GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
LaLaw, I understand, and for what its worth, I am so sorry...:(

A little off topic but young ladies need to know sheet can happen to you.
I was dating this biker dude i thought he was sooooooooo manly and strong,
Well we went to a BAR just like froggies he thought i was looking at another guy he took me out back and beat me lmost to death...

Needless to say someone found me i was in a boat yard covered in snow..
cops came he was arrested what i never knew was he was just off parole after spending 27 yrs in jail for murder,,,

So ya see it CAN happen to u! It almost happened to me! I was lucky!

I

That sounds bogus. I'm quite sure all authorized law enforcement authorities are working in conjunction with each other and not playing lone wolf with the press. If I was in charge of investigating this case, and something like this came out, I would get on the military liaison officer's butt and demand an explanation as to why the military were not cooperating with local authorities.

IMO, NH is the culprit and everything has been solidified short of finding the actual body. A 100,000 bond for FTR is high, even in NC, and they just want to make sure he's not going anywhere. This case should be highlighted to come up with new, harsher laws to force on registered sex offenders in the next legislation, including increasing the restriction limit and the penalties for non-compliance to minimum felony levels much higher than they are now. Also, GPS should be mandated for all offenders off paper, paid for by the offenders themselves. Had Nick worn GPS that night, then there would be no question of his actions, and that may have even prevented him harming KB because he would be concerned about his tracking.

When are we going to become a pro-active nation when it comes to fighting crime? Everything is dealt with after the fact - women are stalked and living in total fear and there's nothing they can do. A restraining order - huh! Once they're dead - the guy goes to prison anyway - it's such a tragedy. The rights of crazy criminals take precedence over the rights of law abiding people. I'd shoot the blankity blank and then I'd end up in jail. What is wrong with us - we're the people - why can't we do anything about this? They should cut out some of the perks that prisoners get while in jail to fund the GPS system. Prison should be prison. Our soldiers suffer more with living conditions when in combat zones than these mind bent criminals do.

When are we going to become a pro-active nation when it comes to fighting crime? Everything is dealt with after the fact - women are stalked and living in total fear and there's nothing they can do. A restraining order - huh! Once they're dead - the guy goes to prison anyway - it's such a tragedy. The rights of crazy criminals take precedence over the rights of law abiding people. I'd shoot the blankity blank and then I'd end up in jail. What is wrong with us - we're the people - why can't we do anything about this? They should cut out some of the perks that prisoners get while in jail to fund the GPS system. Prison should be prison. Our soldiers suffer more with living conditions when in combat zones than these mind bent criminals do.

OH I totally agree with everything you said!
Our laws protect the wrong ppl!

they are sent to jail for life and get out in 10 yrs for good behavoir!
what the hell is that!

I don't know about some prisons, but where I have worked they had very little perks. Yes they got turkey for Thanksgiving. They got heat, water, a bunk, but as far as perks, not anything to speak of. However they had more freaking rights than the officers did, that is a fact.

I cannot tell you how much GPS would cost, but it would be unrealistic sadly. The amount of RSO's that are on our streets is alarming. I think we need stricter laws, and to invoke the death penalty in heinous cases involving anyone in a position of trust. Be it parent, neighbor, stranger....but we are not in a perfect world, this will never happen...

Holy Carp...that is him IMHO....

SMH ,seriously .

Not good at all, 4 the bar owner caught with a sex offender running arround in his underwear in your bar merely a year after being released.

Althou I still am not sure if it is the same owner for both bars.

And if it is then I really do expect more charges for him ..

JVM is coming on in 10 min (eastern time) and will be covering Kelli's case (after Isabel's case..) and will be talking to Kelli's brother live.

Ankle monitors would work, but the volume of a work force you would need to monitor those monitors would be immense. And sadly they are not fool proof. Yes you can go back and see where they have been after the fact. So yes if they committed a crime or in Nicks case you would be able to track him right to the door of the bar. But...they are costly and the manpower would be off the hook.

First, let's be clear. All RSO's on probation/parole usually wear them as a condition of their release. But once off "paper", RSO's don't usually have a requirement to wear them.

As far as I know, California is the only state that authorizes post-paper RSO's to wear GPS. The problem, of course, is the aforementioned costs involved. But the key here is to have a system where the RSO's have to PAY for GPS usage even off paper as a condition of their registration duties. If they can't afford the cost, they can be jailed for FTR, much as what Holbert is jailed for.

In other words, NO money paid by us for their release in society. I have also opined in another post a complete, concise federal control of registered sex offenders that would ban them from communities period. But that's another matter I'd like to address in another thread at a later time.

Since Nick was so young when he entered prison, after serving five years, he was released when he was only 21 or 22 in 2008. His age would make for an easy transition for him to begin to hang out in bars as he had just reached legal age. :waitasec: Even if he didn't drink.

It seems to me though that the Froggy crowd is more the 35-50 age group and beyond - so how and why does he fit in with them? Maybe he's affiliated somehow with one of the older folks and began going there due to an established relationship he had. It's puzzling how he could hide his background though considering he's from the area. Most 21 yo would hang with a below 30 crowd which kind of makes me wonder why Kelli at 23 was attracted to that place too. I know we've been over the proximity of the bar to her place, pool table, karaoke and all that, but still. She does seem sort of out of place there. :twocents:

Maybe since she was kind of new to the area, she didn't really know of many places to go out to. Maybe she just felt like getting out that night and relieving some stress from the week's work. It was close and convenient and she didn't want to stay home alone?

A little off topic but young ladies need to know sheet can happen to you.
I was dating this biker dude i thought he was sooooooooo manly and strong,
Well we went to a BAR just like froggies he thought i was looking at another guy he took me out back and beat me lmost to death...

Needless to say someone found me i was in a boat yard covered in snow..
cops came he was arrested what i never knew was he was just off parole after spending 27 yrs in jail for murder,,,

So ya see it CAN happen to u! It almost happened to me! I was lucky!

I

Your story made me remember one of my own. When I was only 17 or 18, I had a group of peripheral friends due to a few guys involvements that I knew rather well. They were into Harleys and liked to debate if Triumph motorcycles were any good - it's all coming back to me now. Anyway, one day, I went along with one of the guys I knew well to let's just say 'the utter side of town'. Being in la-la land as I often was back then, I was my usual friendly self upon arrival. The next thing I knew, some biker chick had me pinned up against a wall warning me to stay away from her old man (who rescued me). I was like 'f u b' but did not say that because I wasn't stupid but wasn't really scared either. More like surprised cuz who acts like that? Can you imagine if she caught me all alone or thought something had already gone on between me and her old man? I might have been scared then. She meant business and was ugly, if I may say so, both inside and out.

Your story made me remember one of my own. When I was only 17 or 18, I had a group of peripheral friends due to a few guys involvements that I knew rather well. They were into Harleys and liked to debate if Triumph motorcycles were any good - it's all coming back to me now. Anyway, one day, I went along with one of the guys I knew well to let's just say 'the utter side of town'. Being in la-la land as I often was back then, I was my usual friendly self upon arrival. The next thing I knew, some biker chick had me pinned up against a wall warning me to stay away from her old man (who rescued me). I was like 'f u b' but did not say that because I wasn't stupid but wasn't really scared either. More like surprised cuz who acts like that? Can you imagine if she caught me all alone or thought something had already gone on between me and her old man? I might have been scared then. She meant business and was ugly, if I may say so, both inside and out.

its very easy to get in a predicament and not be able to get out of it!
I didnt stand a chance!
The guy was nuts!

Yup Todd you are correct, but most that wear them don't wear them with GPS. They wear ISP.... Only the truly violent offender wears the GPS, in my part of the state anyway. They do pay to wear them too, for ISP it was 16 dollars a day. For GPS they pay forty a day.... Or did, could be more now... I have been injured and out of the picture now for approx. five years....:(

"According to an Army official" should be a flag for SPECULATION. I have never known an official army news release that has not come from an authorized, documentable source. If I read anything that involves speculation or not coming from the official investigation (which as far as I'm concerned is still being conducted by FPD, though I have no doubt state and federal forces are heavily at work here), it's not a big deal.

I truly think the case has been solved, at least to the sufficiecency of determining a crime had been committed, and a perpetrator has been identified, and in my opnion, confirmed as the perp. Right now I'm working on legislation assistance that I will be able to provide to NC legislators to tighten up existing sex offender laws in conjunction of how this case will be dealt with, with a high priority on permanent 24/7 GPS paid for 100% by offenders themselves.

Eileen, our jails and prisons have a revolving door. I agree when a person is done doing their time, then they are off paper and punishment is over. I just think that many laws should be stricter, especially those involving the innocent...such as children, old folks, those in a position of trust and animals too. I cannot tell you how many we would have in jail and it would be the same names, the same family over and over. let them out, next ...in they come. Very old and very frustrating actually. Have you ever looked at the beautiful children of an inmate in a visiting room, so sweet...so sad. And you know they are more than likely going to be an inmate someday, and sure enough...it happens it really does....so sad

This is why I hesitate to condem NH before I know the whole story. What if he is one of the 10 percent who do not re-offend. What if he, because he was 16 when he hurt that little girl (I know, I know) but our brain doesn't fully develop good decision making to it's fullest until we're 25, really was trying to and succeeding to stay on the straight and narrow?

Now if, for some strange fluke, he's in the middle of this mess and really is telling the truth - the system might send him right over the edge again. I want to see evidence beyond circumstantial evidence. He wasn't put in jail for murder (although that can be argued too). I'm not saying I'd be surprised if he's responsible but I don't want to approach it irresponsibly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks