CA CA - Phuong Le, 24, Fairfield, 25 April 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier in the day on Sunday it reached 80° in Fairfield.
From about 3 to about 5 pm. It started going down after that but was still about 75° at 7 pm. As I recall, it was a spectacularly beautiful day all around the greater Bay Area!!!

I know I live here, it was a beautiful day that day-keeping your windows open:waitasec:
<shugs shoulders>

My project for tomorrow morning is going to be writing to both PDs and asking them to make Phuong's case a high priority, and to write to all the media outlets that have been covering her case and ask them to continue their coverage and give updates several times a day if possible.

So many cases are viewed as run-a-ways, children, teens, young adults, and - well just so many cases, that I'm afraid that category will attract perps who stage the scene to look like a run-a-way. Why not? If a murderer can stall LE for 48 hours or more, that's a long time with no interference. My concern: Will this become the norm? mho

I think that's a great idea, I'll check back myself, I hope Le is found.

does anyone know if there were any additional sightings of Phuong other than the 2030 one at b/n?

anyone know if her keys to the car were in the backpack or with the cell phone in trunk? If not, why would she take her keys and not anything else? Perhaps abducted right as she got out of the car? Or did she throw things in trunk and keep keys in hand to drive home, and was abducted at that time? moo

http://cbs13.com/local/missing.woman.phuong.2.1663019.html

OMG!!!

In the same video (on the right) 2 investigators are in her bedroom going thru her purse. There is an up close shot where you can see that one is wearing gloves and the other (who you can see reaching into her purse) is not wearing any gloves!!! :banghead:
If the purse was already in the house that isn't the crime scene. Now if they went through the car without any gloves on that's a different story, imo.

anyone know if her keys to the car were in the backpack or with the cell phone in trunk? If not, why would she take her keys and not anything else? Perhaps abducted right as she got out of the car? Or did she throw things in trunk and keep keys in hand to drive home, and was abducted at that time? moo
On NG's show tonight someone said her keys weren't found. I think what's crucial is an absolute confirmation she was in the B&N store. I'm still not seeing why she'd put her wallet, ID & cell phone in the trunk before driving away. What if she needed them? MOO

and worse than that BeanE... they were in the trunk and the window was down in the car (from the video in the first post)

Does anyone know what county this is in? I think I found her nursing license (several reporters were saying she was a student... but the cbs13 video said that she was a "full fledged nurse" and that the BN was were she used to study.

This is in Solano County.
Temps have been running low 60's days and high 40's evenings.

does anyone know if there were any additional sightings of Phuong other than the 2030 one at b/n?

Nothing I've seen. After she left home at 4, there's the phone call at 6 where she doesn't say where she is (last call on her cell), and then the witness at 8:30 at the bookstore.

Having lived in that area and gone to that shopping center, years ago. Sometimes at night, people (on foot and strange) would come up to the window and knock on it while you were ready to leave. I wonder if this happened and she rolled down her window to help somebody.

Keys are missing. That's what I'm thinking - she threw her stuff in the trunk, had keys in hand to get in the car, and was abducted. Or the perp took her in her car elsewhere, keys dropped on the ground there, perp threw her things in the trunk, drove car back to bookstore, parked it there, and took off.

I simply can't believe this girl would leave her family to worry. I just can't.

On NG's show tonight someone said her keys weren't found. I think what's crucial is an absolute confirmation she was in the B&N store. I'm still not seeing why she'd put her wallet, ID & cell phone in the trunk before driving away. What if she needed them? MOO

That's why I want to know if it was a habit of hers. It's unusual, but may just have been how she liked to drive or something she did if she was going to the gym. If it was something she never did, or rarely did, I wish a family member or friend would say so in the media so we'd know. Then it points to someone else putting her things in the trunk.

I think it did say her brother was surprised to find her things in the trunk, but I'd have to go back to swear to it.

Keys are missing. That's what I'm thinking - she threw her stuff in the trunk, had keys in hand to get in the car, and was abducted. Or the perp took her in her car elsewhere, keys dropped on the ground there, perp threw her things in the trunk, drove car back to bookstore, parked it there, and took off.

Going back to the Kelsey Smith case as a comparison, that perp returned her car to the Target parking lot because his vehicle was there. I'm kind of seeing the same thing possibly happening in this case, with the perp keeping the keys to make it look like she'd voluntarily walked away from the car. He might not even have known what was in the trunk if she'd left it there before going inside the store. MOO

I agree about B&N - can't imagine only one person seeing her. Le looks like a young girl.

Some people, like myself, don't use the cell phone while in the car - maybe she threw it in the trunk with the rest of her things. I'm not sure if there is a law saying you must have proof of insurance and driver's license next to you in the car - can they be in the trunk?

I also wonder if Le owes money for her education - is there pressure to pay it back? Not everyone is offered a job in the first few weeks out of school and licensed - wonder why she was so anxious about getting to work?

Le looks like a gentle soul - the smallest conflict and she retreats to B&N to avoid it all. LE doesn't look like a fighter of any kind. I am terribly concerned for her. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88