MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the perceived name calling in my last comment. I need to do some more reading of the facts on this one. I was reacting to the news articles that report the alleged trajectory of the shot that killed MB(that the shot was pointed down throughout the top of his head,suggesting he was surrendering at the time of his death).

I would appreciate everyones recommended links related to this tragedy. Thanks

snipped for focus
For your #1

Why do you think there was only a "tussle" at the car? Because Crump/Parks say so? Because DJ says so?

Just curious because Wilson and St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar both said that Wilson was assaulted by Brown while Wilson was in the vehicle and so does the latest witness. (sorry can't remember his name, it's upthread)

What is your reasoning for believing one over the other?

ETA--Will be back to check for a response. Company is coming! :)
Well first of all I haven't said that is what I think. IMO that is all that can be determined from reports so far. I have said numerous times that I don't think there is enough legitimate information(hell, there may not be any legitimate information being released, too hard to tell through all the lies) to make a sound conclusion yet. And if this was an unjustified killing what exactly do you expect Wilson to say? You think he is gonna throw himself under the bus? And as far as Belmar, well where is he getting the info from??

With all do respect Lambchop, there is a lot of assumptions in your post here:
1) that Wilson was assaulted - so far we only know that there was some sort of tussle at the car
2) that MB turned to walk back to where the problem was - maybe he was turning around to look at the guy who is shooting at him
3) who reported that the officer said freeze? I definitely missed that if true
4) MB was angry? Maybe it was Wilson that was angry? Maybe neither of them were angry at this point.. Maybe both... I sure don't know and if I said I did know it would be an assumption

I believe these where in a statement by DJ. And, yes, I would say the officer was angry if he were assaulted by MB as reported. Sometimes 18 year olds do not use the best judgment. That would be my opinion.

Sorry for the perceived name calling in my last comment. I need to do some more reading of the facts on this one. I was reacting to the news articles that report the alleged trajectory of the shot that killed MB(that the shot was pointed down throughout the top of his head,suggesting he was surrendering at the time of his death).

It might be easier for you to go back and read posts in the pages in the beginning of this thread. I try to mark the page I leave every night. Then when I log on the next day, I start reading posts and links until I catch up with the conversation. I only save the links that I know are going to be questioned. There are many posters who have spent many hours researching and posting links. I have gained tremendous knowledge from reading all the pages. Good luck!

We have turned in a "scanner rewind request" here at WS to try and determine when a "BOLO" was sent out regarding the convenience store larceny. That scanner report is being worked on by a diligent WS member. It takes time, is time consuming and only a few WS members are good at listening to the traffic and transcribing same. Knowing the time of the actual larceny and the time of the shooting, knowing the dispatch traffic during that time would be invaluable. It is possible that the feed has been taken down by LE or FBI, IDK.

I do want to point out that if anyone visits the scanner request or scanner threads that any and all conversation(s) regarding information there has to be left there and should not be brought up to this or a "public" thread. There are strict rules about it. Just trying to keep the MODs from getting out a switch. LOLhttp://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ecial-Rewind-Requests&p=10887207#post10887207
My money is on that feed being taken down. IMO

Wow, this new video looks like it shot right after the shooting- I don't think we have seen one shot that soon so far. I still think there may be a video out there that records the entire incident.

Another interview with an eyewitness Grady/Brady?:

http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/...fo-in-brown-shooting-320756803662#discussions

He makes punching motions in the interview and says MB arms were through the window.

He says "he was punching on him" on the video he recorded.

Wow, this new video looks like it shot right after the shooting- I don't think we have seen one shot that soon so far. I still think there may be a video out there that records the entire incident.

Where is FryDaddy? We need him to break this down.

k, my take on this new video after only one viewing….

he makes a couple of compelling statements:

*MBs arms are in the window of the car, says Brady (OMG i just got the architect joke from yesterday :facepalm:) while making punching motions with his fists
*tries to walk that statement back when asked if MB is punching officer, when 1st asked says, "i don't know YET? (YET?????? what does that mean?)
*when asked again, he says he used that arm motion to "show how his (MBs) arms are in the window" (aren't you then mimicking MBs actions????)
*asked if OW is punching MB, and says "yes, his arms are moving ALSO"..while again using punching motions with his own arms
*uses the words altercation and punching
*says DJ was at the front of the car, not next to MB
*doesn't see entire event b/c at start he is inside his apt., and as MB breaks away from the car he goes downstairs to street level (outside?) to watch the rest. does not specify how far that is, and i'm not sure what he says about how long it took him.
*says he didn't hear if there was a gunshot "at the car"

didn't hear the rest clearly b/c i was typing and listening at the same time. :)

oh man, toward the end they play Tiffany's statement concerning MBs arms being raised and OW continuing to shoot at him, and asks, is that how you saw it? WTF????

*Brady says i didn't really see his hands up

OMG anchor says "well your word choices may be different but I think you're stories are the same. WTF??????

overal take aways…..
i think if questioned by the police or the Feds, i'm not sure what he'd say. he sounds sure of certain things, but not others.
this anchor is a try hard, and attempts to get him to make statements that the anchor wants to hear. IMO

For home defense I want something with enough stopping power that doesn't take six shots or require careful aim. And I won't be aiming at the knees. It seems some folks just don't understand why LEOs are trained to aim for center mass and fire multiple shots. It's because they typically aren't carrying weapons that can stop an assailant with one round and prevent a struggle in which the officer's gun is taken. As for shooting to 'wing' as some have said, that's just silly.

If you've ever seen videos in which it takes several officers to subdue a single suspect then you understand why they don't just engage in unarmed fist fights.

I live in a very safe area; nevertheless, I have a Remington 12-gauge, pump action, short-barrel shotgun should a Darwin Award applicant ever make an appearance.

It might be easier for you to go back and read posts in the pages in the beginning of this thread. I try to mark the page I leave every night. Then when I log on the next day, I start reading posts and links until I catch up with the conversation. I only save the links that I know are going to be questioned. There are many posters who have spent many hours researching and posting links. I have gained tremendous knowledge from reading all the pages. Good luck!

Thanks, I will do.

I'm a new poster, but i've followed tons of stuff on WS just lurking. Its very addictive, going down the rabbit hole of info and discussion on WS. I wasn't going to do it for this case. but I think i'll start now. Thanks again.

If there is, that person will require a new identity and relocation through the witness protection program.

Thanks, I will do.

I'm a new poster, but i've followed tons of stuff on WS just lurking. Its very addictive, going down the rabbit hole of info and discussion on WS. I wasn't going to do it for this case. but I think i'll start now. Thanks again.

No problem. Welcome to websleuths. I lurked around on websleuths for a couple of months before I registered last month, July 2014 to follow 2 other cases. Everybody has the right to express their own opinion. Please post your opinions. Most of the members are truly helpful! One of the other cases I was following was emotionally charged also. I look forward to reading your opinions!

Does anyone remember at the very beginning of this when Anonymous posted recordings of the dispatchers? Does anyone have a link handy? I'm happy to search, but just thought I would check first.

Welcome Iwazaru!!

I posted earlier that we needed a fact thread for this case, but what we might need is a media thread. What do you guys think? There are tons of interviews--some of them are old and I am just now seeing them.

Thanks, I will do.

:welcome: Aboard! :fireworks:

The most Ofc. Wilson could have known from a BOLO was the description of 1-2 guys said to have just stolen some cigars from a local store. Nothing to get riled up about, even when he noticed the 2 miscreants in the middle of the street fit the description. I believe Grady in the video described MB "running up to the (DW's) car" where "an altercation"... "some kind of tussling through the window"..."punching" ensued. An unprovoked attack by MB and subsequent fight over his gun resulting in the gun firing within the car, would have instantly changed a routine encounter to a life or death situation ... in Ofc. Wilson's mind imo. And it's the reasonableness of what Ofc. Wilson was thinking/feeling that the grand jurors will be asked to determine.

BBM

exactly.

True, but something still missing from those videos IMO

The robbery discredits Johnson, his story grows more unbelievable by the day. The two girls, I'm sorry, didn't see the shooting. The BOLO, the possession of the cigars, the defiant walk down the middle of the street (which I hadn't considered a big deal until I thought about the cocky kid in my subdivision who does the same thing), at least three accounts that Wilson was being hit or charged at, two of which have no reason to oppose the community to give their accounts, the swollen face that required x-rays, the chief's statement and the autopsy that showed no obvious shot in the back (the silence here when that info came out was pretty obvious)...all get's this "meh" reaction. All not proven, so I concede that. Then, the one thing that is pretty concrete, even that isn't accepted. THAT is where this goes south.

Plus we do not know what the officer was thinking, or MB for that matter. We know MB did not have a gun but did the officer feel there was a threat and why. Was the officer shooting at MB's arms to try and stop him and MB fell forward right into the line of fire? Or was MB attempting to get down to keep from getting shot. Those are the questions the Grand Jury will want to know. Only one person has the answers and that would be the officer. I would think if he lies, forensics will call him out on them. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni