CA CA - Gary Rogers, 37, Humboldt County, 16 Nov 2007

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.eurekareporter.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?ArticleID=32170

27 Dec 07

The Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the disappearance of 37-year-oldGary Lee Rogers, according to a news release. He was last seen on Nov. 16 at the Hansen Truck Shop in Alton.

His girlfiend, Katherine Gonze, reported that she and Rogers stopped there at about 2:45 p.m. to use the facilities. Rogers stayed in the truck while she went to the restroom. When she returned, Rogers and the keys to the truck were gone. All of his belongings were left in the vehicle, according to the release.

Rogers has been a transient in Humboldt County for the past year and has frequently camped along the river bar in Fortuna and Ferndale, according to the release.

Rogers is considered an “at-risk missing person,” as it is not in his character to be missing for this long.

Rogers is a 5-foot 11-inch white male, and weighs 200 pounds. He has blond hair, hazel eyes and is missing three front teeth, according to the release.

Investigators would like to speak to Katherine Gonze. Anyone with information regarding this case is asked to phone Detective Sgt. Wayne Hanson at 707-268-3639.

no pic at link

Here is a photo. Almost 10 years have passed. He disappeared in broad daylight at a truck stop? How? Why?

attachment.php

http://www.riodelltimes.com/LawEnforcement/MissingPersonGaryLeeRogers/

Attachments

• IMG_2355.jpg
    IMG_2355.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 35
Kim Kemp joins with the Northcoast Journal in exploring those missing in the Emerald Triangle...Humboldt, Trinity and Mendocino counties. She lists everyone missing in the three counties...at least the ones she could find listed.

Note the event for the families of the missing in Sacramento June 9-10. Quoting Kym’s beautiful writing....

[FONT=&quot]Long after the missing posters on those who have vanished have faded and blown away in the wind, some family members will keep vigil. Some will keep vigil silently–barely acknowledging out loud the loose thread that caught on their heart when their loved one vanished and which now threatens to unravel their life. Some will keep vigil by reaching out to the media or police or both on a regular basis, hoping even decades after their loss that they will get answers. They hope but, at the same time, they fear to know for sure that their loved one is dead.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you have a family or friend missing, an event this June 9 in Sacramento may be helpful to you. This free event will have law enforcement available to help record information. Family members can give DNA samples if they choose to help with identification. They are also “encouraged to bring photos, along with medical and dental records of their missing loved ones.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

http://kymkemp.com/2018/02/01/who-is-missing-in-the-emerald-counties/

Just looking around and found an article from 2008, a year after Gary disappeared. Quoting:

There hasn’t been any activity on Rogers’ bank account since his disappearance. He is a white male adult with blond hair, hazel eyes, stands 5’11” and weighs 200 pounds. He is missing three top front teeth and has several tattoos, including “RODGERS” on his back, a skull on his neck and a Viking woman on his left forearm.

Rogers has been transient and frequently camps along the river bar in the Fortuna or Ferndale areas. He has also been known to use the name Robert Scarbrough.

Fortuna man still missing – Times-Standard

In googling Gary’s girlfriend, Katherine Gonze, I ran across a link to Topix, which has been replaced by Patch, so I can’t open the link. But the screen shot of a couple of partial posts is interesting. Apparently, Gonze was posting and so was Gary’s family. Does anyone know how to retrieve this from internet archives?

Attachments

• 1A61A143-1755-470A-8A65-F687B55C91BD.png
    1A61A143-1755-470A-8A65-F687B55C91BD.png
    169.3 KB · Views: 14
Don't know how you can retrieve from internet archives, but I'm sure I'm the family member trying to communicate with Katherine Gonze. Gary and I have a daughter together and I knew him all his life.
I would share what I know and my thoughts, if you'd like.

Don't know how you can retrieve from internet archives, but I'm sure I'm the family member trying to communicate with Katherine Gonze. Gary and I have a daughter together and I knew him all his life.
I would share what I know and my thoughts, if you'd like.
Yes please

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back