GUILTY OR - Michael Piete, 43, & Kenneth Gilliland, 64, murdered, Grant County, 2 Oct 2013

Reader

Reaction score
http://www.centurylink.net/news/rea...p-e_ore_teen_held_in_deer_camp_killings_of-ap

GRANTS PASS, Ore. (AP) — A 14-year-old boy on a deer hunting trip shot and killed two others in the hunting party at a cabin in the Blue Mountains of northeastern Oregon, then accidentally shot and wounded himself, authorities said Thursday.......

The teenager fled after shooting the men but then apparently accidentally shot himself in the leg and returned to the cabin for help, Grant County Sheriff Glenn Palmer said in a statement. Another member of the group held the boy at gunpoint, forced him to get on the floor, then taped him to a chair.......

Sheriff Palmer declined to answer questions about a possible motive or the relationship between the boy and the two men. He said it likely would be Friday morning before any names are released, after the victims' families have been notified.......

Welp, there goes my peace of mind about a safe camping trip this weekend...

Sheriff: Victim in Oregon camp killings was foster father of teenage suspect; 2 guns involved

One of the two men shot and killed in a deer-hunting camp in northeastern Oregon was the foster father of the 14-year-old boy identified as the shooter, authorities said Friday.

Grant County Sheriff Glenn Palmer also said two guns were involved — a hunting rifle and a revolver — and the shootings both occurred around midnight Wednesday, with one victim shot inside a cabin and the other one outside.

Michael Piete, 43, was the foster father of the suspect, whose name has not been released because of his age, authorities said. The other victim was Kenneth C. Gilliland, 64, Both men were from Baker City........more......

wow; I'm sure as a foster father; he might not have known this child very well. I wonder how long he has been in his care and who exactly he shot. How terrifying. I grew up around guns; I know my firearms and I of course, know how to handle weapons. As a child of 7 or 8 I was taught by ex military; and LE. So; I wonder why so many don't make sure their children are properly trained and or taught. We are so failing this generation of kids..

I think most of us can't help but wonder if the 14 yo had a reason for killing these 2 men....Hope LE gets to the bottom of this.

http://www.bluemountaineagle.com/fr...cle_119c7d6c-2d29-11e3-a748-0019bb2963f4.html

CANYON CITY – One of two men shot dead Wednesday night in Granite was the foster father of the 14-year-old suspect in the case, Grant County Sheriff Glenn Palmer confirmed today.
Palmer identified the two victims as Michael Piete, 43, the foster father, and Kenneth C. Gilliland, 64, both of Baker City.
Palmer said one of the men was in the cabin when he was shot, and the other apparently ran outside and was shot by the front steps of the cabin.
The cabin is owned by Bob Gilliland of Tidewater, Ore., who also was at the cabin when the shooting began.
Palmer said the owner fled, crawling on hands and knees at one point to find a vehicle with keys in it. He got to a truck and was able to drive off to Granite, about nine miles away, and call for help.

the first article was wrong...it said Grants Pass...Grants Pass is nowhere near Baker City..??

was he the only child there? I hope they release more information soon

the first article was wrong...it said Grants Pass...Grants Pass is nowhere near Baker City..??

I think Grants Pass is the location of the AP office that the reporter works out of, so it's meant to be the location of where the "reporting" is being done, not the location of the incident itself.

Hmmmmm.....waiting for more info, but I got some seriously crazy thoughts!

Looks like both victims lived at the same address which means they lived with the boy?

First, I forgot the link for #3:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/0...ngs-was-foster-father-teenage-suspect-2-guns/

Also from your link Sonya:

There was no immediate word on a motive or possible charges against the teen. Palmer said he filled out a probable cause affidavit, listing two counts each of homicide and unlawful use of a firearm. He said the boy was expected to recover from the gunshot wound.

This article shows there were 2 other men in the hunting party, and the investigation is ongoing:

The three were staying with two others at a cabin at a deer camp on private land off Forest Road 1305 about nine miles southwest of Granite, in Grant County. The cabin is owned by Bill Gilliland, of Tidewater on the Alsea River east of Waldport. He is Kenneth Gilliland’s brother.......

The Grant County major crime team, which includes the sheriff’s office, Oregon State Police, the district attorney and the juvenile department, are continuing to investigate to determine what led to the shooting.

http://www.bendbulletin.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20131005/NEWS0107/310050378/1001/NEWS01

from Reader's link to bendbulletin.com:
"The three were staying with two others at a cabin at a deer camp on private land off Forest Road... The cabin is owned by Bill Gilliland, of Tidewater .... He is Kenneth Gilliland’s brother." SBM

So about midnight, the 14 y/o shot his foster father (Michael P) and other man, Kenneth G, one inside cabin, the other outside.

From bluemountaineagle.com link:
"Palmer [LE] said the owner fled, crawling on hands and knees at one point to find a vehicle with keys in it. He got to a truck and was able to drive off to Granite, about nine miles away, and call for help."

And the fifth man, per bendbulletin.com link:
"... the boy left the cabin on foot and at some point accidentally shot himself in the right leg. He returned to the cabin for help and another man held the boy at gunpoint and ordered him to the floor.
"The man, who was not identified, Palmer said, got on top of the boy to restrain him and later duct-taped him to a chair until law enforcement arrived."

Had the 4th man already driven away for help, by the time the teen came back? So the fifth man tore duct tape off the roll (a two handed job), and held teen at gunpoint and taped him down at the same time?

By that time, had teen become weak, suffering loss of blood? In shock?

In ordinary circumstances, imo, it would be difficult for a man to duct tape a teen (perhaps a moving target, so to speak) to a chair.
Kudos to him for being able to do it.

JM:twocents: and I may be wrong.

This ones gonna be interesting for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Murder charge for teen in camp shootings

http://www.koin.com/news/oregon/teen-charged-with-murder-in-deer-camp-shootings

(AP) -- A 14-year-old boy faces two juvenile counts of aggravated murder in the shootings of his foster father and another man at a deer camp in northeastern Oregon.

The Grant County district attorney's office said Wednesday the boy was arraigned by video in Canyon City and is being held at a juvenile facility......more.....

In ordinary circumstances, imo, it would be difficult for a man to duct tape a teen (perhaps a moving target, so to speak) to a chair.
Kudos to him for being able to do it.

I thought the teen came back to the cabin for HELP. At that point he other man forced him to lay down the weapon and held the teen at gunpoint.

If you are holding a wounded killer at gunpoint it wouldn't be all that hard to duct tape them -- just toss them the roll of tape and tell them to get it started. You could make them duct tape their hands on their own if you wanted too, they don't have a lot of choice in the matter.

... At that point he other man forced him to lay down the weapon and held the teen at gunpoint.

If you are holding a wounded killer at gunpoint it wouldn't be all that hard to duct tape them -- just toss them the roll of tape and tell them to get it started. You could make them duct tape their hands on their own if you wanted too, they don't have a lot of choice in the matter.
S...BM

sonya,

W. the man being alone w. teen, I was thinking duct taping wd/be tricky.
But you're right. A gun wd/make it easier for him to force the teen to do some of the taping himself.

As Al Capone allegedly said:
You can go a long way with a smile, but you can go a lot further with a smile and a gun. :seeya:

If there was abuse I don't blame him and I expect to see it come out at trial IMO

ok i put the elephant in the room out there

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Lee
Back