TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know that this Doe stole her identity rather than creating one because she had the same name and ssn as another person. This person was found to be the legitimate holder of the name and number. IIRC

Actually, the SSN she was using was issued to her in 1988. We assume she was able to obtain her own SSN by using false documents.

So yes, she created her new identity.

Does anyone know if she or her husband used Facebook or MySpace? I doubt that she would since she has a stolen identity but possibly her husband did use it. I wonder if the real LEKR uses FB or MS.

We know that this Doe stole her identity rather than creating one because she had the same name and ssn as another person. This person was found to be the legitimate holder of the name and number. IIRC

I don't recall this being stated anywhere. The ss# was issued to LEK in 1988, but we don't know if it belonged to anyone else with the same name.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Does anyone know if she or her husband used Facebook or MySpace? I doubt that she would since she has a stolen identity but possibly her husband did use it. I wonder if the real LEKR uses FB or MS.

Her husband has a facebook account, but she doesn't/didn't. I'm not sure about myspace.

Actually, the SSN she was using was issued to her in 1988. We assume she was able to obtain her own SSN by using false documents.

So yes, she created her new identity.

I don't recall this being stated anywhere. The ss# was issued to LEK in 1988, but we don't know if it belonged to anyone else with the same name.

Thanks for trying to clear this up. I thought that she stole an identity with false documents and asked to be reissued a ssn and (here is the wrong/unknown part) got the same ssn as the real person. Kind of like getting a replacement card.
So, I guess CherBear is saying we don't really know if it is entirely new number or not. That is right, I don't think that was ever laid out to us.

I can't believe SS would catch them if they had different numbers- especially when there are thousands of duplicates running around....but I guess that will remain a mystery.

Thanks for trying to clear this up. I thought that she stole an identity with false documents and asked to be reissued a ssn and (here is the wrong/unknown part) got the same ssn as the real person. Kind of like getting a replacement card.
So, I guess CherBear is saying we don't really know if it is entirely new number or not. That is right, I don't think that was ever laid out to us.

I can't believe SS would catch them if they had different numbers- especially when there are thousands of duplicates running around....but I guess that will remain a mystery.

Exactly. We know that the SS# was issued in 1988, but we don't know to whom or who requested it. We just know that LEK used that ID, possibly in 1990. NamUS just states that she was living under an "assumed identity." No additional details, and no evidence of a living or deceased person by that same name.

These are names we have suggested for Longview Jane Doe in this thread. Please add to or correct as needed.
I have included a number after the name if 1. height significantly off 2. age/date LKA is significantly off

Rachel Garden-1
Lisa Renee Wilson-1
Kerry O'Brien Kruger-1
Robin Marlow
Kelly Bergh Dove
Martha L Green-1
Gayle Barnes-2
Christi Nichols
Donna Jokumsen
Debra Jean Cole
Mary Louise Day
Julie Ann Guthrie
Suzanne M Schultz-2
Cynthia Lorie Perry-1
Judy Ann Gary
Christina L Byers-2
Jennifer Wictor
Lori Lee Berens
Anne Marie Fahey-2

:waitasec: If there is a better way to do this via Google docs or something, please feel free to take this and run with it.

mamashawn- from looking back I see that you told LE about Kelly Bergh Dove as a possible match? Did you hear back?

I wonder how she died and if she left a suicide note. I was born in Longview in 1965 and my dad and some family still reside there. I have followed this entire thread and am going to do some sleuthing when I talk to some of my relatives. I am extremely new to this

I checked the public records in Gregg County and the R family overall owns lots of property and mineral rights, land and homes

Her name was not listed on their home in 2010 either, just his name. There was nothing in public records in her name in 2010.

Her name was not listed on their home in 2010 either, just his name. There was nothing in public records in her name in 2010.

Also interesting to note, the divorce papers list her as LEK and not LER. I thought that was odd. If her name was legally changed to LER when she got married, wouldn't it have to appear that way on court docs until she was officially divorced?

These are names we have suggested for Longview Jane Doe in this thread. Please add to or correct as needed.
I have included a number after the name if 1. height significantly off 2. age/date LKA is significantly off

Rachel Garden-1
Lisa Renee Wilson-1
Kerry O'Brien Kruger-1
Robin Marlow
Kelly Bergh Dove
Martha L Green-1
Gayle Barnes-2
Christi Nichols
Donna Jokumsen
Debra Jean Cole
Mary Louise Day
Julie Ann Guthrie
Suzanne M Schultz-2
Cynthia Lorie Perry-1
Judy Ann Gary
Christina L Byers-2
Jennifer Wictor
Lori Lee Berens
Anne Marie Fahey-2

:waitasec: If there is a better way to do this via Google docs or something, please feel free to take this and run with it.

Just trying to narrow down - not including the 1s and 2s, Marlow was born in 1954 which would make her 54yo in 2008 when LEKR's daughter was born (assuming she was born to her and not adopted.) Possible, but not probable.

Cole has a birthmark - none mentioned on UID

Guthrie has blue eyes and two birthmarks mentioned.

Wictor has blue eyes

I think Christi Nichols looks remarkably like our UID! It seems very likely that she was killed by her husband.

That leaves Dove (not enough info to rule out), Jokumsen (picture didn't look like our UID), Day, Gary (not enough info available) and Berens - who would have lost a lot of weight but is close enough to consider.

I'll do some more looking to see if any of these are ruled out.

So happy everyone is working hard on this. :rocker:

HTH

mamashawn- from looking back I see that you told LE about Kelly Bergh Dove as a possible match? Did you hear back?

Unfortunately, no. The detective was not very helpful at all. He seemed peeved that I was asking for the information. He said he didn't know the information because the case was so old. I told him about LEKR and gave him her NAMUS #, iirc.

The Harrisonburg PD was criticized for the way they handled the case in the first place. Maybe they're still a little sensitive.

Maybe someone else could give the department a call? :poke:

Just trying to narrow down - not including the 1s and 2s, Marlow was born in 1954 which would make her 54yo in 2008 when LEKR's daughter was born (assuming she was born to her and not adopted.) Possible, but not probable.

Cole has a birthmark - none mentioned on UID

Guthrie has blue eyes and two birthmarks mentioned.

Wictor has blue eyes

I think Christi Nichols looks remarkably like our UID! It seems very likely that she was killed by her husband.

That leaves Dove (not enough info to rule out), Jokumsen (picture didn't look like our UID), Day, Gary (not enough info available) and Berens - who would have lost a lot of weight but is close enough to consider.

I'll do some more looking to see if any of these are ruled out.

So happy everyone is working hard on this. :rocker:

HTH
I decided to leave Christi Nichols, Jokumsen and Cole for the time being because I don't want to rule out on uncertain info.

POTENTIAL LIST
UPDATED as of May 2, 2012 8pmPST
I have included a number after the name if 1. height significantly off 2. age/date LKA is significantly off and 3. other physical characteristics off

Rachel Garden-1
Lisa Renee Wilson-1
Kerry O'Brien Kruger-1
Robin Marlow--2
Kelly Bergh Dove
Martha L Green-1
Gayle Barnes-2
Christi Nichols
Donna Jokumsen
Debra Jean Cole
Mary Louise Day

Julie Ann Guthrie-3
Suzanne M Schultz-2
Cynthia Lorie Perry-1
Judy Ann Gary
Christina L Byers-2
Jennifer Wictor-3
Lori Lee Berens
Anne Marie Fahey-2

I keep going back and forth about Christi Nichols, I think she looks a lot like LER. I wonder if she could have left her husband and changed her identity to get away from him or things like that usually only happen in fiction?

Anne Marie Fahey is deceased. She is only listed on the missing sites because her killer placed her body in the Atlantic Ocean, so technically her body is "missing." But she could not possibly be this Jane Doe.

I decided to leave Christi Nichols, Jokumsen and Cole for the time being because I don't want to rule out on uncertain info.

POTENTIAL LIST
UPDATED as of May 2, 2012 8pmPST
I have included a number after the name if 1. height significantly off 2. age/date LKA is significantly off and 3. other physical characteristics off

Rachel Garden-1
Lisa Renee Wilson-1
Kerry O'Brien Kruger-1
Robin Marlow--2
Kelly Bergh Dove
Martha L Green-1
Gayle Barnes-2
Christi Nichols
Donna Jokumsen
Debra Jean Cole
Mary Louise Day

Julie Ann Guthrie-3
Suzanne M Schultz-2
Cynthia Lorie Perry-1
Judy Ann Gary
Christina L Byers-2
Jennifer Wictor-3
Lori Lee Berens
Anne Marie Fahey-2

Thanks for doing this.

After putting each of the photos next to a photo of LEKR, I feel that Lori Berens is the best possibility. Kelly Dove is 2nd. Christi Nichols' chin and eyebrow/nose spacing don't match. Donna Jokumsen appears to have a longer chin and different shaped eyes. Debra Cole is pretty short, and her circumstances indicate she was killed. Mary Louise Day has a completely different nose, but that's all I can come up with. Judy Gary has a decent facial likeness, but she doesn't have a "toothy" smile in any of her photos, which leads me to think that she is not our UID...she has a white, toothy smile in every photo. I think most people don't switch between a toothy grin and a closed lip grin....but I'm on the fence with that.

Lori Lee Berens has a facebook page. Started Feb. 17 by her cousin Karen. If she asks about my interest, how much should I share?

Lori Lee Berens has a facebook page. Started Feb. 17 by her cousin Karen. If she asks about my interest, how much should I share?

I think that you should contact LE first. We should try not to involve family if at all possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998