Josh Powell's House in WA blows up - Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
How hateful to also take what Susan loved more than life. To completely erase her. To save his secrets?? To stab her parents in their hearts for the last time? Despicable. Beyond evil. This is one I will never get over. Ever.

I personally think he wanted the grandparents to live so they could suffer.

I agree with you but do not understand why the supervised visits were not held in a place of neutrality (ie.. restaurant, park, chuck e cheese, etc..) I do believe there was a failure in the system that this was not reinforced and I do hope that something positive comes out of this vile act in the sense that in the future, when a parent loses custody of their child(ren) that standard of supervised visits in a public place will be reinforced.

MOO

Supervised visits are always held in the Least Restrictive environments based upon the information known to CPS. There are quite a few reasons to have supervised visits in the family home . . .
relieves family anxiety, allows the children to return to their home and play in their rooms and with their toys, in my experience . . . small children stuck sitting in a bench seat at a McD's (for 3 hours twice a week) is a recipe for disaster for both parent and children. It is NO fun, doesn't help the children and parents to reconnect and learn better relationship and parenting skills when they are miserable being forced to sit still for hours on end.

A park setting is usually much better than a place to eat for supervised visits, but weather dependent makes it difficult.

Generally, children are allowed to visit their parents in their home unless there are compelling circumstances that they are in danger (ie: health hazards in the home, guns/glass/exposed wiring in the home, parent threatens violence or suicide, parents are homeless, etc).

If a parent is violent or acts out or has a history of violence, visits usually take place at the CPS office with LE standing by and a student intern sitting outside of the room documenting what happens during the visits.

To my knowledge, JP was not charged with violence or violent acts towards anyone.

And to be fair. . . . I think we were all shocked at JP's behaviors and evil acts. No one could have predicted this given the facts that we had in this case.

In one of the many links I read today, I saw where the current court order for a "psycho-sexual evall" prior to the return of the children to his care was recommended by a psychologist previously. Does anyone know if JP underwent a previous psych eval? I totally agree with this given the *advertiser censored* found in the home, the Grandfather in that home and questionable pictures of Susan (unaware), etc.

I find it interesting that JP had complied with all of the CPS and court requirements up to this point but once the psycho-sexual eval was ordered - he blew up the children and himself. What was his greatest fear? Being found out about his involvement with his wife's disappearance (murder?) from his children disclosing (new?) info(althought I am not sure any of this was new info to the involved parties) or some other sinister psycho-sexual issue that was too painful to be exposed?

Part of the exam was a Lie Detector Test. Probably no limit on the questions they could ask him.

I think his killing of the boys and himself was more from anger and hate. He was so filled with it this was his only relief from it. I would not be surprised to hear he shot the boys or killed them somehow before he set off the bomb.

Hmm, just listening to this video. A lot was piling up against JP. I still think he knew he would do this when he got cornered, I also believe he was just selfish and did not want Susan nor the children with anyone else. Don't love them, but can't let anyone else have them mentality. Amongst other things. At about 3:16 in the video it is said the police were planning to arrest JP this summer. His lawyer would have known this and told him about it.

http://www.king5.com/video/featured...NG-5-News-Sunday-11pm-coverage-138776594.html

I completely agree Doc... (about the ldt)... that and the psychosexual test were things he would never do imhoo (combined with boys getting older and talking about that night and them not being under his 'control')

I'm afraid that I don't think there's a court on the planet that could have protected these children from their father. Either he needed them dead because they were going to implicate him in their mothers disappearance, or he knew he was going to lose custody permanently after the psycho-sexual testing and had no intention of allowing that. Anyone prepared to self-immolate is about as cold and determined as they come.

If it hadn't happened during the supervised visit, it would have happened somewhere else. He would have torched the grandparents house, or crashed into their car or God alone knows what else. If he'd acted in a public place, the outcome could have been far worse than it was.

I understand everyone's frustration with the system, but I genuinely think that the outcome would have been the same regardless of his custody status.

According to the article below, Mr and Mrs Cox don't blame the state for the way the custody issues were handled. Her parents seem like amazing people. I have so much respect for their dignity. More than I can say, in fact.

All my opinion only, of course.

http://mynorthwest.com/11/622980/Powell-boys-just-starting-to-recall-night-mom-vanished

I know this sounds just horrible, but I pray those precious boys died instantly, and didn't suffer in the fire...as for JP, ehhh.
I just can't get out of my head what an attorney said on CNN yesterday..."Josh hated the Cox's more than he loved his children".....now, where have we heard THAT before???

Casey Anthony's grandmother..."Casey hated Cindy more than she loved her child"....nuff said!

This was a rumor almost from the very beginning. It started in the comments under an article....by a person who said they knew an investigator on Susan's case and he stated it was a remark one of the children had made during their being questioned. Never mentioned by LE, or an attorney before, IIRC. LE did state that it was questionable "interview" with the children, because it would be hard for the children to distinquish if the memory they were expressing was current or from another trip the family had made in the past.

Around 3:12 into the video, Denise speaks about this rumor as if it fact:

http://www.cnn.com/video/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_freevideo+%28RSS%3A+Video%29#/video/crime/2012/02/06/exp-ng-powell-sister-intvw.hln

In my heart right now, I am also blaming Steve Powell,
his evil doings helped Josh live with evil,
SP protected JP and himself.
SP is jailed for life I pray, he raised and put ideas into Josh's brain.
The 2 were EVIL and look at what has happened.
All the innocent people parished or worse yet are suffering now
and forever like the Cox family.
I think SP/JP were in everything together. JMOO

The Cox family has more dignity, love, respect than JP/SP would ever of known.
The complete opposite of families.

Most of you were blessed with children and even grandchildren. I wasn't. I wanted children so much and yet never had a child.

It just breaks my heart to hear of people who WERE blessed with children and then killed them.

What a selfish act that can't be forgiven.

Oh basmat, you're not out of line. As a parent I thank the good lord every single day with the son he blessed me with. I lost a child (and almost myself) to a tubal pregnancy and the loss still hurts some 12 years later.

I just can't imagine what kind of person would do such a horrible evil act on both of their children. And quite honestly, I truly hope to never understand. I will let the devil deal with people like Josh.

And you're right - such acts can never ever be forgiven.

Hugs,

Mel

RodArquette Rod Arquette
Just got word that Chuck Cox, Susan's father will join me on the show @405 this afternoon. #fb

https://twitter.com/#!/RodArquette

Rod Arquette
@RodArquette Salt Lake City
Listen to the Rod Arquette Show, weekdays 4pm-7pm on 105.7 KNRS. It's three hours of news, opinion & conversation about what really matters to Utah.
http://www.knrs.com/pages/rod.html

4:05 would be mountain time............5:05 Central Time.........6:05 Eastern and 3:05 west coast. Here http://www.knrs.com/main.html

Bless his heart, the man is a pillar of strength to be able to go on national television after all the losses he has endured. I just pray that Chuck Cox will advocate for change within the family court system, especially CPS and supervised visitation where the parent involved is a suspect in a missing persons or murder case.

Something good has to come out of this...those babies just can't have died in vain. I hope one day there will be a law in place to prevent suspects from visiting with their children anywhere but at a CPS office.

I'm interested in finding out what that picture they talked about at the hearing was.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...san-Powell-family-138778774.html?abc=mTUMvetf

GRAHAM, Wash. -- The children of missing woman Susan Cox Powell have said for years that "Mommy's in the mine," an attorney representing the Cox family said on Monday.

The Powell boys have been making the statement to their grandparents, Chuck and Judy Cox, for years, the attorney said.

On Sunday, another lawyer representing the Cox family told the AP the children had started talking to their grandparents about things they remembered from the night their mother vanished.

"They were beginning to verbalize more," said attorney Steve Downing, whose clients had custody of the children. "The oldest boy talked about that they went camping and that Mommy was in the trunk. Mom and Dad got out of the car and Mom disappeared."

The news came after Josh Powell and his two boys were killed in a massive explosion at their home in Graham.

I know this sounds just horrible, but I pray those precious boys died instantly, and didn't suffer in the fire...as for JP, ehhh.
I just can't get out of my head what an attorney said on CNN yesterday..."Josh hated the Cox's more than he loved his children".....now, where have we heard THAT before???

Casey Anthony's grandmother..."Casey hated Cindy more than she loved her child"....nuff said!

It doesn't sound horrible at all to me. I hope the same thing.

This is without question one of the saddest stories I have ever read. It's just heart-breaking.

Looks like JP sent out a few emails but none have been very helpful about explaining his actions.

"Troyer said they're still working to collect all the emails. Looking at those gathered so far, Troyer does not believe any of the recipients were given enough time to prevent the events.

"It looks like they all went out at the same time, kind of at the last minute before he pulled that final act."

But Troyer said the emails definitely speak to this event being planned.

"It makes it pretty clear he had a plan and he did some things that were indicative of him not being around for another day or two."

http://mynorthwest.com/75/623100/Josh-Powell-sent-multiple-emails-before-explosion

I wish I could believe he will really pay. Maybe someday I will believe that, but right now I don't.

Right now, in this moment in time, I feel like the *advertiser censored* won this last battle.

Evil never wins. How pathetic his life was that, at the end, his daddy was sitting in jail on child *advertiser censored*, he knew he would be arrested and his last words were an email to a hired attorney. No love there, he got what he deserved.

Braden and Charlie paid for his evil, as well as Susan and the Coxes.

I believe that, when we pass, we are remembered in the hearts of those who love us; who loved josh?

ITA.

He would've found a way eventually. IMO there is no one to blame but Josh Powell.

I agree- If he had been denied visitation entirely, we would probably be reading about kidnapping as well as murder.

I pray you are right, but just lately, my faith is crumbling with each atrocity I read about.

You know, I have felt that way at times as well. Today on Dr. Phil is supposed to be a child who was locked in a lice infested closet and held for 6 years. He ate the wood from the door frame.

I have thought that I do not understand how God could allow something like that. But I always go back to my faith, wherein if you believe in God, there is GOOD in this world, but conversely there has to be evil too. That is how I explain away all of these horrible atrocities against innocent children. Pure EVIL. That is the only thing that makes sense for me. Otherwise, I would lose all faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member