IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
(snipped)... JW's story is supported by the testimony of his roommate, absence of any evidence he ever left home, and LE access to his/her phone and his car

When you say the 'testimony' of his roommate, are you referring to the posts on the Phish board by the person claiming to be JW's roommate, or has this been established by another source?

Also, has there been any confirmation that LE has had access to JW's phone and car, and if so, whether this supports his story?

TIA

Can you clarify what you are giving evidence JR is involved in? I think you'd agree that none of this is evidence of him being involved in a crime.

It's evidence of his being involved in or at least knowledgeable of LS's disappearance, which is what we're talking about here. Whether any crime was committed by anyone is for LE and the courts.

When you say the 'testimony' of his roommate, are you referring to the posts on the Phish board by the person claiming to be JW's roommate, or has this been established by another source?

Also, has there been any confirmation that LE has had access to JW's phone and car, and if so, whether this supports his story?

TIA

I'm referring to his references to speaking to Federal LE, yes. I believe I've read in mainstream sources that LE has had access to his phone and car. I may be wrong.

It's evidence of his being involved in or at least knowledgeable of LS's disappearance, which is what we're talking about here. Whether any crime was committed by anyone is for LE and the courts.

I'll have to disagree then.

(summary mine)Leaving town fast, not submitting to a LE administered poly, not being involved in the searches, not speaking to anyone in the media, being awake or having his phone used by LS, and claiming to have seen her walk to the corner is not evidence that he is knowledgeable or involved (both of which are crimes, btw).

edit to above- having knowledge of disappearance is probably murky to be implicit in a crime, I'll back off statement above on that.

It's (circumstantial, perhaps) evidence that he has not talked/cooperated to the same degree others have, and that what he has said makes less sense than what others have said. All on top of his being the acknowledged last to see her. Unless something happened to her in the 2.5 blocks it took her to get home, or somewhere else out of camera range she may have wandered, I don't see how it's even a question that he knows more.

I'm referring to his references to speaking to Federal LE, yes. I believe I've read in mainstream sources that LE has had access to his phone and car. I may be wrong.

Maybe that's why they questioned him again last week,we just don't know.As far as the roommate providing an alibi for JW.I would not legally consider that an alibi.Considering that people do lie for their friends.I read the Phish board and I could get on there and say I was his sister.They know everyone is reading there and I have seen where they mentioned Websleuths a few times.I take that place with a grain of salt.

Maybe that's why they questioned him again last week,we just don't know.As far as the roommate providing an alibi for JW.I would not legally consider that an alibi.Considering that people do lie for their friends.I read the Phish board and I could get on there and say I was his sister.They know everyone is reading there and I have seen where they mentioned Websleuths a few times.I take that place with a grain of salt.

We don't know that they questioned him. We know he spoke to them.

You could get on there and say whatever you want but everyone would know that you joined yesterday and you would have no good way to establish some indicator that what you have to say is reliable.

I'll have to disagree then.

(summary mine)Leaving town fast, not submitting to a LE administered poly, not being involved in the searches, not speaking to anyone in the media, being awake or having his phone used by LS, and claiming to have seen her walk to the corner is not evidence that he is knowledgeable or involved (both of which are crimes, btw).

edit to above- having knowledge of disappearance is probably murky to be implicit in a crime, I'll back off statement above on that.

I don't believe LE wanted any of the POI's from the start to be involved in the
searches.

FWIW the person claiming to be his roommate had registered for that board years ago and happens to have the same first name and initials as his current roommate. He also responded back in kind to another user with the same first initial and last name of JW's roommate's brother.

We don't know that they questioned him. We know he spoke to them.

You could get on there and say whatever you want but everyone would know that you joined yesterday and you would have no good way to establish some indicator that what you have to say is reliable.

I understand what you are saying,my point is why do you feel anybody on there is reliable,even if they have been a member for a long time.They know they are being read and watched

I'm tired of people throwing me into this circus fun house of flawed logic. This is not directed to you because I am addressing your post, I am saying this for the record. My point is that on PT I could be anybody. I am glad that you know who you are when your posting, but do you know who anybody else is? Same goes for this website, I could of phrased it better but It would not matter. I have noticed that when defending JW, people like to butcher other's posts and only address less than 5% of original posts.
And again for the record, I am saying I do not have any reason to believe JW is guilty, but I have every reason to suspect him. I do not expect LE to clear ANYBODY in this case until a resolution happens.
If JW is completely innocent, why is he a POI to begin with? It has nothing to do with unaccounted time? Why did he leave town? LE just thinks he looks like an easy patsy to pin this on? It's not like he was stationed in Siberia when LS went missing, so why do people act like he couldn't of left his house that night? Why are LE wasting their time, energy and resources on taking cadaver dogs to JW apartment if he has no involvement. Why is JW out of the blue responding to reporters about polygraph test? Why is he showing the public his anger? Why not at worst his frustrations? Or dare I say it, caring or sympathy for anybody besides himself.
I am done addressing this topic because it is flying wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over people's heads and I don't want to confuse people anymore than they already are. If I have something to add on another subject I will chime in.

FWIW, I have not eliminated JW from my list. Also, in my mind, even if he was home all night, that only eliminates him from *direct* involvement. It could still be quite possible that (were something going on with some of the POI individuals), that he knew precisely what was going on, and was an indirect actor in the events of the night.

All the POI remain on my internal list. Can't eliminate them, or say they had any involvement at all. In fact, I still entertain the random abductor as a possibility.

I understand what you are saying,my point is why do you feel anybody on there is reliable,even if they have been a member for a long time.They know they are being read and watched

They know they're being read? By whom? Why even say anything? They had never said anything before.

That your most compelling argument in JW's defense is based on the word of someone on a phish message board, for one.

The most compelling argument in JW's defense is the lack of him being present anywhere in LS's vicinity on the night in question. Yes, plausible scenarios can be contrived to combat that, but there is nothing at this point that puts him there. We know that all of the other POI's were with her at one point or another.

The most compelling argument in JW's defense is the lack of him being present anywhere in LS's vicinity on the night in question. Yes, plausible scenarios can be contrived to combat that, but there is nothing at this point that puts him there. We know that all of the other POI's were with her at one point or another.

I agree with this.

Please do not discuss the members or the goings on of other boards. If you read a rumor on another board and you think it's credible, it's fine to say that. If you disagree, it's okay to say that, too. It is not all right to argue over it, and the rumor should not be offered as a fact to support a theory or opinion.

Here's another reminder to not quote a post that is in violation of the rules. Use the alert button and tell the mods why you object to the post. If you absolutely must reply, find another way to address the matter in your response. A general statement that does not name the other member works best.

Thanks.

Was that before he became a POI?

I believe he "became" a POI (which is not a suspect) the moment he filed the missing persons report. Your perception otherwise may be based upon reporting that responded to LE's confirmation that he was a POI at the news conference.

LE has confirmed that JW participated in volunteer searches. DR spoke on camera with a news reporter while apparently participating in same.

can you give a link for the confirmation of JW searching? All I remember is a flustered non-answer at one of the pressers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie