2010.12.21 Stream of Motions - General Discussion

WFTV is reporting that these are defense motions, no one has reported anything about the State filing a motion. I am so confused.

If the media is correct and there is a defense motion in limine with the heading "Motion in Limine State of Florida", I will be pouring a stiff cocktail before I even open that sucker.

WFTV is reporting that these are defense motions, no one has reported anything about the State filing a motion. I am so confused.

I am pretty sure it was WFTV that was reporting earlier on in the week that the sanctions motion would be heard on Monday also. Now I'm the sleepy one - I know one of the news stations did.

The question about Friday was a serious one not a :poke: one. I didn't know - one minute I was reading Nums24's news and the next minute it was the next day and at O. It is three hours behind here.

I don't think I've been online before when the new thread has gone up. That's what I thought you might be a bit sleepy.

I was laughing! I didn't take it as a :poke:at all! When you asked, I actually went :waitasec: and checked Bond's old weekend threads to make sure I got it right.

I am pretty sure it was WFTV that was reporting earlier on in the week that the sanctions motion would be heard on Monday also. Now I'm the sleepy one - I know one of the news stations did.

Yes it was WFTV.

Okay - I'm off to my bed now - time to rest up for the motion reading tomorrow.

That and I need to hide since I was suggesting CA was being "making a joke or attempting humor" over in the pregnancy thread.

Sigh.

I'm tired too, I meant the WFTV 11:55pm article about the new motions filed today.

I was laughing! I didn't take it as a :poke:at all! When you asked, I actually went :waitasec: and checked Bond's old weekend threads to make sure I got it right.

Whew! Oh good - well you don't have a ray gun, but I have a rule - do not PO the mods!!........:giggle:........:bow:

Baez...Hello, is anyone there!
Anyonehere1.gif

DirtDOG.gif

Maybe Baez wants a do over on her arrest too...Man, the most relevent evidence this man wants seperated from his client. All these items are so relevent for it goes to ICA's state of mind the entire time Caylee was missing and no one made aware. Once authorities were made aware of an allegedly missing child, ICA still didn't do anything with it. She's been carefree the entire process and still as she sits over 2 years in OCDOC, it's all about HER.

I guess a do over in it's entirety is best for the defense. :innocent:

Justice for Caylee

Well, it's about time...time and time again, JA has objected to this and now it can be written in stone...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Yes, I agree. May I add how professional and easy to read this motion was?

I agree that the defense, or the Anthony's, should not be able to state, in open court, that the OSCO or the State "leaked" anything. We all know that the Florida Sunshine Laws have allowed a wealth of information to come out in this case. I don't think that the State should have to give the jury a complete run down of the Florida Sunshine Laws, which imo, would have to be addressed if such accusations came up.

I have to admit, I never thought about it the way that LDB did until I seen in written it this motion. She is 100% right when she says that the State of Florida and the OSCO is not on trial here... which if the defense had their way, they would be and for what? Following the law?

Meh, toss it all. Throw it all out....doesn't matter.
Even if the judge was to grant all of it (which he won't), you are STILL left with:

ICA being Caylee's mother.
ICA being the last one who saw Caylee alive.
ICA not reporting her daughter missing.
Caylee being missing 31 days before being reported missing.
ICA doing her "own search" for the child.
ICA being seen/photographed/etc doing everything BUT search for her child in those 31 days.

31 days, 31 days, 31 days, 31 days.

Try throwing THAT out, Casey!

Honestly, the ship has sunk on ICA. It is all about saving her life at this point.

Even OJ couldn't get out of this mess.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

The tattoo motion asks that the SAO be required to offer proof in writing as to how the tattoo is relevant to the case.

Betcha this is Baez's way of finding out what the SA is going to present at trial because he is too dumb to figure it out himself. FPS, I'm no lawyer and I can give it one helluva good guess.

Why do I suspect the clerk's office is on automatic data-send to HHJP's blackberry. He'll be reviewing all this on Sunday I suspect, however, while it seems like a pile to us, His Honor has seen all this before and is probably expecting it.

So I suspect also Monday will be just another day at the office for him. And I do believe he'll be a bustling on Monday afternoon.

Just to put this all in perspective. Yeah we ridicule JB and the defense. But to be honest these are for the most part motions that they had to file, even when they know they have no chance of them actually winning. We have known this since the begining that at around this point the defense would have to release a flurry of motion spam trying to exclude everything and anything. As HHJS said way back, "they can ask for anything, they just probably won't get it". The key is they have to file the motions now in order to leave the avenue open for appeal. if they didn't ask for it now, no matter how insane or pointless it seems, they can't go back and ask for it later on appeal.

So yeah these motions are going down in flames. HHJP knows it. The SA knows it and most of the defense team knows it. (can't actually predict whether JB realizes this or is still hoping for a big win here). It will be interesting to watch KC's reaction to all of this. I can't see here as accepting that these aren't "brilliant arguments that will save her because they simply can't talk about these things". So she may be a bit distraught when the repeated rulings of "denied with prejudice" come out.

A few of these are actually somewhat legit, and once again we knew had to be coming. Heck the judge has coached JB on submitting the Frye stuff. The heart sticker is a legitimate evidentiary problem that any defense attorney should be arguing against. While not a guaranteed win, there is some reasonable argument to be made about blocking the jail house video of KC's reaction to the body being found. It was less than ideal LE procedure. A good lawyer would and should call them on it.

And this is why in the end this is a good thing for those of us waiting anxiously for justice to be served fro Caylee. All of these motions are stuff that we know will not fly. BUT the very act of making them once again proves and reinforces that KC has a competent defense team working vigorously as her advocates. Not a single incompetent boob. She has a team, they are filing motions and expending time and energy to defend her. I'm betting that baring some finding of a major financial impropriety that this flurry of motions will probably effectively kill off any even remote possibility of an appeal based on ineffective council.

Remember Caylee's justice is a big picture item. These motions are small stuff that everyone knew had to be filed in order to get us to trial.

Wow! Next we will see a motion asking that "Any and all verbal spewage that has come forth from my clients mouth to be suppressed. Use of any such spewage can only damage my clients constitutional rights to la bella vita, and therefore must be suppressed." :crazy:

So they want the jail visits suppressed because Cindy, George and Lee Anthony were "Agents of the State." Great title for a movie, Jose! Can he get any more dramatic?

As for Maya and Robyn? I don't really see why they even need to be put on the stand in the first place? Robyn, maybe, to state that these letters were written between her and Casey... but nothing more than that?

I'm confused by the JJ motion? Can someone walk me through this one?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back