Trial Delayed until at least January

Status
Not open for further replies.

happy2binNC

Justice for Shaniya Davis!
Reaction score
Just in from WRAL:
"A Superior Court judge has delayed until at least January the retrial of Jason Young, accused of beating to death his pregnant wife inside their Wake County home nearly five years ago. Young was scheduled to go to trial again Oct. 10."

Additional evidence?

I'd be happy if they'd just present ALL the evidence they have. They left chunks of it out of the first trial, for what reason, I can't imagine.

Imagine the impact, though, if the jury heard that little C.Y. told her schoolmate, in secrecy, that her daddy killed her mommy. The damage done to that little girl by her murderous father is truly unconscionable.

Lets just see the unedited, full-length version.
The Cliff Notes version was a disaster.
WTH was the state of NC thinking?

RALEIGH, N.C. — The second trial for Jason Young has been pushed back another week because of an unrelated scheduling issue, the prosecutor trying the case said Wednesday.

Wake County Assistant District Attorney Becky Holt said the trial is now set for Jan. 17 and that she expects it will last about six weeks.

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/story/10499496/

RALEIGH, N.C. — The second trial for Jason Young has been pushed back another week because of an unrelated scheduling issue, the prosecutor trying the case said Wednesday.

Wake County Assistant District Attorney Becky Holt said the trial is now set for Jan. 17 and that she expects it will last about six weeks.

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/story/10499496/

I just finished watching testimony from the first trial. I was glued to the Casey Anthony trial and had no idea this trial was going on at the same time. Boy, what a disappoinment that verdict turned out to be!

Anyway, I took the time and watched all of the testimony so I could be up to speed on this case when the retrial takes place.

Jason Young, in my opinion, most certainly killed his wife and unborn child. He had a pretty good run of dumb luck with the service station's survelliance cameras not working at the time he went in there but I have absolutely no doubt it was him in there. Especially watching his reactions to the female prosecutor, he really looks down on women.

His relationship with his mother was absolutely no different than Michelle's relationship with her mother. The difference? Jason didn't like Linda, Linda put him in his place, told him what was up, and that didn't sit well with a person who looks down on women. You see, I think Jason looks at women as nothing more than sexual gratification. Discussing the fact that his sex life wasn't satisfactory with his co-workers? How embarrassing for Michelle. I'm so sorry for her.

The prosecution's cross of the defendant was extremely disappointing, I found myself continuing questioning on certain subjects when the prosecutor moved on to another subject. Like the print-outs on the computer. He testified that he printed the e-bay ads, and printed a couple of maps. He grabbed the maps as they were in his car...but he didn't grab the e-bay ads? The prosecutor even asked him "You printed the maps, was that at the same time you printed the e-bay ads"...his answer was yes....I yelled out "So why did you pick up the maps but not the e-bay ads".

Anyway, I look forward to the retrial, hopefully the prosecution has learned a thing or two. I highly doubt JY is going to testify during this one, I think the prosecution may have missed their chance, unfortunately.

Oh, and one thing that I kept noting over and over....what in the WORLD did Michelle see in this man? He is not at all handsome, he was embarrasing to be around doing all the "life of the party" things he did all the time, what he fails to realize is that his "friends" were laughing AT him, not WITH him.....he livened up their time so let him do all those foolish things, getting nekkid and doing genitalia tricks...mooning his own grandmother....I mean, really?

Oh well, enough babbling....see you all during retrial!

Happy New Year!

I just finished watching testimony from the first trial. I was glued to the Casey Anthony trial and had no idea this trial was going on at the same time. Boy, what a disappoinment that verdict turned out to be!

Anyway, I took the time and watched all of the testimony so I could be up to speed on this case when the retrial takes place.

Jason Young, in my opinion, most certainly killed his wife and unborn child. He had a pretty good run of dumb luck with the service station's survelliance cameras not working at the time he went in there but I have absolutely no doubt it was him in there. Especially watching his reactions to the female prosecutor, he really looks down on women.His relationship with his mother was absolutely no different than Michelle's relationship with her mother. The difference? Jason didn't like Linda, Linda put him in his place, told him what was up, and that didn't sit well with a person who looks down on women. You see, I think Jason looks at women as nothing more than sexual gratification. Discussing the fact that his sex life wasn't satisfactory with his co-workers? How embarrassing for Michelle. I'm so sorry for her.

The prosecution's cross of the defendant was extremely disappointing, I found myself continuing questioning on certain subjects when the prosecutor moved on to another subject. Like the print-outs on the computer. He testified that he printed the e-bay ads, and printed a couple of maps. He grabbed the maps as they were in his car...but he didn't grab the e-bay ads? The prosecutor even asked him "You printed the maps, was that at the same time you printed the e-bay ads"...his answer was yes....I yelled out "So why did you pick up the maps but not the e-bay ads".

Anyway, I look forward to the retrial, hopefully the prosecution has learned a thing or two. I highly doubt JY is going to testify during this one, I think the prosecution may have missed their chance, unfortunately.

Oh, and one thing that I kept noting over and over....what in the WORLD did Michelle see in this man? He is not at all handsome, he was embarrasing to be around doing all the "life of the party" things he did all the time, what he fails to realize is that his "friends" were laughing AT him, not WITH him.....he livened up their time so let him do all those foolish things, getting nekkid and doing genitalia tricks...mooning his own grandmother....I mean, really?

Oh well, enough babbling....see you all during retrial!

Happy New Year!

BBM. No testimony was given at trial that Jason Young looked down on women. Michelle was very attractive and had become pregnant three times and several attractive women testified that they had a sexual relationship with him so I'm guessing they didn't just go by how handsome or not they found him to be.

All the "party" stuff isn't evidence of murder and the Judge shut-down the prosecutor who tried to use it as evidence. I think the testimony of the store clerk hurt the prosecution big time. She seemed really confused. The continued delays for the retrial have me wondering if the prosecutor is going ahead with it.

JMO

BBM. No testimony was given at trial that Jason Young looked down on women. Michelle was very attractive and had become pregnant three times and several attractive women testified that they had a sexual relationship with him so I'm guessing they didn't just go by how handsome or not they found him to be.

All the "party" stuff isn't evidence of murder and the Judge shut-down the prosecutor who tried to use it as evidence. I think the testimony of the store clerk hurt the prosecution big time. She seemed really confused. The continued delays for the retrial have me wondering if the prosecutor is going ahead with it.

JMO

Huh?

Jason Young "looked down on" and totally DISRESPECTED his wife.
What else do you call bedding 2 other women in the month before the murder?

The vile, immature behavior in the company of others showed complete disrespect for all women. Correct, it was not evidence of murder, but it was used to paint a picture of a very unstable man that disrespected his wife.

Gracie confused? Not what I saw. She clearly remembered the man that cursed her and drove off in a white SUV.

Guess you missed the reasons for the 2 delays. Both were administrative.

The state has a very strong case ....the evidence just needs to be presented properly.

Huh?

Jason Young "looked down on" and totally DISRESPECTED his wife.
What else do you call bedding 2 other women in the month before the murder?

The vile, immature behavior in the company of others showed complete disrespect for all women. Correct, it was not evidence of murder, but it was used to paint a picture of a very unstable man that disrespected his wife.

Gracie confused? Not what I saw. She clearly remembered the man that cursed her and drove off in a white SUV.

Guess you missed the reasons for the 2 delays. Both were administrative.

The state has a very strong case ....the evidence just needs to be presented properly.

Evidence of murder needs to be presented rather than just evidence the guy is a jerk. I can only go by what I observed at the last trial. I responded to a poster who used the prosecutor as an example of Jason looking down upon women. AFAIK, Jason has never had sex with the prosecutor or partied with her.

Consenting men having sex with consenting women isn't evidence of sexism or that the man "looks down" upon women in general. Three women testified the sex was consensual. It also isn't evidence of murder, which is probably why the Judge stopped the prosecutor. Many people are disrespectful to their mates but that doesn't equal to murder.

I think the State has a very weak case and that's why she introduced partying and such as evidence. It's all she had. Gracie was a gift to the defense. I can understand why a majority of the jury concluded Jason wasn't guilty.

JMO

Consenting men having sex with consenting women isn't evidence of sexism or that the man "looks down" upon women in general. Three women testified the sex was consensual.

Jason Young was married.
You're right, not looking down on women in general, just his wife.
And yes, it is part of the evidence that goes to prove motive for murder.

Jason Young was married.
You're right, not looking down on women in general, just his wife.
And yes, it is part of the evidence that goes to prove motive for murder.

I don't agree that adultery is evidence of murder. I doubt an entire jury would agree that it is. If that is an example of the prosecutor's evidence, I think she'll fail. I thought she came across as a old school prude first time around, right down to her sensible shoes.

I don't agree that adultery is evidence of murder. I doubt an entire jury would agree that it is. If that is an example of the prosecutor's evidence, I think she'll fail. .

Nor do I.
However, it does go to show motive for murder.

Nor do I.
However, it does go to show motive for murder.

I do not agree that adultery is enough to show motive for murder. Divorce is an option and neither spouse had initiated one in this case. A motive is useless if opportunity can not be proved beyond a reasonable doubt and it wasn't proved in the last trial or the civil trial.

I'm more interested in the latest search warrants as well as the defense's interest in finding out what the civil lawyers uncovered.

JMO

Hi MyBelle,

Your interpretation of his behaviors is simply different than mine. I think he thinks women are his toys and he gets to play with them any way he wishes. That's just my opinion though.

I'm looking forward to the next trial. Hopefully, the prosecution learned from their mistakes, takes advantage of having a second chance, and sends that murdering womanizer to prison for the rest of his natural born life.

Cheers!

JMO

From what has been revealed about JY through testimony during his first trial, search warrants, and emails, I think JY thought he was above everyone - both women and men. JY's actions before and after the murder of his wife and unborn son reflect a man who displayed a sense of entitlement and whose only concern was for himself.

-He slept with two women while his wife was pregnant with their child within a couple of months of Michelle's murder - one of which became an intense emotional and sexual affair
-He wrote an undying love email to a third woman in which he denied being married
-He told a friend of his that he loved Michelle Money and that he wished she was pregnant with his child and not her husband's child
-He told a friend of his that the only thing worse than being married to Michelle would be to be divorced from her
-He wrote in an email to Michelle that he "could kill her" for not letting him get the yard work done on a morning that she had to work
-In the same email, he lashed out at Michelle because his daughter had peed on herself and on the floor and that he was just going to take her to the pool and drink beer
-He told a friend within a couple of months of Michelle's murder that he was done with the marriage
-He told Michelle that he didn't need counseling but she did
-He only agreed to "counseling" if Michelle's sister would be the mediator, therefore, robbing Michelle of a natural ally - her only sister who in this role had to stay neutral
-He added stress to Michelle's life while she was pregnant with their son by arguing about and restricting Michelle's mother's visits with her even though Michelle had miscarried their previous child a few months before
-He told two of his female coworkers that his sex life with his wife was bad
-He told these same coworkers that the only reason his wife was pregnant was so that he could have sex
-He warned at least one of these coworkers that he was a horny man
-He exposed himself at parties in front of men and women while his wife was there
-He told people that Michelle heard noises at night when he was away on business trips, yet he didn't fix the garage door or alarm system
-He never helped LE try to find Michelle's killer
-He refused to help LE by doing a simple requested walk through of the home with his lawyer present to see what had been stolen
-He refused a polygraph exam so the police could clear him and look for the "real" killer
-He never offered a reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the killer of his wife and unborn son
-He stayed in contact with MM even after the murder and had at least one visit with her in Myrtle Beach
-He used pictures of himself with his daughter on a website to get dates with women and exploited Michelle's death by sympathetically describing himself as a widower and single parent
-He would not allow his daughter to receive Christmas gifts from her maternal grandmother and aunt
-He refused to defend himself in a WD lawsuit to avoid being deposed
-When Michelle's sister sought visitation with his daughter, he willingly gave up custody of her to avoid being deposed
-He never claimed the 1MM life insurance policy on Michelle to avoid answering questions
-The only time he spoke about his and Michelle's marriage and his whereabouts on the night of the murder was after he knew what the prosecution had against him and he could tailor his story to fit the facts

JY is a self-absorbed, manipulative liar who was named by the NC judicial system as the slayer of Michelle Young in a civil trial. For the sake of justice and for the sake of closure for Michelle's family, I hope that he is found guilty of first degree murder in the upcoming criminal trial because he deserves nothing less.

From what has been revealed about JY through testimony during his first trial, search warrants, and emails, I think JY thought he was above everyone - both women and men. JY's actions before and after the murder of his wife and unborn son reflect a man who displayed a sense of entitlement and whose only concern was for himself.

-He slept with two women while his wife was pregnant with their child within a couple of months of Michelle's murder - one of which became an intense emotional and sexual affair
-He wrote an undying love email to a third woman in which he denied being married
-He told a friend of his that he loved Michelle Money and that he wished she was pregnant with his child and not her husband's child
-He told a friend of his that the only thing worse than being married to Michelle would be to be divorced from her
-He wrote in an email to Michelle that he "could kill her" for not letting him get the yard work done on a morning that she had to work
-In the same email, he lashed out at Michelle because his daughter had peed on herself and on the floor and that he was just going to take her to the pool and drink beer
-He told a friend within a couple of months of Michelle's murder that he was done with the marriage
-He told Michelle that he didn't need counseling but she did
-He only agreed to "counseling" if Michelle's sister would be the mediator, therefore, robbing Michelle of a natural ally - her only sister who in this role had to stay neutral
-He added stress to Michelle's life while she was pregnant with their son by arguing about and restricting Michelle's mother's visits with her even though Michelle had miscarried their previous child a few months before
-He told two of his female coworkers that his sex life with his wife was bad
-He told these same coworkers that the only reason his wife was pregnant was so that he could have sex
-He warned at least one of these coworkers that he was a horny man
-He exposed himself at parties in front of men and women while his wife was there
-He told people that Michelle heard noises at night when he was away on business trips, yet he didn't fix the garage door or alarm system
-He never helped LE try to find Michelle's killer
-He refused to help LE by doing a simple requested walk through of the home with his lawyer present to see what had been stolen
-He refused a polygraph exam so the police could clear him and look for the "real" killer
-He never offered a reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the killer of his wife and unborn son
-He stayed in contact with MM even after the murder and had at least one visit with her in Myrtle Beach
-He used pictures of himself with his daughter on a website to get dates with women and exploited Michelle's death by sympathetically describing himself as a widower and single parent
-He would not allow his daughter to receive Christmas gifts from her maternal grandmother and aunt
-He refused to defend himself in a WD lawsuit to avoid being deposed
-When Michelle's sister sought visitation with his daughter, he willingly gave up custody of her to avoid being deposed
-He never claimed the 1MM life insurance policy on Michelle to avoid answering questions
-The only time he spoke about his and Michelle's marriage and his whereabouts on the night of the murder was after he knew what the prosecution had against him and he could tailor his story to fit the facts

JY is a self-absorbed, manipulative liar who was named by the NC judicial system as the slayer of Michelle Young in a civil trial. For the sake of justice and for the sake of closure for Michelle's family, I hope that he is found guilty of first degree murder in the upcoming criminal trial because he deserves nothing less.

I hope the prosecution comes ready to present all of your excellent points!

Hi MyBelle,

Your interpretation of his behaviors is simply different than mine. I think he thinks women are his toys and he gets to play with them any way he wishes. That's just my opinion though.

I'm looking forward to the next trial. Hopefully, the prosecution learned from their mistakes, takes advantage of having a second chance, and sends that murdering womanizer to prison for the rest of his natural born life.

Cheers!

My interpretation of his behaviors is irrelevant because adultery isn't the crime and isn't evidence of guilt of homicide. In this case, it doesn't make a believable motive because no divorce action or separation had been initiated.

To me, it is no different than concluding he's guilty because he invoked his right to silence. Young may be a womanizer and a real jerk but his wife seemed to tolerate him rather than boot him. I doubt a jury will convict him of murder without convincing evidence of opportunity. The prosecution has to prove he returned to Raleigh and they failed to do that.

JMO

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/story/10199899/

Retrial of Jason Young scheduled for Jan. 9

During a routine court hearing Thursday, prosecutors said they plan to present additional evidence at the new trial.

I checked the court roster yesterday, and the trial is scheduled for 01/17/12, and Holt is still listed as ADA on the docket. I hope she's been taking lotsa Vitamin B12 and eating nails for breakfast so she'll be ready to "bring it." :maddening:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123