Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean caught!!

Well, anyone who was reading the postings prior to "Off the Cuff" had already read the post by the person who saw the raid.

People write a lot of stuff down that cant be verified or proven true.

He had 4 inside sources that had alerted him about the raid.

imoo

You said there had to be air and cracks for the heat to char her body. If there were...the same would apply for the odor to escape.

Yes over a period of time there would be with the settling of the dirt as she decomposed and the dirt shifted but we have no idea if those tiny cracks or tiny crevices were during the charring of the body.

imo

I don't see how it not illegal to be in direct communication with a person on the run! Maybe this loophole in the law needs to be changed.

For a person charged with such a crime to be able to gather information on the home front in reference to LE, media, family members, logistics, etc. should not be allowed, imo. So what if she told him she could not send money online? Does this mean she did not arrange privately with others to do so? Is it right for her to be able to provide him with information on his status?

I am at a loss to see how this is legal and why it is legal.

I am amazed and disgusted. It reminds me so much of the Couey trashy family that didn't break the law either when they hid Couey out when they knew he was an absconded sex offender.

If that is honorable then Hudson needs to look up the definition because he is off by a mile. How dishonorable and she had been talking to him since around the first of February.

Hudson may bless her as honorable but I have a feeling the MC is going to look at it much differently. Imo she has violated the Military Code of Conduct and trustworthiness is paramount which is something she is sorely lacking.

imoo

I still think Cesar may have actually burned Maria's body twice after he killed her. The neighbor stated that he borrowed a shovel from him on the 15th or 16th of December...and he also stated he noticed him burning in the backyard during that time frame...so if he had buried her deep enough in the ground, I believe the odor wouldn't be obviously detectable as she would have had alot of dirt piled on top of her body. It's also very cold in December in North Carolina so that I believe would help in not allowing the odor to become stagnant and lingering around the area. Then when they had the bon fire on Christmas Eve...I don't think Maria's body had decomposed to the point where an odor would be very noticeable..the weather helped alot and also the dirt piled on top of her..those two factors helped in preserving her corpse...the bonfire however is when Maria's body actually began to char and burn to the point of affecting her organs, etc....and with the huge amount of charcoal he is said to have purchased, I believe an odor of a burned body could/would be disguised and not telling of a dead body burning. It's obvious that no-one nearby smelled a typical dead body burning odor or it would have been reported to police.

I can't remember where the idea he purchased a "huge amount of charcoal" came from? Was this from LE or did someone else throw this in? It was never mentioned being in or around the site where they found Maria. They mentioned nails etc. from what they assume to be part of the fence he burned. Charcoal doesn't burn all the way and the ash is different from wood so there would have been evidence of a "huge amount".

I don't see how it not illegal to be in direct communication with a person on the run! Maybe this loophole in the law needs to be changed.

For a person charged with such a crime to be able to gather information on the homefront in reference to LE, media, family members, logistics, etc. should not be allowed, imo. So what if she told him she could not send money online? Does this mean she did not arrange privately with others to do so? Is it right for her to be able to provide him with information on his status?

I am at a loss to see how this is legal and why it is legal.
I'd really like to know what else was in the emails between Cesar and his wife, and now that we have someone's cell phone being used as well as calls to someone at a Subway shop (all per the search warrants) it makes me think it could be all of her family helping him out. MOO :)

I still think Cesar may have actually burned Maria's body twice after he killed her. The neighbor stated that he borrowed a shovel from him on the 15th or 16th of December...and he also stated he noticed him burning in the backyard during that time frame...so if he had buried her deep enough in the ground, I believe the odor wouldn't be obviously detectable as she would have had alot of dirt piled on top of her body. It's also very cold in December in North Carolina so that I believe would help in not allowing the odor to become stagnant and lingering around the area. Then when they had the bon fire on Christmas Eve...I don't think Maria's body had decomposed to the point where an odor would be very noticeable..the weather helped alot and also the dirt piled on top of her..those two factors helped in preserving her corpse...the bonfire however is when Maria's body actually began to char and burn to the point of affecting her organs, etc....and with the huge amount of charcoal he is said to have purchased, I believe an odor of a burned body could/would be disguised and not telling of a dead body burning. It's obvious that no-one nearby smelled a typical dead body burning odor or it would have been reported to police.

I never heard that mentioned except on message boards. It may have come because they did say her body was "charred" so some may have interpreted it that he used "char"coal.

LE have not even released that the forensic lab has determined he used any acclerants. The fencing was in such dried out poor shape it would have lit very easily.

From what I have read these were bonfires and I don't know anyone that uses charcoal to just burn a stack of wood on top of the ground in the pit.

imoo

It's also very cold in December in North Carolina so that I believe would help in not allowing the odor to become stagnant and lingering around the area
It was repoted to have been a mild winter, not warm, but not cold-cold.
and with the huge amount of charcoal he is said to have purchased
Any links to where you may have read where it said he had purchased huge amount of charcoal?

I don't have a link about the charcoal...I just recall reading it. I need to take time and re read all the reports and evidence again. I have been trying to do that but I have been busy lately with work and just got off of a week of jury duty. I had this case good in my head at one time but alot of time ahs gone by and I have not refreshed myself. Forgive me for that. I am just trying to figure out some things that are mysterious to me.

I don't have a link about the charcoal...I just recall reading it. I need to take time and re read all the reports and evidence again. I have been trying to do that but I have been busy lately with work and just got off of a week of jury duty. I had this case good in my head at one time but alot of time ahs gone by and I have not refreshed myself. Forgive me for that. I am just trying to figure out some things that are mysterious to me.

I certainly understand Snow even though I am retired and keep up with this case closely the misinformation that has been out there about this case is overwhelming. It is to be expected somewhat but I have found the media to be very negligent in what they report and of course commentators like Nancy Grace put out misinformation on all cases and never retracts leaving her viewers misinformed.

I remember when it came out after he had been indicted and they were reporting that he had threatened Maria before death to obtain her credit card. That information was false and Captain Sutherland, himself , explained that Laurean had not threatened Maria to gain her card. Only Jacksonville Daily News ran a redaction immediately to correct the error. No other media outlet did.... they left the erroneous information hanging out there.

imoo

Misinformation happens even on AMW where I would least expect it...but we have seen it many times. It does confuse things.

This case has touched me deeply. I have a 19 year old daugher and a 21 year old son.. almost the same age as Maria and Cesar. I just can't imagine what both sets of parents are going through. It is so so sad. I will be waiting to hear all the facts when this case unfolds in front of a jury.

I certainly understand Snow even though I am retired and keep up with this case closely the misinformation that has been out there about this case is overwhelming. It is to be expected somewhat but I have found the media to be very negligent in what they report and of course commentators like Nancy Grace put out misinformation on all cases and never retracts leaving her viewers misinformed.

I remember when it came out after he had been indicted and they were reporting that he had threatened Maria before death to obtain her credit card. That information was false and Captain Sutherland, himself , explained that Laurean had not threatened Maria to gain her card. Only Jacksonville Daily News ran a redaction immediately to correct the error. No other media outlet did.... they left the erroneous information hanging out there.

imoo
And speaking of misinformation, Nancy had him barbequeing food (about 3 times, IIRC) on top of Maria's body, which I haven't heard anything from LE to confirm. It was just put out there for sensationalism, imo, and to make him more of a "monster".

Well, the neighbors did say he was "burning" a couple of times before the party (IIRC)...so that isn't entirely all hype.

And speaking of misinformation, Nancy had him barbecuing food (about 3 times, IIRC) on top of Maria's body, which I haven't heard anything from LE to confirm. It was just put out there for sensationalism, imo, and to make him more of a "monster".

Good Morning panthera.

Oh yes and look how quickly that tale took wings and now some really believe it to be the truth rather than realizing Nancy does this overly dramatic stuff all the time. LE has never mentioned that he had a grill across the pit so he could BBQ and if he did then the heat would have been even higher above her buried body than the burning wood placed on top of the ground in the fire pit area.

It reminds me of Laci Peterson's case how it came out that LE had supposedly found blood and vomit on her mop and we all thought it was true. It was all a big lie put out by the media who always gyrates toward the gory and titillating tidbits that boost their rating when in all actuality the case is heartbreaking enough that it doesn't need to be sensationalized.

imoo

I don't care if the media gets most of it wrong...as long as they are still discussing it. Nothing is worse than silence on any case.

I don't care if the media gets most of it wrong...as long as they are still discussing it. Nothing is worse than silence on any case.

This may be the only time I am partially disagreeing with you SS, if the media gets it wrong, and it impedes an investigation or paints an innocent person unfairly, it cannot be undone. I think the balance lies with strong investigative journalism, smelling it when it is bad, and remembering their are families of those folks that read.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back