2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh papa - you are the best.

The hawk caught me yesterday as well. I have very personal reasons for believing in the birds and their significance.

My question is now - how long has that hawk been making his appearances on that ledge of that COURTROOM? You can be HHJP knows - that is his courtroom.

With that - I would love to hear from HHJP about other appearances the hawk has made and the "timing" of those appearances. During other key moments of other big trials?

Lord, I would love to sit down and have dinner with HHJP.

Oh and thankx papa - I didn't need to be snottin' and cryin' already today. I gots things to do!

I mentioned I thought the Hawk was a sign ,as soon as HH pointed him out.
And ,what a great idea about dinner!
You know that age old question,who are the 4 people you would like to have dinner with?
Well HHJP ,LDB and JA are on my new list. SOTS would have to be the 4th cuz

A. she would never let me have dinner with JA without her ,and

B.She's smart and funny.I'd just sit back and listen!

I just got an email from someone saying fox is reporting that maybe DT has filed a motion asking to recuse the judge....in which case trial has to stop til motion is heard....any thoughts?

WOW none of us even speculated that direction

I may need to take a moment out and go look up chlorophyll or chloroform, my 2-yorkies have been sleeping way too much this morning. LOL

My shih tzu is behaving similarly today as well! Hmmm.. ;)

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but IMO it is possible that ICA may have tested the chloroform on CA's dogs. Even if CA suspected and did similar searches (although I still feel that she was at work the whole time and lied on the stand), IMO, ICA would have done the specific searches for "How to make choloform". IMO, If ICA had been testing the choloform on the dogs, then the duct tape would have been put on Caylee 'just to make sure' she succeeded in quieting her/killing her.

I just got an email from someone saying fox is reporting that maybe DT has filed a motion asking to recuse the judge....in which case trial has to stop til motion is heard....any thoughts?

I wondered this myself. . .upthread I mentioned GR's comments. It would explain CM wanting to have it heard, and JB pulling on his arm possibly thinking it is a bad idea due to his close association with GR.

Not being mean or anything but what is recuse? Is that excuse or rescue?

judgealexferrer‎

Twitter - 6 minutes ago

"Wondering if court ended in #caseyanthony case today because of a motion to recuse (disqualify the judge)."

Oh For crying out loud. How many judges do they think they can get excluded. This probably has to do with Baez's good friend Geraldo stating that he spoke to the judge. YUP didn't some speculate it was going to cause a problem?

A change of strategy for one of my guesses, something they have been trying to do but the judge has not let them. They would not want the SA to know it. Many times the Judge has referred them back to their opening stmt.

The judge could not have ANY such conversation with the DT without the SA (edited for my oops) present. The fact that the DT and the defendant met with the judge without any prosecutors tells a lot about what it isn;t. It does not involve witnesses. It does not involve trial procedure or trial strategy or directly mistrial or dismissal.

So anything discussed there has to be somewhat specific. Things that the SA might otherwise be precluded from participating in and only need to be kept informed of. Issues of health, representation, private finances (does not apply as she is indigent and publicly funded) or the jail. Things that the SA has no argument in. The fact that it is sealed says it is probably one of the first two. The fact that they all did not seem to come in expecting it today probably means that it is the second.

Just my speculation, but a reasoned speculation based on what little we know.

The little dots look like marker flags.

I agree! It appears to be the site where her remains were found. I recall those dots as the flag markers where evidence was.

I missed this. When was this, what did he say? Did LA say this when he was on the stand with JB?
He talked about it in cross yesterday. He said he had reached out to Baez and gone to his office to tell him something he heard while sitting in court.

Whatever is going on the state apparently agreed that that calling off court today was the only remedy. I doubt the judge and state would have agreed to cancel court if this was just sort of illness, ploy by defense, etc...

Yet if it is a "legal matter" what is being done to remedy it right now? If SA went off to take depositions (indicating that the case will continue perhaps) and the DT wandered back to CM's...is it something the judge needs 2 days to research? And what could THAT be?

I hate to keep saying this,but until a plea is completely agreed upon,I believe the SA's would continue as if the case is going forward.That would include continuing with the depo ,since court is out for today and the witness is here.
Imagine if they set everything aside ,only to find out Monday that a plea is off the table? They have to be ready for anything. JMO

I think the SA would have had to have been behind the doors if the judge thing was the issue.

Haven't followed that closely and have a question....was LA ever tested for DNA and if so were those results made public? I watched him on the stand and have to wonder why he was so emotional and upset over not being told about the pregnancy or Casey going into labor. Why would the family shut him out? Is it because he has had sex with Casey and maybe it was possible he was the father of little Caylee and they knew it?

He's not Caylee's father, they did tests after so much speculation.

LA and ICA were brother and sister, and seemed to be very close. Maybe he got emotional on stand remembering that time because as her brother he felt betrayed or hurt that she didn't share something so important with him? I don't know why that automatically means they had sex...actually, I'd think that if he had sexually abused his sister that their relationship as they got older would be very strained and not very close. JMO

Okay so Geraldo went and tried to get JB a mistrial? Pretty sure they're not going to pull the judge off the case.

Even IF this was about trying to get rid of the judge...how could the judge say court will resume Monday at 8:30AM? Wouldn't there have to be a delay until hearing is scheduled, etc...

Haven't followed that closely and have a question....was LA ever tested for DNA and if so were those results made public? I watched him on the stand and have to wonder why he was so emotional and upset over not being told about the pregnancy or Casey going into labor. Why would the family shut him out? Is it because he has had sex with Casey and maybe it was possible he was the father of little Caylee and they knew it?

Welcome!!

As far as I know, Lee has been tested and the results were negative. IMO, they do seem to have a strange relationship though.

OR the opposite- she is demanding to testify, which would seem more likely since the DT probably do not want her to testify. The only way this could make a stink is if she wanted to testify that they did not really molest her and JB refuses to let her say that and she is claiming that JB made her lie about that, BUT there is testimony from other people that she has said the thing about LA before, so who knows...

Good point, ColoradoTeacher. It makes sense that the DT game must change if LA refused to testify that he or GA molested ICA. This would be the point where JB might try to influence ICA to testify, having no other way to substantiate opening statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford