MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the perceived name calling in my last comment. I need to do some more reading of the facts on this one. I was reacting to the news articles that report the alleged trajectory of the shot that killed MB(that the shot was pointed down throughout the top of his head,suggesting he was surrendering at the time of his death).

I would appreciate everyones recommended links related to this tragedy. Thanks
Dr Baden said the shot to his head could have come with his head down if he was charging someone also.

So what if MB has a record? That has nothing to do with this case. Nothing. The only thing that matters is this day.

There are so many good people that did stupid things as kids. Thankfully they did not end up dead.
I don't think this kid was a saint. But I am not sure that makes him the devil either.

MB is not a kid. He is a legal adult. When does one stop being a kid nowdays?

Does Parcells have a license to to autopsy in Missouri? The following link was discussed earlier today on this thread.
"“I can tell you absolutely that I find what Parcells does to be abysmal,” Dr. Mary Case told The Daily Caller when asked about Shawn Parcells, a Kansas-based forensic pathologist assistant. He has been accused in the past of fabricating his job title and of conducting autopsies without a license."

http://news.yahoo.com/st-louis-medi...lywnzcgrwb3mdmqrjb2xva2dxmqr2dglka1nnrti4of8x

working my way backwards…..jumping off your post.

the man doesn't have a license to perform an autopsy ANYWHERE!

his only degree is "a BS of life sciences"

the SL Dispatch article is a must read for everyone on this thread IMO!

and OMG if Baden needed to be licensed in the state of MO and is relying on Parcells……..:face palm:

Asked if MB had a juvie record, Daryl Parks: "I'll say this. He was a typical kid. Some situations may have occurred while a juvenile, but we need to not be at a point where we start to blame the victim."

If I had a nickel for every time this guys says 'may'

I'd probably donate it to Office Wilson :biggrin:

After buying myself a nice bottle of Moscato :wink:

MB supposedly graduated from the abysmal Normandy HS in May, but he attended a different school the previous year, reportedly to "make up credits" he needed. Hmm.. Was he given one or more long-term school suspensions which caused him to fall behind?

In my opinion, the residents of Ferguson should be up in arms over the unaccredited high school. As many of our groups of immigrants have found out, getting a good education is one way to have a better standard of living than your parents. It certainly worked for me and my husband as well as countless others.
Here is the link referring to MB's high school history:
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_cbafa12e-7305-5fd7-8e0e-3139f472d130.html

The officer took someone's life so if he did not do it justly then yes he does have to pay for it.

And that is EXACTLY my point. It seems that MB was willing to take the cops life that day. They struggled over control of the gun, which went off. If Wilson had lost control then he would have been dead. So I have no problem with him using deadly force to bring down MB. Imo, MB made those violent, illegal choices himself, that led to his death.

When you were a teen, and a cop stopped to talk to you and your friends, on a weekend afternoon, did any of your friends shove the cop back into the car, slam the door then punch him in the face and head? That is more than just 'bad choices' by a silly teen, imo.

MB is not a kid. He is a legal adult. When does one stop being a kid nowdays?
I don't know exactly when you stop being a kid, but 18 is a kid IMO. Spend some time around a bunch of 18 yr olds and you will see what I mean.

What does his background have to do with anything?

As I just posted minutes ago, IF MB had a juvenile record containing bullying, armed robbery, strong armed robbery, use of a gun, attempted murder, etc., it would make a huge difference. It would show a pattern of behavior. This is my opinion. I am not here to argue.

k, my take on this new video after only one viewing….

he makes a couple of compelling statements:

*MBs arms are in the window of the car, says Brady (OMG i just got the architect joke from yesterday :facepalm:) while making punching motions with his fists
*tries to walk that statement back when asked if MB is punching officer, when 1st asked says, "i don't know YET? (YET?????? what does that mean?)
*when asked again, he says he used that arm motion to "show how his (MBs) arms are in the window" (aren't you then mimicking MBs actions????)
*asked if OW is punching MB, and says "yes, his arms are moving ALSO"..while again using punching motions with his own arms
*uses the words altercation and punching
*says DJ was at the front of the car, not next to MB
*doesn't see entire event b/c at start he is inside his apt., and as MB breaks away from the car he goes downstairs to street level (outside?) to watch the rest. does not specify how far that is, and i'm not sure what he says about how long it took him.
*says he didn't hear if there was a gunshot "at the car"

didn't hear the rest clearly b/c i was typing and listening at the same time. :)

oh man, toward the end they play Tiffany's statement concerning MBs arms being raised and OW continuing to shoot at him, and asks, is that how you saw it? WTF????

*Brady says i didn't really see his hands up

OMG anchor says "well your word choices may be different but I think you're stories are the same. WTF??????

overal take aways…..
i think if questioned by the police or the Feds, i'm not sure what he'd say. he sounds sure of certain things, but not others.
this anchor is a try hard, and attempts to get him to make statements that the anchor wants to hear. IMO

Yeah, I think him and the anchor were both trying to do a little damage control. I think it's odd that he heard an altercation that caused him to look out of his window, but didn't hear a gunshot in the car because he was behind the window? Would the yelling have been louder than the gunshot? Or would the gunshot sound have been more muffled by the fact that it happened inside a car? IDK the answer.

OH MY ! :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud:

Watching Hardball. Just learned more about McCullogh, the prosecutors father's death. I knew he was a cop killed by a black man. BUT THE KILLER GRABBED THE GUN FROM HIS HOLSTER!!!!!! oh my. No wonder the protestors are worried.

I don't know exactly when you stop being a kid, but 18 is a kid IMO. Spend some time around a bunch of 18 yr olds and you will see what I mean.

Well, I have to agree. Ask any mother of an 18 year old male. They will all tell you the same. Even though in the eyes of the law they are an adult they still act like a kid and continue until they are forced to take responsibility. Getting a job, going off to college, managing their life, etc. jmo

So what if MB has a record? That has nothing to do with this case. Nothing. The only thing that matters is this day.

There are so many good people that did stupid things as kids. Thankfully they did not end up dead.
I don't think this kid was a saint. But I am not sure that makes him the devil either.

I don't think you were here for the discussions. IF what this reporter knows/was told is true,
we're not talking a shoplifting charge or caught with weed type of offense.

What are your thoughts on a cut off age for being an adult? Whether a person is legally an adult or not, there has to be accountability for ones actions. In my mind, when I was in college, most all college students were immature. So, should the cut off for being an adult be 22 or 23 years old? Most if not all states have laws that at the age of 18 years old, one is considered an adult. Also, if a 12 year old had committed a strong armed robbery, or shown disrespect for LE by not getting out of the middle of the street when traffic was being blocked, he or she would be held accountable in juvenile court. The following is a general statement and not directed at MB, but it bothers me seeing young adults exhibit the lack of respect for others including LE. It also bothers me that many young teens as well as young adults are not being held accountable for their actions beginning at a very young age. Just my opinion.

OH MY ! :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud:

Watching Hardball. Just learned more about McCullogh, the prosecutors father's death. I knew he was a cop killed by a black man. BUT THE KILLER GRABBED THE GUN FROM HIS HOLSTER!!!!!! oh my. No wonder the protestors are worried.

Oh my! That explains a lot.

And that is EXACTLY my point. It seems that MB was willing to take the cops life that day. They struggled over control of the gun, which went off. If Wilson had lost control then he would have been dead. So I have no problem with him using deadly force to bring down MB. Imo, MB made those violent, illegal choices himself, that led to his death.

When you were a teen, and a cop stopped to talk to you and your friends, on a weekend afternoon, did any of your friends shove the cop back into the car, slam the door then punch him in the face and head? That is more than just 'bad choices' by a silly teen, imo.
IMO there is absolutely no basis to suggest that MB was willing to take anyone's life ANY day... That is an assumption... Maybe the struggle was because MB was truly in fear for his own life.. We don't know what the struggle was about. I have no problem at all with anyone who decides to believe officer Wilson's version of these events, but people should understand that is all it is.... Actually we don't even know that for sure... It is more accurate to say that it is 2nd hand testimony as to Wilson's version. This narrative is coming from ONE source. there are other sides to this story.

Okay. So what if it comes out that the cop had a bad employment record with the department? Would that just be 'stupid' things he did as a rookie? And it only matters what happened that day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48