GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Abduction attempt reported near Forsyth

The woman, who reported the incident to the sheriff's office at 6:50 p.m. Thursday, said that between 2 and 3 p.m. she had stopped along the Frontage Road between Rosebud and Forsyth to look for a CD in her car, Thingvold said.
A man approached the driver's side door and told her she had to go with him, the undersheriff said. The man pulled out a fish fillet knife that had a substance on it that looked like blood and said, "You need to come with me or you'll end up like that ***** on TV," the woman reported, Thingvold said.
The woman, who lives in the area, interpreted the man's comment as a reference to Sidney teacher Sherry Arnold, who was confirmed dead on Friday by law enforcement officials.

Read more: http://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...fb9-5636-a6eb-2aa24c577829.html#ixzz1jNdJCob1

http://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...cle_8ca53c1a-2fb9-5636-a6eb-2aa24c577829.html

Good for her -she pulled a gun on him!

I wonder if the tip from a member of the public had anything to do with the newly posted reward for Sherry? I'm glad someone came forward, regardless though. If that's the case, it's sad it takes money to do the right thing.

I mean... one is being held in ND and one in SD.. .and who is on first? Because I am as confused as all get out!!!

I think the 47 yr old is in custody and the 22 yr old is being questioned. Not sure though.

ETA That is true according to twitter. The 47 yr old in in Williams County jail in ND

I know that the clothes she was wearing were discussed before. Does anyone know if any of it was reflective. This is so sad!

I know that the clothes she was wearing were discussed before. Does anyone know if any of it was reflective. This is so sad!

I haven't heard that any of her clothing was reflective, but we haven't seen a description of her shoes so possibly they were.

Mike Brooks just said where the elder suspect is being held is another town with oil rigs, and JVM just said she'lldiscuss tonight

I wonder if the tip from a member of the public had anything to do with the newly posted reward for Sherry? I'm glad someone came forward, regardless though. If that's the case, it's sad it takes money to do the right thing.

I am wondering if they hypnotized or questioned the eye witness who saw a car lingering close by and got a description of the vehicle or maybe a partial license plate number and did some very good investigative work and found the car, which led them to one suspect that led them to the other suspect?

Knife with blood on it....? She should have shot him in the knee.

I was thinking a little higher up than his knee...:mad:

While I'm personally not inclined to carry a firearm, knowing what we do now about the alarmingly high number of sex offenders in that area I can't imagine going anywhere alone there without some sort of protection.

RIP, Sherry.

I haven't heard that any of her clothing was reflective, but we haven't seen a description of her shoes so possibly they were.

Thanks for the info! Not that I believe these guys if they say it was an accident. I mean if they did hit her, and she wasn't wearing reflective gear if they had called 911 they may not have gotten into trouble because it was dark. This leads me to believe that they did abduct her versus hitting her. I guess will find out soon. Such a tragedy!

Supposely she was wearing reflective clothing. My son is a runner and he pointed out that someone looking at their cell phone or reaching down for something isn't going to see you at all.

I was thinking a little higher up than his knee...:mad:

While I'm personally not inclined to carry a firearm, knowing what we do now about the alarmingly high number of sex offenders in that area I can't imagine going anywhere alone there without some sort of protection.

RIP, Sherry.

Unless your walking around with one on your hip...it's not much help, imo. Everything is truly awry today. LE works their butts off trying to put violent offenders behind bars and governors pardon them. Go figure.....

Supposely she was wearing reflective clothing. My son is a runner and he pointed out that someone looking at their cell phone or reaching down for something isn't going to see you at all.

I didn't think about that! That make sense how someone might not see a runner dressed right.

yet the family says they have been notified as has the superintendent that she has passed...

I will change the title to presumed located until we get more information...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie