GUILTY PA - Sherry Leighty, 21, Altoona, 1 October 1999

I read through the thread and did not see these questions asked. What line of work was the husband and boyfriend in? And what brought the boyfriend from Maine to Pennsylvania to begin with?

Not 100% sure but based on what I'm finding in the past few minutes, it appears he is in the construction industry. Not sure about 13 years ago though.

ETA - I believe he is now a driver for a courier - is that correct Shell?

Hi ShellBell,

So sorry for all that has happened and all that should have happened in this case.

There is a journalist by the name of Zandy Dudiak she has a FB page. She is a good journalist and has written about and is concerned with the missing in PA. Go to her FB page and tell her about your sister. She may be able to lend a hand somewhere. Get some attention.

I am From PA not really close to Altoona but have been there. The fact that he stayed in the house, is telling. Never remarried, telling. I live in FL now but I do know that Altoona is a good place to hunt, and fish. Lots of woods and homes have basements, some with dirt floors. Depending on the home and when it was built.

Hope you get some answeres.

Is it possible at all Shell that they drove a truck? I found a picture of a maroonish/red (maybe GMC) truck? The picture was taken in 2010 but there are comments about the damage it had sustained 4 years prior which would then have been 2006.

The truck looks older than 2006 but I am not sure if it's old enough to be a 1999.

In any event, just to clarify - Al's parents are DL & KL, right?

Interesting. This was less than three months before Sherry went missing. Makes sense why she was living with the ex in laws.

Actually, looking at pics of 99 trucks, it could be. Also appears that they had a maroon GMC van..

Ring a bell, at all?

I read through the thread and did not see these questions asked. What line of work was the husband and boyfriend in? And what brought the boyfriend from Maine to Pennsylvania to begin with?

He use to drive truck but quit that job several months before she went missing. He started to deliver for a courier. I don't know if the bf went to Labor Ready too for work. I don't know why he was here, he might have had relatives here or something.

Not 100% sure but based on what I'm finding in the past few minutes, it appears he is in the construction industry. Not sure about 13 years ago though.

ETA - I believe he is now a driver for a courier - is that correct Shell?

He does construction on the side but I don't believe way back then. And yes he does deliver for a courier.

Hi ShellBell,

So sorry for all that has happened and all that should have happened in this case.

There is a journalist by the name of Zandy Dudiak she has a FB page. She is a good journalist and has written about and is concerned with the missing in PA. Go to her FB page and tell her about your sister. She may be able to lend a hand somewhere. Get some attention.

I am From PA not really close to Altoona but have been there. The fact that he stayed in the house, is telling. Never remarried, telling. I live in FL now but I do know that Altoona is a good place to hunt, and fish. Lots of woods and homes have basements, some with dirt floors. Depending on the home and when it was built.

Hope you get some answeres.

THanks so much, I will definitely message her on fb & see if she can help in any way.

Is it possible at all Shell that they drove a truck? I found a picture of a maroonish/red (maybe GMC) truck? The picture was taken in 2010 but there are comments about the damage it had sustained 4 years prior which would then have been 2006.

The truck looks older than 2006 but I am not sure if it's old enough to be a 1999.

In any event, just to clarify - Al's parents are DL & KL, right?

I believe his dad had a truck at that time but I don't remember a van.

(In any event, just to clarify - Al's parents are DL & KL, right?)-yes you are correct.

Wouldn't Sherry have been 22 when she went missing about to turn 23?

It seems like there are 'interesting' points staring us in the face, but without a named POI , hmmm.... I don't really know how to discuss certain points further here and stay within TOS.
Again I am shocked that LE did not take this 'seriously' in the beginning and appears they did not even do a cursory investigation. They should be ashamed.

It seems like there are 'interesting' points staring us in the face, but without a named POI , hmmm.... I don't really know how to discuss certain points further here and stay within TOS.
Again I am shocked that LE did not take this 'seriously' in the beginning and appears they did not even do a cursory investigation. They should be ashamed.

I so agree with you; it's a shame that they didn't do their job from the beginning and we are here 13 years later still waiting for answers.

Does Sherry have any identifying marks? Tattoos, prior surgeries, broken bones? Do you know if she has any chipped and/or missing teeth, fillings, or caps?

Does Sherry have any identifying marks? Tattoos, prior surgeries, broken bones? Do you know if she has any chipped and/or missing teeth, fillings, or caps?

She don't have any birthmarks, tattoos or broken bones that I know of. She did have a tubal ligation after the birth of her third baby. No chipped or missing teeth or caps. She probably has fillings for some cavities.

She does have a mole on the right side of her nose & right side of her face near her hairline. Here's a pic where you can see the mole on her nose.

12622_269773863150548_2055724348_n.jpg

Shells I'm looking at namus now and it says there is a DNA sample collected but it has not been submitted. Do you know if this is something you submitted or they already had on file? And have they said why they haven't submitted it?

Shells I'm looking at namus now and it says there is a DNA sample collected but it has not been submitted. Do you know if this is something you submitted or they already had on file? And have they said why they haven't submitted it?

I submitted my DNA this morning.

Shelly,
The statement was copied and pasted from this article:

http://www.examiner.com/article/she...ported-missing-after-13-years?cid=db_articles

Sheldon Dumm, Sherry's father, who passed away in 2005, last saw his daughter on Sept. 26 when her ex-husband's parent's dropped her off at work a block a way. Dumm found out later from her employer, Labor Ready, that Sherry never showed up for work that day.

So we now know that it is INACCURATE.

What if her father DID see her on Sunday... but they just also assumed that was the day she was dropped off at work?
Maybe Dad saw her Sunday and then she was supposed to be dropped off Monday since Labor Ready wasn't open Sunday?
(I for the record don't believe she was ever dropped off to begin with. But this is just a theory for how the days could be wrong.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back