GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still go back to the theory put forward by someone in the earlier thread of the possibility Joanna was'nt murdered until Gregg Reardon returned on the Sunday evening - hence why his alibi stands up from Friday - Sunday, everybody seems to asume she was killed on the Friday/Saturday for some reason. Dont forget the body wasnt found until the 25th, reports say she was missing for 8 days - but maybe it was only 5 ??

I get the impression the sock was used to strangle her, a struggle on the floor, the sock came off, the murderer wrapped it around her neck & held it tight till she was dead. All of this would of lasted say 45 seconds.

I think your Sunday night theory has merit. I don't think the sock was used in the strangulation though. I think it was a face to face encounter with someone shouting 'shut up, just shut up'.

I think your Sunday night theory has merit. I don't think the sock was used in the strangulation though. I think it was a face to face encounter with someone shouting 'shut up, just shut up'.

Then are you suggesting someone strangled her with his or her bare hands? I'd think if that were the case, an autopsy would show it; and if it were the socks, fiber evidence would be attainable to prove that.

Well, perhaps, in either case. The Daily Mail has another article today about the body's having been left for (however long) a time in freezing conditions and snow:

Police say it had been there for ‘several days’ of extremely cold weather, leaving her remains effectively embedded in the snow.
---
When the body was found, the fire service were called in by police to activate a winch mechanism to lift it out for removal to a morgue.

It goes on to say that "weeks and weeks" may be needed for the autopsy to be completed. So maybe they don't yet know how or with what she was strangled.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...avoc-forensic-tests-murder-investigation.html

I still go back to the theory put forward by someone in the earlier thread of the possibility Joanna wasn't murdered until Gregg Reardon returned on the Sunday evening - hence why his alibi stands up from Friday - Sunday, everybody seems to asume she was killed on the Friday/Saturday for some reason. Dont forget the body wasnt found until the 25th, reports say she was missing for 8 days - but maybe it was only 5 ??

Well, let me just point out the difficulties with this theory, Destroyer.

1. Corpse wearing Friday's clothes.
2. Mobile phone records no outgoing calls or texts during weekend.
3. Murderer has to bank on no one having seen Joanna alive during the weekend - but he cannot possibly know that this is so, even in the unlikely event that it is.

Or are you suggesting that she was bound and gagged or drugged during Greg's absence ?

Hear, hear. Exactly. I was set to give much credence to the "nipped out for the mail and was abducted outside" thing, but then I remembered our friend the missing pizza (and box).

Could be cleared up I suppose if she'd left the door on the latch and the perpetrator(s) were lying in wait when she got back, though.

Or if she had popped to put a bag of rubbish in the bin, including the pizza box...and/or pizza depending on whether it was burnt or whether it was consumed.

Well, let me just point out the difficulties with this theory, Destroyer.

1. Corpse wearing Friday's clothes.
2. Mobile phone records no outgoing calls or texts during weekend.
3. Murderer has to bank on no one having seen Joanna alive during the weekend - but he cannot possibly know that this is so, even in the unlikely event that it is.

Or are you suggesting that she was bound and gagged or drugged during Greg's absence ?

The other problem is the snow. Jo's body was not just covered in snow but deeply coccooned in snow and ice and I know there was heavy snow fall the night of the 17th / 18th December.

Was there anymore snow?

Le vice anglais has, historically, meant whips, chains, that sort of thing. Not kiddy *advertiser censored*.

(Cough-cough.) How'd we get on this topic?

Don't forget the British stiff upper lip... :crazy:

Here are the daily highs and lows in Bristol during the relevant period, if anyone needs them again:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased UK - Architect: Jo Yeates, 27, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 - #1

It snowed about 2" in Bristol on 18 December, the day after Jo was last seen; on 20 December it snowed another 2", I think, more or less in each case depending on region of the area.

So as Jo was found in very thick snow, it's more likely she was there on the 17th / 18th and was covered in 4 inches of snow.

That would fit in with her not sending any texts or making phonecalls.

So as Jo was found in very thick snow, it's more likely she was there on the 17th / 18th and was covered in 4 inches of snow.

That would fit in with her not sending any texts or making phonecalls.

Yes, what with drifting snow, four inches would do it I think; I do remember reading one forecast for the 20th that called for 10 cm, about four inches, so perhaps Longwood Lane got more than the two officially recorded in Bristol proper that second day.

I don't doubt what the police say, and yet I do give credence to what others in the area have said, that they would have seen the body if it had been there for the week. Especially in the first couple days with only 2" on the ground.

Channel 4 notes a certain....

Sense of unease around Joanna Yeates murder scene

Clifton Village is a leafy suburb of Bristol, with beautiful Georgian properties and tree-lines streets. There are many boutique shops and trendy cafes. But today, the customers and shop owners I spoke to told me of their deep sense of unease.

The police have told locals that Jo Yeates' murder was extremely rare and that they have nothing specific to fear; but of course, they do.

I met one woman who told me she had had a chain installed on her front door and no longer opened the shutters of her garden flat. Another told me all of her friends were now too scared to walk home alone. Many of shops still have posters in their windows appealing for help in finding Ms Yeates, which they were asked to display when she was first reported missing. "It didn't seem right to take it down," one shopowner said.

more at
http://www.channel4.com/news/sense-of-unease-around-joanna-yeates-murder-scene

Can someone please direct me to the source that says she was found in Friday's clothes. I didn't know that this had been released.

Nausicaa, in response to my further post my pointn was that i find it hard to believe a murderer would have murdered her anywhere other than her flat due mainly to the fact that to go back and replace her items in her flat would pose more risk. Why would you go back to a victims house having murdered them to put their things there, running the risk of being seen or further DNA evidence being found? If she had already been killed then the killer had already gotten away with most of it and would have dumped the belongings in the Quarry perhaps or thrown it into the river? Taking her things back at any point purely to fool the police would have been to great a risk.

I dont believe the pizza made it back to her house either, i think she either dropped it or lost it en route as the cider was found at hers.

Can someone please direct me to the source that says she was found in Friday's clothes. I didn't know that this had been released.

I noticed this bit of information jigzy, I did nt know this has been released, I can't say I have seen it anywhere?

I'm thinking it hasn't - at least I haven't found it, and I sorted through some Mail articles just now. First nothing, then "fully clothed," then "fully clothed but no coat" then "and no shoes and missing one sock."

Still looking though.

Hi All -

I was interested in this quote from a piece in The Sun which wfgodot referenced above (thanks!)

>>Alan Baker, managing director of forensic consultants Bericon, added: "It is hard to see what more there is in the flat to analyse. What we have is a two or three-week-old crime scene with everything pointing to a 'stranger' crime, which is always notoriously difficult to solve.

This idea that everything points towards a 'stranger' murder seems odd to me - at odds with a lot of the thoughts in this thread, notably that:
- it seems Jo had returned to the flat
- no sign of forced entry
- no sign she had left voluntarily, since no boots / coat
- if the crime took place in the flat (as seems likely) then only someone known to her would have a motive to move the body

here's the link to The Sun article: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3333428/Did-killer-strangle-Jo-Yeates-with-sock.html

I noticed this bit of information jigzy, I did nt know this has been released, I can't say I have seen it anywhere?

For clarity I'm not suggesting that it has been released, just wondering what the source is as I haven't heard the LE say that she was wearing Friday's clothes.
It was I who posted that JY living until Sunday was, imo, a possibility, but if she was definitely found in the clothes she wore for work on Friday then that make that idea unlikely.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members