2009.07.28 / 2009.07.29 Deposition Cindy Anthony Transcript parts 1 and 2

A pattern I've noticed in CA's responses is that she will quickly answer a firm "yes" or "no" and then, rather than leaving it at that and waiting for the next question, she keeps talking and in the end, many times ends up contradicting her firm initial response!

They don't carry any weight as evidence. The actual statements to LE are the evidence. The depositions are there so that the oposing council can begin to map out a line of questioning of a witness for trial. The jury will never see or hear the depositions unless the witnesses testimony deviates substantially enough from the depostion so as to trigger concerns of perjury.

In Cindy's case I figure the jury will have every line of deposition read to them repeatedly.

bbm

That should be part of Casey's sentence :behindbar listening to her family's words for the remainder of her miserable existence

LBD is questioning Cindy about her July 3rd My Space post "My Caylee is missing" --- re the line re a mother's love being unconditional but "there are limits when one is betrayed by the one she loved and trusted the most."

LBD: Who are you referring to (as being betrayed.)
Cindy: Well, I --- she lied to me. I don't like people lying to me.
LBD: Me either. :highfive:

This one exchange is priceless! CA isn't fooling anyone.............

When I read these lies the A's told and the "mis-truths" about all the young people, my tummy gets all tied in knots and I feel sick...I can't imagine how Ricardo, Tony, Amy and Jesse feel. The Anthony's are like a poison.

It's difficult to imagine how all of Casey's "friends" feel, now that they know how evil KC and her family are. They're fairly young and I'm sure this experience is a life lesson to all of them. In the future, I'm sure it will take a long time to fully trust someone.

I'm still working on Part 2 of CA's depo, and haven't even got into GA or LA yet. I've tried to remain fairly sympathetic to the parents in the past, and still do reserve some campassion for their situation, but as usual I am left with more questions than answers and no words to express that their reactions, and actions towards KC are so abnormal to me.

She has gone through these answers a million times in the 20 hours a day she is awake, and dreamed them in the 4 hours she sleeps.

I don't believe for a minute she hasn't looked at things since last Fall. She has been devoting hours to the discovery documents and planning every response to questions that have been raised here on WS.

Her reaction to her daughter's pregnancy and the denial. KC not graduating...denial of who is responsible...the "BORROWING" of gas cans, right after she describes how the lock was broken into. She KNEW before KC went to the house and didn't talk to her hubby about it? Maybe it's just me, but I thought borrowing meant asking first or at least "Hey, Mom and Dad I had to break the shed lock to get the gas cans. I'm sorry, I will bring them back, but I didn't want you to worry."

Ohhhh don't even get me started on the sim card...changing phone saga. I'm beginning to think they (parents & defense team) are taking the opportunity to mock evidence in ways they think are so clever.

I'm thinking they are pretty PO'd at the SA for releasing this info now. They talked about how respectful the depos were, I wonder what they are thinking now?

page 30 lines 11-12 the question was were there any post-delivery problems with KC...CA responds that "No. I just broke my episiotomy the next day....." instead of responding to a question that was clearly about KC's post-delivery welfare. It's all about CA, all CA all the time.

LOL. I caught that too and said HUH???? TMI CA...TMI! :eek:

With these people, I tend to think of this song:

I wanna talk about me,
I wanna talk about I
I wanna talk talk about number one,
old my me my
What I think, what I like, what I know,
what I want, what I see
How I like talkin' 'bout you you you
you usually
But occasionally, I wanna talk about me

I'm on the 3rd page of the 1st portion of the actual deposition and without any audio/video, it's perfectly clear to me that CA came in with an attitude. LDB cannot not even get through a sentence w/out her interrupting. It's like CA saying, w/out actually saying...let's get on with it - I've got my game face on. Anyone else get that?

page 30 lines 11-12 the question was were there any post-delivery problems with KC...CA responds that "No. I just broke my episiotomy the next day....." instead of responding to a question that was clearly about KC's post-delivery welfare. It's all about CA, all CA all the time.

I find the entire subject of the episiotomy very odd - even GA elaborated on KC's procedure after Caylee was born ... in another LE interview where he comments about the nurse handing Caylee to CA first after the delivery. I had to chuckle because he uses the word "episiotomy" then he proceeds to describe the procedure to the investigators. I couldn't believe he was elaborating. If that were my DH, he would probably just say, "and while the nurses were attending to her after the delivery" ... he wouldn't give them a step-by-step walk thru of the procedure! LOL!

I'm still working on Part 2 of CA's depo, and haven't even got into GA or LA yet. I've tried to remain fairly sympathetic to the parents in the past, and still do reserve some campassion for their situation, but as usual I am left with more questions than answers and no words to express that their reactions, and actions towards KC are so abnormal to me.

She has gone through these answers a million times in the 20 hours a day she is awake, and dreamed them in the 4 hours she sleeps.

I don't believe for a minute she hasn't looked at things since last Fall. She has been devoting hours to the discovery documents and planning every response to questions that have been raised here on WS.

Her reaction to her daughter's pregnancy and the denial. KC not graduating...denial of who is responsible...the "BORROWING" of gas cans, right after she describes how the lock was broken into. She KNEW before KC went to the house and didn't talk to her hubby about it? Maybe it's just me, but I thought borrowing meant asking first or at least "Hey, Mom and Dad I had to break the shed lock to get the gas cans. I'm sorry, I will bring them back, but I didn't want you to worry."

Ohhhh don't even get me started on the sim card...changing phone saga. I'm beginning to think they (parents & defense team) are taking the opportunity to mock evidence in ways they think are so clever.

I'm thinking they are pretty PO'd at the SA for releasing this info now. They talked about how respectful to depos were, I wonder what they are thinking now?

Cindy is histrionic - if she wants to avoid answering a question, it is because she hasn't been eating or sleeping. Or she shrewdly changes the subject or engages in double talk. Easy to see where Casey inherited her flair for Drammmmma. IMO.

On a side note, I think LDB did a fabulous job in asking questions! I found myself asking the same questions and kept reading to find she asked the same.

*banging head on desk* Here we go with SIM cards and cell phones...Sheesh! It really does run in the family, apparently.
As I was reading the depos, I sincerely felt they were flat out, bald-faced lying about certain things--like Cindy saying she heard Zanny's name consistently, saying she was the one that searched for chlor. because her dogs ate bamboo, etc.
However, the thing that really struck me and sort of choked me up (and I don't know why it was THIS specific statement that bothered me) was when Cindy said that Caylee would get her own breakfast and snacks and they'd have a cup of milk waiting for her in the fridge. As the mother of a little one that just turned three, I can't imagine her doing those types of things for herself. Let alone at the age of two. The idea of Caylee padding out to the kitchen by herself, in her pajamas with, probably, a wet pull-up, going to the fridge and getting a cup of milk, some cereal and then going to the living room to pop in a DVD all alone is so sad to me...and it explains a lot.

*banging head on desk* Here we go with SIM cards and cell phones...Sheesh! It really does run in the family, apparently.
As I was reading the depos, I sincerely felt they were flat out, bald-faced lying about certain things--like Cindy saying she heard Zanny's name consistently, saying she was the one that searched for chlor. because her dogs ate bamboo, etc.
However, the thing that really struck me and sort of choked me up (and I don't know why it was THIS specific statement that bothered me) was when Cindy said that Caylee would get her own breakfast and snacks and they'd have a cup of milk waiting for her in the fridge. As the mother of a little one that just turned three, I can't imagine her doing those types of things for herself. Let alone at the age of two. The idea of Caylee padding out to the kitchen by herself, in her pajamas with, probably, a wet pull-up, going to the fridge and getting a cup of milk, some cereal and then going to the living room to pop in a DVD all alone is so sad to me...and it explains a lot.

:cry:

The idea of Caylee padding out to the kitchen by herself, in her pajamas with, probably, a wet pull-up, going to the fridge and getting a cup of milk, some cereal and then going to the living room to pop in a DVD all alone is so sad to me...and it explains a lot.

<snipped>

Seriously, can anyone imagine her being allowed to have a cup of milk and cereal in the living room - on that white carpet? I'm thinking not. Someone would be following her around with a carpet steamer!

I wondered the same thing, CuriousTwo. Probably why she had a toddler cup ready for Caylee in the mornings so that she wouldn't spill it on the perfect carpet.

Is there anyone here that's good with photo enhancement. I am trying to get a better picture of Exhibit 22. These are the lists that they were squabbling about and Jose told her to "zip it". Can't make out anything that's written on the right side.

I extracted the original resolution version from the PDF. I think this one might be mostly legible...

http://img42.yfrog.com/img42/4426/exhib22.png

I wondered the same thing, CuriousTwo. Probably why she had a toddler cup ready for Caylee in the mornings so that she wouldn't spill it on the perfect carpet.

You can tell my "babies" are grown ... back then, toddler/sippy cups leaked if tipped over. Are they leak-proof now? Awesome!

BBM

ITA. Tonight, I was reflecting on why this case became so personal to me. My baby boy is just 6 months younger than Caylee. Fifteen months ago, when I started watching this case on NG, she kept playing that video of Caylee with her Great Grandfather saying "Are you tired, Papa?" My son, would stop what ever he was doing and watch that video. While I certainly am overjoyed with his independence, even with my son, now 3 1/2, I can't imagine him getting his own breakfast. MAYBE a snack of a banana or string cheese from his drawer, but not a meal. Her description broker my heart as well!

Regarding Casey's graduation, in Cindy's FBI interview (p.120/7636/37), she says that they found out about the class credit problem two days before graduation. But in this document, she says she found out on "the day of graduation." I wonder if that will be an issue...

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21310288/detail.html

I read a Twitter post from 3 hours ago about "100 missing pages" from Pt II of Cindy's deposition. Not sure if anyone has seen these but there is info here I have not read commented upon. FWIW.

On page 321, Baez becomes really upset when LDB is asking Cindy about what items Casey gave to Baez (i.e., photos, videos, etc.) JB is saying this info is "sealed" and he doesn't want it "on the record." Also, Cindy is questioned about the duct tape and she admits to it being in the garage and shed, and having been used at the command post. One thing that might be very significant is, while Cindy denies she has/had any canvas laundry bags, she talks about a tablecloth and rug that she uses when she cuts Lee's hair. These items are stored in the garage laundry area. I am wondering if any of the "fringe hair" discovered at the crime scene may have come from this tablecloth or rug. I don't recall seeing this portion of Cindy's depo being discussed previously. If so just disregard. I am on information overload!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back