PA PA - Alivia Kail, 19, Allegheny County, 5 March 2011

Alivia:

27356631_396X480.jpg

Father's obit doesn't mention a spouse either alive or deceased. Maybe a step brother?

I'm thinking someone not related. ;) Liv says in her FB that she lives with LK and the town name matches his profile, etc.

Wonder why the police are not identifying her boyfriend?

He WAS the last person to see her, he isn't cooperating, has an attorney.

Maybe friends of hers and his have little pieces of info that would help piece this case together.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/breaking/s_729719.html

Alivia Kail picked up clothes from her brother’s home in West Mifflin on March 5 before leaving in the company of her boyfriend, Lt. Jeffrey Korczyk said at a press conference this morning.

The boyfriend, who was not identified, refused to answer questions about Kail’s whereabouts and had his brother refer police to an attorney, Korczyk said.

“Right from the beginning, he’s been uncooperative with us,” Korczyk said.

ETA: just realized there are two threads for this case. Have asked Salem to merge.
here's the other one:

PA Woman missing since March 5th 2011 - Allegheny County, PA - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

NM says on the 19th that her mom filed the missing persons report (?) and then says family. She also says that her mom isn't being very nice to her (posted Sat. 26th). I guess there's a mom out there somewhere...

Local radio just said that family got suspicious when they saw the boyfriend back in town a couple of weeks after she had left for Florida

Posters!!! Please be very careful with Facebook! If you're talking about Alivia's Facebook page, YOU NEED TO HAVE A LINK! Also, DO NOT sleuth her friends. And unless someone has been named a POI or suspect, DO NOT sleuth them! Thanks!

Posters!!! Please be very careful with Facebook! If you're talking about Alivia's Facebook page, YOU NEED TO HAVE A LINK! Also, DO NOT sleuth her friends. And unless someone has been named a POI or suspect, DO NOT sleuth them! Thanks!

I didn't think we were allowed to link FB pages.

I didn't think we were allowed to link FB pages.

If you weren't allowed to link to them, then you wouldn't be able to talk about them at all. We always have to have a link to where information is coming from.

Our Facebook and other media policy from Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community :

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Following up on SheWho warning above - here is the rule regarding social networking sites:

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Salem

Police said Kail’s cellphone has been shut off since March 21 because she hasn’t paid her bill. They have checked with law enforcement in Florida, but no one has been able to locate the woman.

Just thought I'd post that in case anyone was curious about whether or not her cell phone could be traced, pinged, etc.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/27356800/detail.html

Anyone see anything about mode of transportation? Did they drive? Assuming they did or there would be flight/bus documentation. If they drove, poor thing could be anywhere.

The boyfriend truly sound hinky to me.

I do hope she is alive and well but when I see a boyfriend/husband not cooperating that tells me something bad has happened :( She's so young.

Ms. Kail's boyfriend, who police would not identify, has rebuffed her family's efforts to help find her, even disconnecting his phone, said her mother Christine DiDiano. More recently, he refused to speak to police, said Lt. Korczyk.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11089/1135671-84.stm#ixzz1I3cK6MRO

There's definitely something wrong with the boyfriend. He disconnected his phone? Not normal behavior when your girlfriend goes missing.

LE should still be able to ping where her phone was until the 21st. I wonder if she even left town at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back