the tests and they once again all came back normal. The only thing the doctors and I could think of, was both times my diet and sleep were all messed up, and I was stressed. I was sent to have an EEG and mine actually did show up as completely normal. So it can happen. After a person has two seizures they are put on meds. so I was put on anti-seizure meds. That was in 2001 and since then I've had three more. The last ones I had, I was also stressed and tired at the time of them. My meds. were also too low. I seriously don't know how Casey could be sitting up laughing and feeling fine right after a grand mal. They are pretty hard on the body. Everytime I've had one, my entire body hurts, and I feel sick and tired. Anyway, I didn't mean to get off track here. I guess what I'm trying to say, is that it is possible for someone at a young age, with no health problems to have a seizure out of the blue. It is also possible for the EEG to come back normal.

I'm not sure what to think about Casey having one. I guess only the medical records can prove if she had one or not.

I dont think it was real. or the story isnt likely to be real.

performed CPR? not without bruising, my good man, and probably broken ribs too. If you ever saw anyone who was given CPR, afterwards they are covered in horrendous bruises and usually cracked ribs, JG is a big boy, no way he truly performed CPR and didnt leave a mark and KC all perky after. She woulda been in miserable pain.

As far as seizures and the aftereffects. When I was 8 years old, one day I had a few seizures. Parents took me to the dr who was sending me home thinking it didnt sound like seizures and on the way out I had a few more. SO I was hospitalized and had every single test done - all coming out fine. Never had another to this day.

Mine were somewhat unusual I guess. I had dreams during them and vomited afterwards. Dr thought it was something else then due to the dreams until I obliged by having another one. And I sure wasnt all perky afterwards. But like I said, never after that day.

Well, I can share my story of seizures. I am 32 now and had my first seizure when I was 22 just out of the blue. I was taken to the hospital, and they did all the tests etc....everything came back normal. I was told since it was the only one I'd ever had and the tests were all normal that I was fine......and I was for four years. That's when I had my second one, and it was worse. I bit a hole through my tongue. I was taken to the hospital again. They once again did all the tests and they once again all came back normal. The only thing the doctors and I could think of, was both times my diet and sleep were all messed up, and I was stressed. I was sent to have an EEG and mine actually did show up as completely normal. So it can happen. After a person has two seizures they are put on meds. so I was put on anti-seizure meds. That was in 2001 and since then I've had three more. The last ones I had, I was also stressed and tired at the time of them. My meds. were also too low. I seriously don't know how Casey could be sitting up laughing and feeling fine right after a grand mal. They are pretty hard on the body. Everytime I've had one, my entire body hurts, and I feel sick and tired. Anyway, I didn't mean to get off track here. I guess what I'm trying to say, is that it is possible for someone at a young age, with no health problems to have a seizure out of the blue. It is also possible for the EEG to come back normal.

I'm not sure what to think about Casey having one. I guess only the medical records can prove if she had one or not.

On my husbands paternal side of the family, all of the males have seizures (not grand mal though). The one thing the doctor said was to get plenty of rest and eat a balanced diet. This helps to stave off the onset of seizures.

My SIL has grand mal seizures and lupus and is now disabled at 38 years old because her seizures are so severe.

Growing up there was a guy in my hometown that went fishing one day with his family and had a seizure - at age 22 - just out of the blue.

ETA: Perhaps if KC wasn't eating or sleeping enough, it could have brought one on. IDK - this is the craziest case ever. I wish she would request a deal in exchange for Caylee's body and go to prison and rot there for the rest of her miserable life.

I just rewatched that Part 8 as well. Interesting to me was how skeptical GA was back then, nothing like the yes-man he has become.

For example, when George talks about this KC gran mal seizure incident with LE, after he has KC saying the only thing she remembered prior was working long hours and using 5 Hour Energy drinks, he makes a special point about her using the word "working" with big hand gestures and comments - like he had suspicions even then on what was really going on.

And when he says JG said she was frothing at the mouth and says JG said he performed CPR on her, GA seems to think JG could have hurt KC if he really did perform CPR on her since she is so much smaller than him. And though GA says JG said he called 911, he seems to doubt it. (LE tells GA that if an ambulance really took KC to the hospital he would have received a bill for the ambulance).

(BTW: not knowing that this really happened to KC, but there ARE reports of seizures and energy drinks if you google, like this headline report "New-onset seizures in adults: Possible association with consumption of popular energy drinks")

As to KC making up hospital stories, don't forget that she told CA in June that she was driving behind ZG and Caylee on their way back home from Tampa and that ZG had a car accident on Interstate 4 and that ZG had to be taken to the hospital. She said she had stayed with ZG until she recovered. Of course, this was later proven to be a lie.

She also texted AH at 6:55AM on 6/13 that "I'm on the way to the hospital with my dad". At 7:50AM "My dad almost had a stroke. We are still waiting for him to get checked out." Anyone know if this really happened?

bolded by MD MOMMY

GA was asked in his interview with OCSO , and he said it did NOT happen. KC clearly made it up. The way I see it is in KC's world, lots of people are sick and lots of car accidents, some even ending in death. Lots of people in KC's world also move around and change phone numbers quite a bit This is a common theme for her to use, illness and death/harm, and relocation. JMO.

bolded by MD MOMMY

GA was asked in his interview with OCSO , and he said it did NOT happen. KC clearly made it up. The way I see it is in KC's world, lots of people are sick and lots of car accidents, some even ending in death. Lots of people in KC's world also move around and change phone numbers quite a bit This is a common theme for her to use, illness and death/harm, and relocation. JMO.

All the accidents... make believe hospitalizations..... the endless DRAMA.....

You know..... I wonder if Caylee could have been a victim of Munchausen by Proxy?

I just rewatched that Part 8 as well. Interesting to me was how skeptical GA was back then, nothing like the yes-man he has become.

For example, when George talks about this KC gran mal seizure incident with LE, after he has KC saying the only thing she remembered prior was working long hours and using 5 Hour Energy drinks, he makes a special point about her using the word "working" with big hand gestures and comments - like he had suspicions even then on what was really going on.

And when he says JG said she was frothing at the mouth and says JG said he performed CPR on her, GA seems to think JG could have hurt KC if he really did perform CPR on her since she is so much smaller than him. And though GA says JG said he called 911, he seems to doubt it. (LE tells GA that if an ambulance really took KC to the hospital he would have received a bill for the ambulance).

(BTW: not knowing that this really happened to KC, but there ARE reports of seizures and energy drinks if you google, like this headline report "New-onset seizures in adults: Possible association with consumption of popular energy drinks")

As to KC making up hospital stories, don't forget that she told CA in June that she was driving behind ZG and Caylee on their way back home from Tampa and that ZG had a car accident on Interstate 4 and that ZG had to be taken to the hospital. She said she had stayed with ZG until she recovered. Of course, this was later proven to be a lie.

She also texted AH at 6:55AM on 6/13 that "I'm on the way to the hospital with my dad". At 7:50AM "My dad almost had a stroke. We are still waiting for him to get checked out." Anyone know if this really happened?

Yes, she did text this to Amy, but no, it was not true. GA did not almost have a stroke. It was Casey's way out of having to take Amy to Jacksonville to pick up her new car.

I read Jesse's decription of the seizure in the docs and it sounds like she had one to me. I think the seizure story is legit. He describe a pretty typical tonic-clonic seizure. I didn't realize he actually witnessed it.

I agree, JBean, pretty hard to fake froth at the mouth and I consider Jesse to be a credible witness.

I agree, JBean, pretty hard to fake froth at the mouth and I consider Jesse to be a credible witness.
The other tip off is the blue lips. There is a shut down of the breathing refelx for a bit and often lips and face turn blue during grand mal.
The first time my son had a seizure he stopped breathing for one minute and turned blue. He was only 1 and 1/2 and so my impulse was to gi ve him mouth to mouth becuase he wasn't breathing. They later told me that when I did that it only delayed his own refelx kicking back in so , in this case it was the wrong thing to do.
So, based on the the fact that her lips turned blue , she had some frothing and the witness to this was Jesse, I think the seizure story is legit.

I was thinking maybe she had a brain tumor and that's why her behavior is so random, but that would have been ruled out immediately at seizure onset.

My grandmother had a history of grand mal seizures and also diagnosed as manic drepressive (now commonly known as Bipolar).

There is a lot of research being done that bipolar is actually a seizure disorder. The medications commonly used for bipolar is anti-epilectic drugs.

Another thought that has crossed my mind that could have brought on the seizure is the use of the drug Ecstasy. I have heard that after longterm use of this drug that it can shut off your dopamine. Think Britney Spears.

Could KC have been using this drug and messed her brain chemicals up and this is why she supposedly "changed" lately and her sex addiction.

I have personally seen someone use this drug. He came to my house and I didn't know he had taken it. His eyes started rolling and scared the he&& out of me. I thought he was fixing to have a seizure. After he told me what he had taken, I was pretty pizzed. I have never done the drug nor do I want to to. He even said when you take it, you just want to be touched and touch others, but once you come down, you get really depressed and numb feeling.

If there was any drug KC used, I think it was ecstasy.

I think in the last release of interviews GA was told about this and he said it wasn't true

JG told all about it in his statement. I am sure it is likely true. They had been out all night partying and drinking. She was likely having a seizure from coming off the alcohol and drugs, since they were lying on the sofa when they started.

JG told all about it in his statement. I am sure it is likely true. They had been out all night partying and drinking. She was likely having a seizure from coming off the alcohol and drugs, since they were lying on the sofa when they started.
I THINK okidokie was talking about George's stroke not being true.

Followed the case for a while and stumble on this topic while rummaging through the internet.

It was reported that KC had emergency room visits for seizures on and off. Also, I have noticed a few pictures of her where her facial expressions are dramatically asymmetric. In a self experiment I could not make my face look a lot different from side to side. Tony L reported these night terrors in his interviews.

This leads me to believe she could experienced some time in her past 'Psychological Non Epileptic Seizures'. The short story of this is that is an epileptic fit generated by psychological rather than physiological causes.

There is very strong correlation with this condition and reported abuse, and strong to mild correlation with disassociative personality disorders, and the other mental illness.

I reading all this from a power point on the subject.

Followed the case for a while and stumble on this topic while rummaging through the internet.

It was reported that KC had emergency room visits for seizures on and off. Also, I have noticed a few pictures of her where her facial expressions are dramatically asymmetric. In a self experiment I could not make my face look a lot different from side to side. Tony L reported these night terrors in his interviews.

This leads me to believe she could experienced some time in her past 'Psychological Non Epileptic Seizures'. The short story of this is that is an epileptic fit generated by psychological rather than physiological causes.

There is very strong correlation with this condition and reported abuse, and strong to mild correlation with disassociative personality disorders, and the other mental illness.

Episodes of Benzo withdrawal. Maybe?

There is definitely something wrong with her that might explain her irrational behavior. Not that it excuses her degeneration into psychopathology, but it might.

I find this very interesting--in a study of the Lizzie Borden case, there was some speculation that Lizzie suffered from epileptic "brownouts" (similar to blackouts where person is conscious but behaves as if drugged.) that occurred during her menstrual cycle. (I guess that's real PMS--lol) The murders of her stepmother and her father took place during this "cycle". No excuse, of course, for moral degeneracy, but perhaps an explanation of why she snapped when she did. Just a theory.

It was reported that KC had emergency room visits for seizures on and off.

I have read a lot about this case and have only ever seen mention of one possible "epileptic seizure" that is mentioned by Jesse. If you have found others, can you please share them as it would be interesting to read about them.

(snipped)

I've only heard of one seizure and emergency room visit. Is there info you can link? I am very interested to hear more. Thanks!

Also, it's been theorized that seizures are more common in sociopath's than in the general population. Especially around the time a criminal event takes place.

Hi Alpha Leader,

Casey reported drinking several energy drinks prior to her seizure. In light of research presented at the 59th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Neurology, it's entirely possible this was the cause:

<snipped>

BOSTON—
The consumption of energy drinks and other beverages that contain caffeine and other stimulants has been implicated in causing adverse CNS effects, such as seizures and cerebral vasculopathy. According to research presented at the 59th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Neurology, large amounts of energy drinks may induce seizures in genetically susceptible persons, especially if they are taken on an empty stomach.

.http://www.neurologyreviews.com/07jun/energy.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member