GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #33 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to the "Go Advanced" button and when it opens click on Delete. A panel will drop down and you will see two more Delete buttons...one lets you leave a note why you deleted it and the other deletes the entire post as if it was never there. :)
Does anyone know how to do this in Tapatalk on an android? [emoji27]

Except that no one has yet found a case where there has been a conviction for AK without a body or witness.

----------

...it appears that it would be the first AK case to go to conviction without witness or body.

That's because no one is looking for such a case LOL. The distinction is meaningless in AK as to whether the still-missing person that has been abducted is dead, or only remains abducted, as either way the criminal abduction did occur.

As for the last part above, please provide a link to prove your statement that this would be the "first AK case to go to conviction without witness or body." I simply don't buy that as factual.

http://law.justia.com/cases/utah/supreme-court/2014/20080709.html Here is a case where a PI and the use of cadaver dogs led to the missing body of a teenager. A year after her disappearance and her body was buried and burned. Pieced of her clothing and bones were found. So horrific but also amazing what cadaver dogs can do.

Even if it has been almost 5 months I would like to see the cadaver dogs back at the SAl, EA's car and home, work and dumpsters in and around the pings from his phone and Christina's phons. IMO

I agree that I, too, would like to see cadaver dogs in the places mentioned in the quoted post above, but also at CM's home. (imo)

When a person "goes missing" isn't it customary to immediately search the missing person's home? If only to see the computers, search the area.. check emails to get a sense of what happened days before the disappearance and in hopes of getting a sense of the missing person's state of mind and her contacts. Per JMcE, HF was so sad and cooperative, surely a search of the home wouldn't have been a problem (before his arrest, and after shouldnt be an issue either should it?) And I thought it was kind of standard procedure to search a missing person's home. But apparently that didn't happen, or some excellent sleuth here would have the search warrant info or have news of a search. So if it didn't happen... WHY

A new Drive In is going to be built close by. I hope the five screens hide the mountain!

Just a point I'd like to make. I went to Ikea (only to please a friend) in Frisco a few weeks ago and I stayed on the service road (what I consider the old SH 121) all the way back to Lewisville and never got on Sam Rayburn Tollway at all. Do any cameras point to the service road? It took me less than ten minutes.

I agree that I, too, would like to see cadaver dogs in the places mentioned in the quoted post above, but also at CM's home. (imo)

When a person "goes missing" isn't it customary to immediately search the missing person's home? If only to see the computers, search the area.. check emails to get a sense of what happened days before the disappearance and in hopes of getting a sense of the missing person's state of mind and her contacts. Per JMcE, HF was so sad and cooperative, surely a search of the home wouldn't have been a problem (before his arrest, and after shouldnt be an issue either should it?) And I thought it was kind of standard procedure to search a missing person's home. But apparently that didn't happen, or some excellent sleuth here would have the search warrant info or have news of a search. So if it didn't happen... WHY

Perhaps all the evidence that PPD gathered points to the conclusion that she never made it home. Regardless of what HF told media and JM, apparently whatever he told PPD has checked out per Tilley in the Discovery ID episode interview he did. I wish we knew excatly what he told PPD and why they believe him. Do we know for sure the JM didn't hand over the computer to PPD? Maybe JMOM can shed some light.

IMO- I dont think PPD is giving us all they know. And what we do know, IMO, points to EA having her in the trunk and no indication that he drove her all the way back to FW.

You don't have to look. My guess is, most aren't. I've looked ever since they arrested him. As of yet, I've found no case where someone was convicted of AK without either a body or witness.

As to murder, again, there is a whole website that is up to 96 pages worth of murder convictions without bodies.

So, again, why wait? The murder charge, in my opinion, would do two things: (1) put real pressure on EA to talk if others were involved, and/or (2) have him and his attorney scrambling to a plea deal, if he were the only one involved because there is death penalty in Texas.

As of now, they are charging him with a crime which, has yet to have someone convicted without a witness or boy. And, he isn't even indicted yet. So, I ask again, where is the pressure on him?

If another party was involved, and it was a drug-related thing, he's living by "snitches get stitches" to protect himself and his family. His attorney has probably also already advised him of the rare, and perhaps novel, concept of an AK conviction without witnesses or body.

What was he doing anyway? Managing a Sprint store? Living with his parents? Okay, so what? He and his attorney probably figure he can wait out against an AK, again, because of the novelness and rareness of the charge.

Murder, I think would move the needle, and move it quickly.

In my opinion, the PD/prosecution might still believe there is a third party involved, and that's why they haven't made the murder charge. Which, again, in my opinion, is a mistake. The closer you get to watching your life be taken away, the more likely you are to talk, I think.

AK without witness or body being apparently unprecedented, I don't think the pressure on him is high enough. I say turn the pressure all the way up. There is plenty of case history to support the murder without a body charge, and none yet discovered of an AK without witness or body.

Go for the throat, I say, and end this thing that the families involved are having to live through.
One of the more high profile cases to charge AK without a body would be in Holly Bobo's case. Zach Adams was charged with both AK and Murder 1 prior to finding her remains:

Posted: Mar 11, 2014 5:44 AM CDT
(WMC-TV) - Zachary Adams entered a not guilty plea during his arraignment Tuesday afternoon. He is charged with aggravated kidnapping and first-degree murder in the disappearance of Holly Bobo.

http://www.waff.com/story/24938677/zachary-adams-heads-to-court-on-holly-bobo-murder-charges

Updated 2:43 PM ET, Tue September 9, 2014

Bobo's remains were found Sunday in Decatur County, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said Monday night.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/08/us/tennessee-holly-bobo-case/

Holly was found September 7, 20124. Adams was charged with AK and Murder months before her body was found and they would have proceeded to trial with no body.

I could spend the time looking up more cases (and find them), but I see no real reason. I have no doubt the charge as it stands against EA can be proven with the evidence they have gathered to date with more being processed. We won't know what PPD has until Discovery. To say they would risk blowing the case is preposterous. They evidently have enough to say she was murdered, but they do not want to charge him until they have given it time to find her body. It does not mean they do not have enough evidence to prove it either, but time is on their side. They simply want to make certain he is not going anywhere.

They could be looking at a third party in this, but I do not believe for a minute EA's attorney would let him plead guilty or "talk". EA would have to incriminate himself of AK in order to bring in a 3rd party because LE has him over a barrel with her DNA in his trunk when he said she was never in his car, imo. We will see what happens when a Grand Jury is empaneled as to others being indicted along with EA. But I recommend you do not hold your breath waiting on EA to "talk".

By the way, we are not disagreeing on whether not we believe EA did something. We all seem to believe he did. My opinion is different in that I think they conclude the thing more quickly if they go for what they really believe happened.

They already have a detective who testified at the probable cause hearing that she believes EA murdered CM. So, again, what are we waiting for? Put the heat on EA by charging him with murder in a state where the death penalty exists.

I don't think he feels heat with AK. If he did, he'd have already said something. He and his counsel, in my opinion, do not fear the AK charge. I think they'd greatly fear murder with a death penalty waiting at the end of the line.

Feel free to write a letter to the Collin County DA's office...I don't think anyone here will be upset if EA gets charged with murder.

It really doesn't work that way.

If the state is already in the middle of the trial and they have a defendant's neck in the noose, that's when you DON'T get a deal from the state. They'll just take it to jury, because you have nothing to bargain with.

Paul Johnson got his last client less than the DP by pleading guilty before it went to court.

I think EA's window of opportunity for a deal is much shorter than anyone here realizes. Once CM is found, it's over. The AK-gets-you-99 sword hanging over his head means the state really doesn't have much to gain by letting him work a plea, and may be a "free swing" at a death penalty with no downside possible.

He will have something to bargain with it, if Christina was never found. Her family may want to agree to a plea for life without parole and I think the state would at least consider it. There is no guarantee of a guilty verdict in a murder trial, much less a "no body" case.

Actually, I have seen case after case where there was no search or investigation done in the missing person's residence. It is not SOP. The problem as I understand it is probable cause to obtain a warrant. I believe until LE has proof of some kind there was foul play in the disappearance, they aren't free to dive into one's personal space in case they are missing voluntarily. If the case turns into a Kidnapping/Murder case, LE has to make sure they have not jeopardized any evidence, imo.

Realizing all of this does not stop me from stomping my feet and screaming about it though. :gaah: In Jennifer Kesse's case, it still makes me furious there was no investigation carried out inside her apartment before it was rendered useless to do because her family moved in to stay there immediately.

http://www.cityofallen.org/index.aspx?nid=1389

Info in link - Allen uses trash carts and recycle carts. (Holiday Schedule page)
When using bags, for excess trash, place them at least two feet from the trash carts.

http://www.cityofallen.org/DocumentCenter/Home/View/143

Trash is picked up weekly and must be inside of tightly tied bags inside the cart.
Recycle is picked up every other week.

Not sure if 100 lbs. would/could go unnoticed.
Anybody familiar with the trash collection system and how the rules are monitored?

Allen also has a DIY method of disposal available.

Here are the trash bins sitting outside my house right now. These are provided to ALL residential homes in Allen. The blue is for recycled items (every other week pickup) & the grey is for weekly garbage, all trash must be put into tied bags & the lid must be closed for the trash truck to empty it. The pickup is all done mechanically, a truck with arm clamps pick up each bin and empties it into the top of the trash truck for compression as he lowers the bins back down and continues on down the alley. In the blue bin, that is a size large pizza box in the bottom for reference of size. These bins are wide & deep enough to discard a 100lb woman in the bottom just put some trash bags on top of her without being noticed...easily IMO.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

He will have something to bargain with it, if Christina was never found. Her family may want to agree to a plea for life without parole and I think the state would at least consider it. There is no guarantee of a guilty verdict in a murder trial, much less a "no body" case.

They'll nail him on the AK first - much easier to prove, and already close to a slam dunk from the evidence we have seen - and then he'll already be in prison for life. Time is not on his side, as LE meanders down the road to an AK conviction, because once the state has convicted him on AK and he has 99 years, they've punished him all they can except execute him.

At that point, he has to hope CM is not found, or he has nothing to offer to take DP off the table if they try him for murder. Time is not on his side here either, as every day that passes is another opportunity for her to be found, by someone, somewhere.

Because of that, imo waiting to try to work a deal is his worst strategy, not his best.

Here are the trash bins sitting outside my house right now. These are provided to ALL residential homes in Allen. The blue is for recycled items (every other week pickup) & the grey is for weekly garbage, all trash must be put into tied bags & the lid must be closed for the trash truck to empty it. The pickup is all done mechanically, a truck with arm clamps pick up each bin and empties it into the top of the trash truck for compression as he lowers the bins back down and continues on down the alley. In the blue bin, that is a size large pizza box in the bottom for reference of size. These bins are wide & deep enough to discard a 100lb woman in the bottom just put some trash bags on top of her without being noticed...easily IMO.
View attachment 67926View attachment 67927View attachment 67929

But the smell...would be a problem IMO, especially in a residential area where lots of people are disposing of their own trash behind their houses too all in a relative close proximity. An odor that strong would be noticeable so idk. Unless you submerge them inside a bin full of Odo-Ban.

They all also have murder charges, not solely AK charges. Many don't have any kidnapping charges of any kind at all. That's the point. The ones that do have some sort of kidnapping involved also have murder charges involved.

So, what is the prosectution/PPD waiting for here? The only thing I can thnk of is a third party. Even then, I think they squeeze that out of EA and his attorney by going murder instead of AK.

BBM

Isn't LE waiting for the results from the other DNA found in the trunk and EA's DNA to come back? Don't you think they want to compare those two to see if there is a match?

BBM

Isn't LE waiting for the results from the other DNA found in the trunk and EA's DNA to come back? Don't you think they want to compare those two to see if there is a match?

Good points, and an even more important point is that there is no benefit to walk away from an AK charge that's a slam dunk already and that will keep him locked up until the year 2114 or so. The AK elements are much easier to prove than murder, especially with the evidence they have. Take the easy trial, lock him up forever, and then wait until her body is found. Time is on the side of LE here, as once she is found, he will fry if she's dead. No hurry.

BBM

They have to see who it matches!

So as I was driving to pick up Whataburger for lunch (delicious) I had a thought...does anyone know WHICH Whataburger EA went to that night? There is not one SUPER close to the Shops...but there are 4 that are probably equidistant away. (picture below- Red X is approximately the Shops)

What I am wondering is if JMOM or someone knows which one they went to...maybe EA saw a spot that was hidden on that drive that might have been triggered in a moment of panic...or if he was plotting away, maybe he saw a place he could take her to SA her? The conversation for months has been that he likely put her some place he "knew" but maybe he saw something that night, on that drive, while drunk/high, and took her there?

I dunno, was just a thought as I was driving and realized I don't think we know WHICH Whataburger they went to.

Whataburger.PNG

View attachment 67926View attachment 67927View attachment 67929

But the smell...would be a problem IMO, especially in a residential area where lots of people are disposing of their own trash behind their houses too all in a relative close proximity. An odor that strong would be noticeable so idk. Unless you submerge them inside a bin full of Odo-Ban.

We have similar trash carts and mechanical pick-up where I live. Everyone usually rolls their carts out the night before (pick-up is in the morning). It would definitely be possible to roll a cart out the morning of pick-up, with something horrible inside, and have no one smell it before it's mechanically dumped. It would just depend on the habits of the neighbors. Like you said, depending on how close the carts are to the neighbors', etc., he would have run a huge gamble on hoping no one would notice anything. In my cul-de-sac, no one is ever out there on foot in the mornings...just people in their cars, driving to work. But I do think that would be an extremely risky thing to do -- I think it would make more sense for him to find a dumpster somewhere, so that if someone DID smell it or a garbage truck driver noticed something amiss, it wouldn't be in his very own trash can. But that's only my opinion...although I do think it is a possibility, I don't think it's likely that he used his own trash cart.

I've been wondering if he went to a dumpster back near the shops (I know other people have talked about that, too) thinking that if she was found quickly, he could pretend that she was fine when he left her, and that someone else must have happened along and attacked her. All MOO.

They'll nail him on the AK first - much easier to prove, and already close to a slam dunk from the evidence we have seen - and then he'll already be in prison for life. Time is not on his side, as LE meanders down the road to an AK conviction, because once the state has convicted him on AK and he has 99 years, they've punished him all they can except execute him.

At that point, he has to hope CM is not found, or he has nothing to offer to take DP off the table if they try him for murder. Time is not on his side here either, as every day that passes is another opportunity for her to be found, by someone, somewhere.

Because of that, imo waiting to try to work a deal is his worst strategy, not his best.

If he is tried and convicted for AK, you can pretty much take the DP out of the equation. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus