OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they left on their own, were both Bobby and Sherilyn onboard with the idea? I think not!!!

We already know Bobby wanted to live somewhere in a shipping container. I don't think Sherilyn was very keen with the idea.

The other reason I think Bobby wouldn't have left on his own is , the money left in the truck! I believe that money belonged to Bobby. He wouldn't have just left it there!

Please keep in mind, these are only MY opinions.

I think the mountain trip was a setup, to get Bobby up there.

Sooo.... who received the $30,000.00? I have my ideas, but better not post it!

If they left on their own, were both Bobby and Sherilyn onboard with the idea? I think not!!!

We already know Bobby wanted to live somewhere in a shipping container. I don't think Sherilyn was very keen with the idea.

The other reason I think Bobby wouldn't have left on his own is , the money left in the truck! I believe that money belonged to Bobby. He wouldn't have just left it there!

I agree again. Sherilyn certainly seems to have been the fulcrum, the pivot, the crux of the matter. She seems to have been the dominant partner:

"Folie imposée is where a dominant person (known as the 'primary', 'inducer' or 'principal') initially forms a delusional belief during a psychotic episode and imposes it on another person or persons (known as the 'secondary', 'acceptor' or 'associate') with the assumption that the secondary person might not have become deluded if left to his or her own devices."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folie_à_deux

Yep. A lot of our thinking about this case has been tinged by subjectivity - in this case, what we ourselves wouldn't do:

* we wouldn't have left the dog in a locked truck; we love animals
* we wouldn't have left over $30,000 in the truck; we know money's value
* we wouldn't have dyed a six-year-old's hair; we respect childhood's innocence
* we wouldn't seek to live off the grid; we value contact with others

etc. etc.

As the Oklahoman article above is based on the accounts of authority figures (a pastor; a sheriff), it is not wise, I don't think, to undervalue them. We ourselves are not the Jamisons, and the Jamisons - with their paranoia, with their bizarre religious beliefs, with their proposed lawsuit against a school district, with their very "different-ness" - are a very tough nut to crack.

I wonder if the FBI has used its resources in order to evaluate the family in question, and, on that evaluation, base its investigation.

I agree.
That's why I'd like to continue the facts only list.

- A truck was found on a mountain in Latimer County OK, without the person to whom it was registered, inside of it.

- The truck was registered to Bobby Jamison.

- Bobby Jamison suffered from a debilitating back injury

- Bobby Jamison was on prescription pain medication

- Bobby Jamison was married to Sherilyn Jamison, who is also missing

- Madyson Jamison was Sherilyn and Bobby Jamison's daughter. She is also missing

- A dog was found in the vehicle registered to Bobby Jamison

I agree.
That's why I'd like to continue the facts only list.

- A truck was found on a mountain in Latimer County OK, without the person to whom it was registered, inside of it.

- Madyson Jamison was Sherilyn and Bobby Jamison's daughter. She is also missing

Okay, and somebody correct me if I'm wrong here:

- Inside the truck, authorities also found two cell phones, a wallet, a purse, $32,000 in cash, and a multi-page letter from Sherilyn to Bobby, one which criticized him and in which, among other things, she called him "a hermit."

http://s3.amazonaws.com/newsok-photos/925690/gallery_photo.jpg

(above: the money, a NationsBank bag, and the September 2009 issue of Architectural Digest, etc.)

- A truck was found on a mountain in Latimer County OK, without the person to whom it was registered inside of it.

- A cell phone, a wallet, a purse, and an unidentified amount of cash was found in the vehicle.

Okay, and somebody correct me if I'm wrong here:

- Inside the truck, authorities also found two cell phones, a wallet, a purse, $32,000 in cash, and a multi-page letter from Sherilyn to Bobby, one which criticized him and in which, among other things, she called him "a hermit."

http://s3.amazonaws.com/newsok-photos/925690/gallery_photo.jpg

(above: the money, a NationsBank bag, and the September 2009 issue of Architectural Digest, etc.)

As a side note to this- the NationsBank bag...when did NationsBank turn to Bank Of America? In the late 90's I think?

I'm thinking the bank bag and the money in it (or in the vehicle) was not an immediate withdrawal from a bank, but perhaps a withdrawal from one much earlier.
FWIW.

- A truck was found on a mountain in Latimer County OK, without the person to whom it was registered inside of it.

- A cell phone, a wallet, a purse, and an unidentified amount of cash was found in the vehicle.

[BBM]

Newsok.com/Sunday Oklahoman, in an online report published 02 May 2010, reported the cash to have totaled $32,000:

"A Latimer County sheriff’s deputy found $32,000 in cash...in a bank bag beneath the driver’s seat of the pickup."

http://newsok.com/multimedia/photos..._click=email_multimedia_gallery#ixzz0n6Mbmn6O

As a side note to this- the NationsBank bag...when did NationsBank turn to Bank Of America? In the late 90's I think?

I'm thinking the bank bag and the money in it (or in the vehicle) was not an immediate withdrawal from a bank, but perhaps a withdrawal from one much earlier.
FWIW.

"BankAmerica continued to operate its new subsidiary as Seafirst rather than Bank of America until the 1998 merger with NationsBank."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_of_America

[BBM]

Newsok.com/Sunday Oklahoman, in an online report published 02 May 2010, reported the cash to have totaled $32,000:

"A Latimer County sheriff’s deputy found $32,000 in cash...in a bank bag beneath the driver’s seat of the pickup."

http://newsok.com/multimedia/photos..._click=email_multimedia_gallery#ixzz0n6Mbmn6O

I'm totally with you, wfgodot.
But how do we know that amount of money was there? Don't want to include it in facts unless we actually know, kwim?

I'm totally with you, wfgodot.
But how do we know that amount of money was there? Don't want to include it in facts unless we actually know, kwim?

If we fail to acknowledge published accounts based - evidently - on interviews with public officials, chaos reigns. (Which, yes, it does, anyway, in this case!)

A truck was found on a mountain in Latimer County OK, without the person to whom it was registered inside of it.

- A cell phone, a wallet, a purse, and $32,000 in cash was found in the vehicle.

I'm going to contact the Ok dept of treasurer to see about the serial numbers. I think that's the place to go anyway....

Oklahoma State Treasurer
Unclaimed Property Division
4545 N. Lincoln Blvd., Ste. 106
Oklahoma City , OK 73105-3413
(405) 521-4273

A truck was found on a mountain in Latimer County OK, without the person to whom it was registered inside of it.

- A cell phone, a wallet, a purse, and $32,000 in cash was found in the vehicle.

Well, unless there was actually $64,000, the amount of Bobby's settlement, half of it in another receptacle, and first responders of one sort or another took the briefcase that's missing! (lol)

From what I understand, feel free not to list it as a fact....Bobby had lots of bank bags from when he ran the landscape business/ tree farm. A couple months before they went missing, Bobby had went to Stars house and got the money out of her safe (he kept it there for safe keeping). IIRC there was more like $64,000. Bobby had said that him and Sherilyn were going to get a divorce and he was giving her $32,000 (her half). I think that is why the $32,000 was found in the truck. That was Bobby's half of the money and he had it well hid, so Sherilyn wouldn't find it and spend it. There are a couple of theories of where the $$ came from. The Sheriff said there was a reciept in the truck from SSA accounting for the large amount. But Star said the money came from a accident settlement. I have to believe the sheriff on this one. I am thinking back pay from his disability.

Wouldn't LE have been able to use a drug dog to tell if there had been illegal drugs in the vehicle?

Another fact:

Madyson Jamison was the heir to her grandfathers estate.

From what I understand, feel free not to list it as a fact....Bobby had lots of bank bags from when he ran the landscape business/ tree farm. A couple months before they went missing, Bobby had went to Stars house and got the money out of her safe (he kept it there for safe keeping). IIRC there was more like $64,000. Bobby had said that him and Sherilyn were going to get a divorce and he was giving her $32,000 (her half). I think that is why the $32,000 was found in the truck. That was Bobby's half of the money and he had it well hid, so Sherilyn wouldn't find it and spend it. There are a couple of theories of where the $$ came from. The Sheriff said there was a reciept in the truck from SSA accounting for the large amount. But Star said the money came from a accident settlement. I have to believe the sheriff on this one. I am thinking back pay from his disability.

Oiy... totally not disagreeing here. I get this. ;)

But the money in the truck was not handled a lot. And SSA...they don't really pay out those kind of payments unless its a settlement...do they? I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82