Truck tailgate makes other drivers think woman is being kidnapped

Patience

Former Member
Reaction score
Who could’ve thought a passed out woman, tied up and held hostage in the bed of a pickup would ever cause a stir?

Apparently not Brad Kolb , the owner of Hornet Signs in Waco, who created this custom tailgate decal that was a little too real for some drivers.

Abduction decal by Hornet Signs in Waco, Texas. (Image via KWTX)
Abduction decal by Hornet Signs in Waco, Texas. (Image via KWTX)

“I wasn’t expecting the reactions that we got, nor was it really anything that we condone,” Kolb told TV station KWTX in Waco. “It was something we just had to put out there to see who notices it.”

A lot of people, Brad. A lot.

http://blog.sfgate.com/hottopics/20...other-drivers-think-woman-is-being-kidnapped/

I amso mad about this Hornet decal that I couldn't even post this without shaking. :banghead::eek:verreaction:

Does anyone else feel discust like I do. Wtf?

My favorite quote from the article-
“When you’re going to go put a wrap on the side of your vehicle, you want that image to be realistic and to portray the image of your company"

What type of company would want this image? Boy this was a DUMB move on somebody's part, IMO..

The female worker who posed for it should be ashamed - and pray for all those women who did end up like the one she mimicked. But, you can't shame the shameless.

Another way of looking at it is that when haters choose thus to mark their vehicles and park them in public places, anything can happen to them as they set there.

Gross. What kind of person thinks this is okay? What does it say about how this guy views women?! :puke:

There appears to be an all out war on facebook oh boy, most people are hopping mad and others are ok with it. There are posts on Hornets fb page and there is a boycott hornet event and both are very active.

The female worker who posed for it should be ashamed - and pray for all those women who did end up like the one she mimicked. But, you can't shame the shameless.

I wonder (hope?) if she did it feeling like she couldnt turn down a request from her boss, if asked. It can often be hard for an employee to say no to their employer.

I know there are women out there who would go along with it, under the cover of "but it's just a joke, hur hur!", and try to be the special snowflake who goes along with the menz and their wacky sense of humor :facepalm: :rolleyes: but I won't assume she is one *yet*. :innocent:

What if she didn't think it was a big deal and no one would consider taking it seriously and it was simply a test market?

What if she didn't think it was a big deal and no one would consider taking it seriously and it was simply a test market?

test market for decals portraying victims of violent crime?

I guess it would be kinda interesting to see who the idiots are who would buy such a product

test market for decals portraying victims of violent crime?

I guess it would be kinda interesting to see who the idiots are who would buy such a product

Was it for sale, or where they seeing if it would be noticed? Funny when miley did something outrageous she was creating buzz...when this guy does something (not real) and a female participates, it's idiotic.

Go figure

Was it for sale, or where they seeing if it would be noticed? Funny when miley did something outrageous she was creating buzz...when this guy does something (not real) and a female participates, it's idiotic.

Go figure

I cannot figure out how portraying a violent act and victim is even remotely close to a consensual show where two people are mimicking consensual sex acts.

Unless you think sex is bad, violent, or otherwise harmful. Then I guess it's comparable?

More of that warped, puritanical "sex bad! violence just fine!" attitude so common in the US.

I cannot figure out how portraying a violent act and victim is even remotely close to a consensual show where two people are mimicking consensual sex acts.

Unless you think sex is bad, violent, or otherwise harmful. Then I guess it's comparable?

More of that warped, puritanical "sex bad! violence just fine!" attitude so common in the US.

The woman posed did so consensually...so I'm not the one projecting bad, violence, or harmful.

The woman posed did so consensually...so I'm not the one projecting bad, violence, or harmful.

The whole non-issue is just too stupid for words, imo. It's a decal. The worst I can say is that it would be distracting to drivers trying to figure out what's up with it. Kind of like the billboards in Vegas with fake suicides hanging from them. jmo

It's ridiculous and could be a danger. The decal could cause needless road chases and police calls. The lifesize decal in the linked pic looks real and someone spotting it from a distance wouldn't have a chance to look closer. Other decals might be a good idea though. I hope this one is discontinued.

It's ridiculous and could be a danger. The decal could cause needless road chases and police calls. The lifesize decal in the linked pic looks real and someone spotting it from a distance wouldn't have a chance to look closer. Other decals might be a good idea though. I hope this one is discontinued.

Trying to think how I would react. The first thing would be omg shock, and that could be dangerous. But how long would it take a reasonable person to realize that people who abduct women in the beds or their trucks don't typically leave the tailgate down. And even if they did, the woman's hair might blow or her body bounce over a bump or whatever. I can't see myself being fooled by this for more than 20 seconds. Which is long enough to have an accident, and that's what I'm willing to say the real problem with it is. jmo

Go figure

Miley was glorifying a woman owning her own sexuality, arguably in a way that was unconvincing and tacky.

This decal is glorifying a woman being victimized, with the promise of worse to come.

I don't actually believe you can't see the difference.

Miley was glorifying a woman owning her own sexuality, arguably in a way that was unconvincing and tacky.

This decal is glorifying a woman being victimized, with the promise of worse to come.

I don't actually believe you can't see the difference.

it's glorifying? I disagree.

I agree completely. And I'm not bashing the model, she may have been coerced by her boss into doing this, but my first reaction as a driver would be to immediately call Highway Patrol, which is going to tie up LE for a dangerous, non-event!!! Stupid and degrading to women!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back