How To Jazz Up Your Profile Page

colomom

Inactive
Reaction score
Jazz Up Your Profile Page

By colomom

First step is to find a background you like. Google "backgrounds" and you will find many, many pages. When you find one, right mouse click on it and chose "save as" and then chose "desktop". You should then see the background as a file on your desktop. Then you need to create an album on your profile page. If you click on your username and get to your profile page, then click on Quick Links (top of page) and then go to Pictures and Albums and then click on Add Album. Name your album "Backgrounds" and same for "Description" then click the button for "Profile". Now you need to upload your background image (from your desktop) to your newly created album. You will see Click here to upload pictures, click that and then click choose file. Make sure you are now showing a list of files on your "desktop" (you may have to click on desktop) and you should see the background file you saved earlier. Click on it from the list, click "choose" then click upload pictures, click save changes and viola!! You will see your background picture in your album, then you would click on it and then copy the url (http://~whatever~) that comes up.

Then go back to the front page of your profile and just under your username, and over to the right, you will see: Customize Profile

Click on that and you will see lots of boxes to fill in. You will see, in the very top box, a space titled: Background Image

Clear out anything you might have in Background Color. Copy the url (above) into the Background Image box and then click save. You will see many more boxes below and I copied that same url in all of them except the last one. That way the background stays the same all over your page. You can experiment if you want and choose different backgrounds for different areas, if you'd like. You should also make sure your Text Color is one that you can see really well against your chosen background. I used red in all of my boxes, even the last one. You can choose all the same, or different colors for Shaded Text Color and Hyperlink Color (those choices are in the very top box). Experiment until you like what you see. Just click save every time you add something or change something and then click preview to see how it looks.

You can change fonts, sizes of fonts and different border styles and sizes. You could play around for hours and hours. Don't do anything with background color (leave it blank) since you want to use a picture for your background. It is one or the other.

Of course, you don't have to use a background image, you can always play around with color alone. To do that just leave the background image url space blank and just change colors instead. Here is a fine example of a cool profile page using colors (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/member.php?u=433).

Feel free to ask me any questions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good Luck and Have Fun!!!

Yay, you did a tutorial!! :woohoo:

I meant to thank you for helping me figure this out. I haven't changed mine though because I like the colors for now. Maybe I'll play with it tonight.

Thanks, colomom, you are a sweetie! :blowkiss:

Hey Colomom - can you tell me just how to find mine? I received an email on my profile page and it was the first time I had seen it, now I can't find it again :) I know, I know, silly me.......

Salem

Hey Colomom - can you tell me just how to find mine? I received an email on my profile page and it was the first time I had seen it, now I can't find it again :) I know, I know, silly me.......

Salem

heeheehee...OK I'll shut up now.

Just click on your username at the top of any of your posts and choose view public profile....there you are.

Yay, you did a tutorial!! :woohoo:

I meant to thank you for helping me figure this out. I haven't changed mine though because I like the colors for now. Maybe I'll play with it tonight.

Thanks, colomom, you are a sweetie! :blowkiss:

Anytime for you guys!!
:blowkiss:

You are so SMART! I found me :)

I'm laughing out loud and my husband is looking at me weirdly :)

Salem

THANKS!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff