TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder that as well. But if no other DNA was found on her, then would it be possible for someone to have murdered her without leaving their DNA anywhere on her? The case would be circumstantial at best, I guess, but better than no case at all, IMO.

In other words, if someone else did it, then where is *their* DNA, *their* evidence?
Was it ever released by LE if she was sexually assaulted? I have followed as faithfully as others, but I don't recall it being said. I'm guessing not.

I too thought this would have a quick resolution and add a plus on the positive side of TN LE. I was being pretty negative on them, and then the arrest in Dana Wilkes case revived it a bit.

Was it ever released by LE if she was sexually assaulted? I have followed as faithfully as others, but I don't recall it being said. I'm guessing not.

I too thought this would have a quick resolution and add a plus on the positive side of TN LE. I was being pretty negative on them, and then the arrest in Dana Wilkes case revived it a bit.

IIRC there was no mention of her being sexually attacked, and nothing about anything else about her autopsy report, etc.

Maybe they suspected the husband but found dna they cant identify?

That would be an interesting twist.
Image a case in which a gal goes out, has consensual sex with someone unknown, comes home to an enraged husband who kills her and hides her body...

when she found, LE believes the husband did it, but forensics finds the DNA of the unknown person on her - unless LE can find the unknown person, how can the husband ever be tried?

Just thinking about Karen today and the fact that justice for her seems to have been put on hold from proceeding forward.. its jmo that its due to Karen's "husband" and the extraordinary counsel that he has procured for himself.. I couldn't help but take myself down the path of memory lane and what I know in my heart is now standing in the way of Karen and her loved one's receiving the minimal amount of comfort and solace in atleast seeing justice served for her beautiful life taken from her and all those who love her..

Below are the faces of Steve Farese and Leslie Ballin.. Steve being the lead counsel for DS, is the one on Mary Winklers left with silver hair and glasses.
mary-winkler-11.jpg

Still praying for all of those who love Karen and the unbearable pain that they are left in this limbo of hell awaiting justice.

Just thinking about Karen today and the fact that justice for her seems to have been put on hold from proceeding forward.. its jmo that its due to Karen's "husband" and the extraordinary counsel that he has procured for himself.. I couldn't help but take myself down the path of memory lane and what I know in my heart is now standing in the way of Karen and her loved one's receiving the minimal amount of comfort and solace in atleast seeing justice served for her beautiful life taken from her and all those who love her..

Below are the faces of Steve Farese and Leslie Ballin.. Steve being the lead counsel for DS, is the one on Mary Winklers left with silver hair and glasses.
mary-winkler-11.jpg

Still praying for all of those who love Karen and the unbearable pain that they are left in this limbo of hell awaiting justice.

I'm glad you posted this. I wanted to say the exact same thing. Mr. Farese may seem like a slow talking, slow acting country lawyer but he is a very smart man and has been a great defence lawyer for a number of people here in the midsouth. I think once he came into the picture the DA side clammed up. That's just the way I saw it. And that's IMO.
Terry

Bumping for Karen.

Can't imagine if I were a family member. I don't believe I would be able to stop myself from bringing in some "rough justice" because I haven't seen anything from the country bumpkins to indicate this beautiful woman will ever see justice in a court of law.

Interesting to see this thread bumped today since last night I was watching a ID show "The Minister's Wife" in which his wife supposedly goes missing and her van is found within walking distance from where she lived... year or two later her body is found and he gets convicted of killing her....
The show got me thinking about cases in which a wife goes missing and their vehicle is found close to home - I'm trying to think of a case in which turns out the husband didn't do it. Anyone know of any?

Bumping for Karen.

Can't imagine if I were a family member. I don't believe I would be able to stop myself from bringing in some "rough justice" because I haven't seen anything from the country bumpkins to indicate this beautiful woman will ever see justice in a court of law.

Interesting to see this thread bumped today since last night I was watching a ID show "The Minister's Wife" in which his wife supposedly goes missing and her van is found within walking distance from where she lived... year or two later her body is found and he gets convicted of killing her....
The show got me thinking about cases in which a wife goes missing and their vehicle is found close to home - I'm trying to think of a case in which turns out the husband didn't do it. Anyone know of any?

omg! Karen has been on my mind today too (I didn't watch that show Steve)! Hopefully there will be some answers (and some justice) for her soon.

:please:

:bump:

Bumping for Karen, I cannot believe there has been no arrest yet. Praying for justice for this lovely lady and her children and the rest of her family.

I would like to know just how Karens husband is paying for his his lawyer. I know of this lawyer and many people have used him for some serious cases, he is NOT CHEAP! (he is very well known in the mid~south and is very good, good lawyers do not come cheap) So who is paying for his services?

I am so jaded at the lack of movement in this case. TBI needs to get it together.
Sorry for the rant, but its time we see some movement in this case and some justice.

I would like to know just how Karens husband is paying for his his lawyer. I know of this lawyer and many people have used him for some serious cases, he is NOT CHEAP! (he is very well known in the mid~south and is very good, good lawyers do not come cheap) So who is paying for his services?

I am so jaded at the lack of movement in this case. TBI needs to get it together.
Sorry for the rant, but its time we see some movement in this case and some justice.

Good point about legal costs!
What you mentioned reminds me of all times I see cases where a husband does in the wife wanting a divorce - in the end so much cheaper to simply give the divorce and pay alimony and/or child support. Says allot about the mentality of these killers.

Since there's been no movement in the case, why would he be billing her husband? Don't lawyers bill only billable hours? You don't pay for doing nothing, just being your lawyer, do you? ( can you tell I never needed a lawyer of my own? )

Since there's been no movement in the case, why would he be billing her husband? Don't lawyers bill only billable hours? You don't pay for doing nothing, just being your lawyer, do you? ( can you tell I never needed a lawyer of my own? )

There is a base rate for a retainer fee, then billable hours on top of that. Just to give you an idea, when I got divorced years ago my retainer was $5000 just to have my lawyer represent me, then billable hours for court time, discovery time, etc, etc. and that was a divorce case, not someone hired to represent me for a crime so the retainer could be much higher in this case. And knowing what I know about this lawyer, I'm sure his retainer is at least twice what I paid for my divorce case.

You're quite right. He would have given a retainer of $5,000, or some other amount, and that's that. Until there are charges, the lawyer isn't costing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member