Josh Powell's House in WA blows up - Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
RodArquette Rod Arquette
Just got word that Chuck Cox, Susan's father will join me on the show @405 this afternoon. #fb

https://twitter.com/#!/RodArquette

Rod Arquette
@RodArquette Salt Lake City
Listen to the Rod Arquette Show, weekdays 4pm-7pm on 105.7 KNRS. It's three hours of news, opinion & conversation about what really matters to Utah.
http://www.knrs.com/pages/rod.html

4:05 would be mountain time............5:05 Central Time.........6:05 Eastern and 3:05 west coast. Here http://www.knrs.com/main.html

Thank You!

I want to remind everyone that Tricia will have a show tonight dedicated to this case.

Join us tomorrow night (Monday Feb. 6th) for a special edition of Websleuths radio at a special time. 10 PM Eastern. We will focus on the tragic deaths of Susan Cox's children and Susan's case in general. Listen RIGHT HERE tomorrow Monday Feb. 6th 10 PM Eastern right after the Levi Page Show.

RIP little ones.

I can’t imagine what their grandparents are going through. They trusted the system, and the system let them down.

How do you give supervised visits to a monster? Especially at the monster’s own home, where he has the upper hand.

If nothing else, hopefully the laws for supervised visits will change.

Most of you were blessed with children and even grandchildren. I wasn't. I wanted children so much and yet never had a child.

It just breaks my heart to hear of people who WERE blessed with children and then killed them.

What a selfish act that can't be forgiven.

Bless your precious heart.
We that have lost children through no fault of our own, even have trouble figuring it all out. The thing that got me through it was knowing that God was a loving God. True he could have stopped the death but does not always intervene. I can't explain it but I am afraid to question it as it is all I have to hold on to, my faith. It has to do with good/evil in this sick world but joy comes in the morning in knowing we will see our children again. I really feel for you as it has to be hard trying to understand why some are taken and those who want and love children don't get the chance. I think we are not supposed to understand why but it sure does make you stop and think. Bless your heart again and hugs to you.

We know already what the judge will say-the judge will say the decision was made with the best possible information available and that this outcome couldnt have been predicted.

We hear it every time one of the pieces of paper fails to protect the innocent life it is supposed to protect.

God Bless and keep this case worker-at least she is alive to bear witness. To fill in the blanks. At least she can give context to this horrific act.

one of the articles says he was denied full custody or something to do with the children. then it mentions the social worker was dropping off the children with him (not sure if they were supervised visits) the children ran ahead of her and he shut the door and locked it before she could get in. she then smelled gas and called her supervisor. what a sad situation 2 innocent children died.

Don't let it hurt your faith, honey. Our faith is not in PEOPLE .. people can be broken, ugly fools. I don't have faith in "people", really. Only in God and the good that GOOD people do ...

*hugs*

Thank you. I try my best to hang on to those thoughts. Life hurts and so do the deaths of blameless and innocent children.

God bless you.

the comment about "Mommys in the mine looking for crystals" is one of the things that prompted the ababdonded mine shaft searches back awhile ago...its not just coming out

It is shocking that the visit was allowed to happen at this guys home. I would think and hope there will be some change as to where supervised visits are held.

It amazes me how evil a human being can become.

We that have lost children through no fault of our own, even have trouble figuring it all out. The thing that got me through it was knowing that God was a loving God. True he could have stopped the death but does not always intervene. I can't explain it but I am afraid to question it as it is all I have to hold on to, my faith. It has to do with good/evil in this sick world but joy comes in the morning in knowing we will see our children again. I really feel for you as it has to be hard trying to understand why some are taken and those who want and love children don't get the chance. I think we are not supposed to understand why but it sure does make you stop and think. Bless your heart again and hugs to you.

I am so sorry to hear of your own loss. I wish you the eternal happiness that you deserve.

Keep up the good work everybody. Keep the prayers going for this precious family. See you all here tonight after work God willing. My heart is still breaking over this.

It is shocking that the visit was allowed to happen at this guys home. I would think and hope there will be some change as to where supervised visits are held.

It amazes me how evil a human being can become.

I am wondering how this could be called a 'supervised' visit. Was the social worker supposed to have been in there with them? Who was supervising?

My wanting children and never having one, I guess was God's will. Maybe God didn't think I deserved a child.

As far as I know, I never offended God, but my dearest wish was for at least one child.

At any rate, my pain is nothing. All I care about is the pain inflicted by JP on two innocent babies and the fact that he most likely killed their mother as well.

I am choked up at this point and glad he is dead.

I have so much to say, but I can't get my words out properly. I thought that maybe a bit of sleep would help,.. hugging my children extremely hard and sending them off to school would help.. but...

I prayed all night long that someone, somewhere got an email/text/vm that will lead to Susan.

I know that I am really reaching here, but it's the last silver lining I have in all of this.

God Bless the Cox family; I am not even a family member (just knew vicariously) and I am floored.

Floored... and on my knees praying.

I am wondering how this could be called a 'supervised' visit. Was the social worker supposed to have been in there with them? Who was supervising?

Yes, according to the head detective on the case Josh and the boys and the supervisor were on the porch and Josh let the boys in the house and he stepped in after them and shut her out and locked the door.

SEATTLE — State authorities can expect tough questions about whether more might have been done to protect a missing Utah woman's two children, who died along with their father after authorities say he ignited his home in an inferno Sunday.

Josh Powell was a person of interest in his wife's disappearance. Why was he allowed to meet with his sons at all? Why weren't more precautions taken, such as requiring that supervised visits be at a neutral site rather than at his home?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46283211/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/#.TzAWZ8XOV2A

Good... I'm glad they will be expected to answer some tough questions. Like we have seen all too often, someone dropped the ball here with these 2 little ones and in the end it was the innocent and helpless who paid for it. I'm SICK of this happening time and time again in cases where parents murder their children. If the parents won't protect these kids, and the state won't protect them... THEN WHO WILL? :furious:

I so appreciate and understand your frustration with everyone who had something to do with allowing these precious children to be victimized and murdered by their own Father. I do not blame the State, nor LE, nor the visitation supervisor, nor a failure in our system. I blame Josh Powell for this horrendous tragedy.

Laws in this country are based upon the assumption that everyone is innocent until proven guilty. There was nothing else that DCFS could do (IMO) in that JP was never charged with Susan's disappearance, murder (?), or even child endangerment when he admitted he took the toddlers camping in a snowstorm (IIRC). CPS could not take away his rights to see his children unless there was evidence he was a significant danger to his children. By not allowing him supervised visits . . . that essentially relates to severing a parental/child relationship without the appropriate legal "termination of parental rights" procedures which allows the parents opportunities to ameloriate the issues that brought the children into (foster/kinship) care.

Furthermore, the children have the right to see their parents as well. For those of you who have followed the Sky Metalwala case, (also in Washington State) we were all rooting for little MM to go home to her Daddy, Solomon (and still are thankful). MM (age 4) was placed into fostercare when her Mom reported little brother Sky (2 1/2) went missing from her car when she left him alone, claiming she ran out of gas. No one had seen Sky for many weeks (if not months) previously. He still has not been found. Solomon's rights to visits with his children were revoked until he completed expensive classes for domestic battery, based solely upon mother, Julia's allegations.

Both cases compare and contrast how CPS and family courts attempt to balance the needs and safety of the child vs. parental rights.

I think there are some people who are just so evil that nothing can or will stop them from achieving their goal. The particulars don't matter, what the system did or didn't do is irrelevant. If not this way, JP would have done it somewhere else in some other way. I really believe the ending would be the same if he'd had a completely supervised meeting in a very public place; he just would have used a different method. So I blame JP and only JP. There was no way to stop him.

Most of you were blessed with children and even grandchildren. I wasn't. I wanted children so much and yet never had a child.

It just breaks my heart to hear of people who WERE blessed with children and then killed them.

What a selfish act that can't be forgiven.

It must be especially hard on you to see such wasted blessings, {{{hugs}}}
Eta...sorry for the little insert on top, im on a tablet and keep fat fingering the keys, i didnt mean for that to be there!

We know already what the judge will say-the judge will say the decision was made with the best possible information available and that this outcome couldnt have been predicted.

We hear it every time one of the pieces of paper fails to protect the innocent life it is supposed to protect.

God Bless and keep this case worker-at least she is alive to bear witness. To fill in the blanks. At least she can give context to this horrific act.

BBM: I agree ...

I was wondering : is this Judge elected -- or -- appointed ?

If elected, I predict he will lose next go round ... and If it is an appointed position, how long is the appointment ?

TIA !

There will never be any justice for Susan now. JP took the coward's way out and took two precious children with him.

JMO.

Oh there is justice. Facing justice in the next life is far worse than any justice JP could have faced here in this life. There ain't no firemen to put the fire out where he is at now.

His boys are in an entirely different place safe with their mama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth