Jose Baez

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Baez web page he joined the PD office in 1995 and won 32 of 34 cases he tried in the first 2 years. Baez could not have tried any cases in the first 2 years has he had not yet been admitted to the Bar. Baez was not amitted to the Bar until 2005 and it was then that he opened his "private" law practice.
I have been able to find just one major case he tried and he lost that one. On that case Baez made his client and the court wait for him for 45 minutes while he took Casey home.
Baez at one time had a real estate license in Florida, so I would guess he sold real estate to supplement his PD Lackey (he was not an attorney) salary.
Baez lives in a very modest home which he purchased in 2003, which leads me to think he really is not the sucessful attorney he portrays himself to be.
Would you put St Thomas University on your CV?? Maybe that is why it took him 8 years to pass the Bar.

https://www.myfloridalicense.com/LicenseDetail.asp?SID=&id=DB57BFAB967A30E6BCC3D13BB496E3EA

http://www.floridabar.org/names.nsf/0/3A2DB569807C9B46852570970071F970?OpenDocument

http://www.baezlawfirm.com/Jose/AboutUs_Jose_English.html

Actually in the state of florida you can try a case as a Certified Legal Intern if the Client signs off on it. Of course, the CLE would be supervised by an attorney who has passed the bar.

I am working on a new theory that I won't go into because, as of now, I have a whole lot of people who are intertwined in businesses in this case..but not a shred of proof. Still working on it.
I don't think that Casey was given JB's name by an inmate. I think, that she may have been involved in some illegal activity and that JB is an "on call" lawyer for some of the people she may have been involved with.
Has anyone got a picture of JB's wife? I should would love a link. I can't find one anywhere. I am curious as to what she looks like. wink wink

I am working on a new theory that I won't go into because, as of now, I have a whole lot of people who are intertwined in businesses in this case..but not a shred of proof. Still working on it.
I don't think that Casey was given JB's name by an inmate. I think, that she may have been involved in some illegal activity and that JB is an "on call" lawyer for some of the people she may have been involved with.
Has anyone got a picture of JB's wife? I should would love a link. I can't find one anywhere. I am curious as to what she looks like. wink wink

she was barely on the video with Geraldo on the boat...

"Eyewitness News also learned that Baez was almost an hour late for the sentencing of his client, Nilton Diaz, in a Lake County child abuse death the day Anthony was released the first time. That same day, Baez shoved a reporter. He also kept the Lake County judge, the victim's family and witnesses waiting. When he arrived, he made no apology."

Wow, so hes defending another child killer case at almost the same time as this one. I can almost bet he has no sympathy or compassion for Caylee at all.

"Eyewitness News also learned that Baez was almost an hour late for the sentencing of his client, Nilton Diaz, in a Lake County child abuse death the day Anthony was released the first time. That same day, Baez shoved a reporter. He also kept the Lake County judge, the victim's family and witnesses waiting. When he arrived, he made no apology."

Wow, so hes defending another child killer case at almost the same time as this one. I can almost bet he has no sympathy or compassion for Caylee at all.

I see some of the same arrogance in him that I see in the Anthony family...in other words he obviously felt there was no need to apologize because he had not done anything wrong. Not!! Seems like a good way to tick off some judges to me which is the last thing a lawyer wants to do.

After watching the video on his site, personally I think that Baez attempts to put on a front of being a big shot, high paid attorney when he really isn't. Compared to many seasoned criminal defense attorneys he is still a rookie and may well be way over his head on this case IMO. Eight years after law school to take the bar huh. Anyone know if that was his first attempt at passing the bar exam? Oh and if he really wants to look like a professional, I really think he needs to ditch the crystal liquor decanters and glasses that are highly visible on the credenzas directly behind the desks of each of the attorneys in his firm in the video. I wonder if he has to lock up the booze when CA is in the office. The other guy's office looks kind of pitiful when you look at the arrangement of books on his bookcase. Three measley little law books centered on each shelf but the crystal decanters are sure there for all to see. Seems to me that the money would have been better spent on a larger reference library. I have to admit that is the first time I have ever seen something like that in an ad for a law firm. After a day of dealing with CA he just might need a good stiff drink but I think it would be more appropriate and professional if he kept it in a closed cabinet out of site. JMO

http://www.baezlawfirm.com/fondo-videos.html

Being late for court is not so unusual,having worked in the court system for over 30 years. Many lawyers are scheduled to appear in several different courtrooms at 8:30 in the morning and they just go with the flow. As far as Baez is concerned, he had his date set with the one client, not knowing that he would have to appear at KC's bond hearing that same day. Again, not so unusual for times to overlap

I would like to know when and who contacted this lawyer, to see if he was contacted before the july 16th date as this would confirm that they new prior to the 911 calls.. just a question i have in my mind

I believe that JB is the closest one to the truth. There is a good chance that he doesn't know the truth, but does he want to?

If JB were to take a lie detector test what questions would you ask him?

Do you know where Caylee is? JB: No...
Most likely true

Do you believe that your client knows where Caylee is? JB: No...
Most likely false

Have you personally benefited, in any way due to your representation of Casey? JB: No...
Completely false

Of course these are just my opinions in how he would answer, but I would be very interested in hearing others opinions or questions/answers they would ask or expect.
SFW, no attorney in his right mind would do a Lie detector test, not even admissable in Court. xxxxxxxooo mama :blowkiss:

Hope it's ok to add this to thread, I find it interesting since Casey has that new Zanny,Sammy and kids script story that Rob and LP have talked about.

Baez: Aug 23rd video
"The corporation of the promoters at the Fusian night club which Tony L is tied into so on and so forth. If you pull up their corporate records the addresses that some of the officers belong to are at the Sawgrass apartments. I mean it's a phenomenal coincidence."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O83FuykGbs8 5:08 into video

I keep puzzling on what he's implying, if anything. Is he suspicious of Tony L? Just the officers? Both Tony L and the officers? Or is he just commenting that it's interesting odds?

As of July 27nd, according to Casey (if she can be believed) she had not told Baez a different story than her original.

* jail tape of her brothers visit July 28*
CASEY ANTHONY: My gut feeling? As mom asked me yesterday and even Jose asked me last night, the psychologist asked me this morning that I meet with through the court -- in my gut, she's still OK. And it still feels like she's close to home.

Being late for court is not so unusual,having worked in the court system for over 30 years. Many lawyers are scheduled to appear in several different courtrooms at 8:30 in the morning and they just go with the flow. As far as Baez is concerned, he had his date set with the one client, not knowing that he would have to appear at KC's bond hearing that same day. Again, not so unusual for times to overlap
I understand what you are saying. Isn't the sentencing of a client a pretty serious matter. I still don't understand him putting Casey ahead of this situation. :waitasec:

Jose would have been at the other court appointment if he hadn't felt the need to pick up Casey at home. Looking for media attention, Jose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj