2011.05.16 Jury Selection Thread DAY SEVEN (Afternoon Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CJBP saying July 4th cruise won't be a problem. He has something planned for all the folks.

Hmmmmm........sounds like HHMP is an "event planner" when he's not being a judge.......a multi-tasker! :)

Yes sir, no sir, yes sir, no sir....

Baa Baa Juror Sheep, have you any verdicts? Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full...

I'm punchy today, what can I say?

He just admitted to a lie to his friends. A lie is a Lie!!!!!!!!!!

Where did I miss this?

PJ told George his friends asked him if he was sitting in on this "big case" and he said he respond with; "uhhhh, no." to them then when pressed further; "I just said I went in for jury duty."

NO he didn't say that. He said don't worry about your birthday cruise, I have a cruise planned for everyone on the jury.

I thought he said he had things planned for July, as does everyone else there...

My father in law just had a heart attack and is in the hospital. In the event that I need to leave (they live pretty far away, so I haven't made travel plans yet..) can someone please continue these juror recaps for me?

I swear the Judge said he had something planned just like a lot of these folks. Meaning......he has plans as do other potential jurors.

He is NOT taking the jurors on a cruise.

I think HHJP is planning a cruise for HIMSELF not the jurors JMHO:waitasec:
I thought so too. I don't think too many people in Florida would take kindly to HHJP ponying up more money to cruise the jury after the trial. No other jurors get that.
Hasn't ICA cost us enough?

My father in law just had a heart attack and is in the hospital. In the event that I need to leave (they live pretty far away, so I haven't made travel plans yet..) can someone please continue these juror recaps for me?
I'll take over - just let me know when you leave

Oh my when will this trial start???
Will they work this evening???
How long do jurors get to put their lives ready for this trial?
(pack up and say good bye, give notice at work?)

Is anyone watching on CNN?

Done by July 4th? How long was the Scott Peterson trial?!?! 6 months or something?

Chris Coleman trial just a few weeks - and he killed 3 people - 2 children.

It can be done.

I'm calling bunkum on this, he has seen more of this on tv than he is admitting to. May not mean anything except he wants to be on the jury, but he is playing the 3 wise monkeys all rolled into 1....

So sorry! All the best to him and your family. Thank you for the work you've done so far!

I'll take over - just let me know when you leave

You're awesome, thank you so much. My mother in law said "it was a minor one" and so I'm not going to book any travel plans until I hear more information..I may not go, but just in case, I REALLY appreciate you offering!

Done by July 4th? How long was the Scott Peterson trial?!?! 6 months or something?

Fortunately, Florida is not like California. IIRC, they have longer court days for the entire work week. Seems the CA trials I watched (back when CourtTV was just that)-the trial days were short, they took Fridays off, and juries only deliberated a few hours a day. IMO, most states move much more quickly in trials than CA does. I really don't see this trial going on endlessly in the Florida jurisdiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member