Caylee Anthony 2 year old General Discussion #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
The car Casey was driving was not stolen. This car was given to Casey to use, and if I remember correctly, originally Lee was using this car when he lived at home with his parents.

Cindy actually gave a "false report" to the police regarding the car being stolen. Cindy clearly was doing this "out-of-spite" and you can't involve the police with false statements.

The police were dispatched to the house based solely on a stolen car report and stolen money. This is why there was no RUSH for the police to arrive after the first 911 phone call.

Now if Cindy would have called the police right after Cindy and George picked up the car from the towing company and then called 911 saying: "I just received notice from a towing company today that my daughter's car was towed on June 30th and it is now July 15th. We went to pick up the car from the towing company and the car smells like their was a dead body in it. I haven't seen my daughter or granddaughter in 30 days and I am worried something is very wrong." Then the police would have been there is a split-second.

But, nope, twists and turns, ups and down, flipping and flopping and there is still a child missing!

If the car isn't in Casey's name and she took it and vanished, the parents (or whoever the car is registered to) can report it as stolen and file a report if they opt to. That's a legit claim (again as long as the car isn't registered to Casey, and I'd be willing to bet the parents pay for everything and anything to do with the car and just happen to let Casey drive it).

As for Cindy and the smell, do we know if she's even smelled a "dead body" - human that is? I'm sure she's smelled dead animals (on the road and such) and perhaps that's what the smell reminded her of. At this point though it's possible she really didn't know what she was smelling (unlike LE or those who have experience with the matter).

Just saying...

Maconrich I've assumed as a nurse she probably has... perhaps at least during the process of becoming a nurse.

I've been a nurse for 20 years and I have never smelled a decomposing body. Animals, yes but not human. I think she made the comment to police because George told her the car smelled like a dead body had been in it. He probably had smelled a decomposing body being a former police officer.

maconrich - Thread #21

You can't report a car stolen after the fact. You report a car stolen the day it went missing, not when you get notice from a towing company the car was sitting in their yard for 2 weeks.

Cindy is a nurse and she would know exactly what a dead body smells like. I thought of Cindy's statement to the 911 operator over and over again. This is just not something anyone would just "pick out of the air" to tell the police.

maconrich - Thread #21

You can't report a car stolen after the fact. You report a car stolen the day it went missing, not when you get notice from a towing company the car was sitting in their yard for 2 weeks.

Cindy is a nurse and she would know exactly what a dead body smells like. I thought of Cindy's statement to the 911 operator over and over again. This is just not something anyone would just "pick out of the air" to tell the police.

I think I'd file a report even after the car was recovered. If it's really stolen (and, in this case, I agree that it wasn't), it could have been used in a robbery, to run drugs, to transport a body.... anything. It wouldn't hurt to have it on record that the car was out of my possession, and I had no way to know what was done with it.

maconrich - Thread #21

ok, sorry and Thank You for pointing me to the thread!! (btw I just pm'd you). I do know Cindy's statement combined with what the dogs found hit me like a blow to the gut, but I guess I'm trying to find reasons not to think the worst... :(

angela - that's along the lines of what I was thinking...

and Warrcat - ICAM!!

maconrich - Thread #21

I'm with you Patty. I have thought the whole call was a "spite" thing. She wouldn't have gone through with any charges against CASEY. As a matter of fact the only thing that I find credible coming from Cindy in this whole case is this call. I really think that at this time Cindy still thought Casey knew where Caylee was and she did this as a way to get Casey to get Caylee. I think she thought she wouldn't want her to call the police and would go get Caylee.
The problem is by the time Cindy got to the third call where she was crying she KNEW Caylee was gone. Since then she has been doing damage control. IMHO

Did anyone start a gambling thread? I can't find it!

I didn't read much about the gambling but as soon as it was mentioned I remembered something that may or may not be relevant:confused:

I lived in Orlando from 05 to 07. I used to work with this girl who did a few poker parties several times a week. They were all night parties and she basically got paid to deal cards and look pretty. She made about $1000 a night! I once asked her if she was afraid of getting caught and she said most of the players are cops :eek: They used to change the locations each week. I did get the impression that this was a big inner circle.

This is probally totally irrelevant but I thought I would throw it out there:confused:

I have looked and looked and can not find. Could someone tell me when Tone said he last saw Caylee. Please

Okay posting this and then I am going to bed..
Are we sure that the car really was stolen? Was there a police report filed on the car? Or was the car given to Casey and when she didn't kowtow to her parents they called it stolen out of spite?

911 calls. Cindy wants poi arrested for grandtheft auto. She wants an officer sent to her home or to take poi in to a police station. At that point (911 calls 1 and 2) she does not know the nature of Caylee being missing (re, hehem..clears throat...kidnapping lol)

I didn't read much about the gambling but as soon as it was mentioned I remembered something that may or may not be relevant:confused:

I lived in Orlando from 05 to 07. I used to work with this girl who did a few poker parties several times a week. They were all night parties and she basically got paid to deal cards and look pretty. She made about $1000 a night! I once asked her if she was afraid of getting caught and she said most of the players are cops :eek: They used to change the locations each week. I did get the impression that this was a big inner circle.

This is probally totally irrelevant but I thought I would throw it out there:confused:

That's interesting!! Very Interesting....

Welcome to our new member from Europe!
In response to your question #6, I posted this on the last thread and still think that it is the only real explanation for how and why the press conference yesterday occurred:

THE PRESS CONFERENCE WAS OBVIOUSLY A DISTRACTION TECHNIQUE TO RELOCATE THE MEDIA AND KEEP THEM BUSY....... SO:

What happened during that time, does anyone know yet? The whole thing was clearly a set-up from the activity of CSI at the home this morning with investigators smugly smiling, the time delay while they got ready for the presser...also with officials laughing and joking in the background, the accidentally open mike, the obvious and overheard phone calls by officials, etc. The delay was not to get someone else there for the conference, it was obviously to make sure whatever they were doing elsewhere was set and ready to go while they kept the press busy with questions and NO NEW INFORMATION.

I have looked and looked and can not find. Could someone tell me when Tone said he last saw Caylee. Please

Tone says the last time he saw Caylee was June 2 at the pool at his apartment.

In response to your question #6, I posted this on the last thread and still think that it is the only real explanation for how and why the press conference yesterday occurred:

THE PRESS CONFERENCE WAS OBVIOUSLY A DISTRACTION TECHNIQUE TO RELOCATE THE MEDIA AND KEEP THEM BUSY....... SO:

What happened during that time, does anyone know yet? The whole thing was clearly a set-up from the activity of CSI at the home this morning with investigators smugly smiling, the time delay while they got ready for the presser...also with officials laughing and joking in the background, the accidentally open mike, the obvious and overheard phone calls by officials, etc. The delay was not to get someone else there for the conference, it was obviously to make sure whatever they were doing elsewhere was set and ready to go while they kept the press busy with questions and NO NEW INFORMATION.
Oh yeah!! I AM WITH YOU ON THIS ONE!!

That makes a lot of sense!

I have wondered about the comment from Cindy that Casey is afraid/does not trust local LE myself,not to say that that is true. But considering that Casey has supposedly dated 2 ex police something does not seem right.

Tone says the last time he saw Caylee was June 2 at the pool at his apartment.

If that's true then how to we make sense of the D.J., who claimed to be one of TonE's best friends, stating that he knows that Casey was at TonE's place the last two weeks of June and Caylee was not with her???
This was reported by Steph Watts on the Greta Van Sustern show of Thurs.night.:confused:

perhaps the amount of gas stolen can show them a general area and distance Casey might have travelled since the day she had the car?

-------------------------------

quote]

brought this over from the thread I started called 50 gallon (should have read dollar) road trip
http://www.automotive.com/1998/09/po...ire/index.html the Car the poi was driving was a 98 Pontiac Sunfire. The above link demonstrates that for this particular car, the miles per gallon is 24 miles per gallon in the city and 34 miles per gallon on the highway.

June gas prices in Orlando florida were an average of 3.95. Grandpa stated around fifty dollars of gas were stolen 24 June. Not knowing when he filled those cans I will estimate at the June average price... which means there were arounnd 12.6 gallons of gas.
http://www.orlandogasprices.com/

The following is a theory.

POI killed her daughter She knew she had to get rid of the body. She had no money and her car was on empty. She drives to her house between the hours of 8 and 10, backs into the driveway as she has her daughter's body in the trunk and the rear of the car has a lot of windows. She doesn't want her neighbor to see anything. She walks into the backyard to get gas cans out of the shed and finds the it is locked! She sees her neighbor doing yardwork in the back and asks to borrow a shovel. After the neighbor goes in to take a shower she breaks off the lock, gets the gas cans, and returns the shovel while neighbor is still in the shower and places the cans in the trunk. She drives to a secluded area to put the gas into the car and leaves the gas cans there or throws them into a dumpster somewhere.

She now has 12.6 gallons of gas in her pontiac sunfire. We know her car, when abandoned at amscott, was out of gas. 12.6 gallons of gas in a sunfire will go 302.4 miles. That would be 151.2 miles each way. So what locations can be around 150 miles from Orlando? Where could the poi have went on a 150 mile road trip... could she have dumped the body at this time?

If that's true then how to we make sense of the D.J., who claimed to be one of TonE's best friends, stating that he knows that Casey was at TonE's place the last two weeks of June and Caylee was not with her???
This was reported by Steph Watts on the Greta Van Sustern show of Thurs.night.:confused:

Because the last 2 weeks of June, Caylee wasn't with Casey. That's exactly what DJ said. Tone saw her on June 2 for the last time. So the last 2 weeks, Tone/DJ/everyone, didn't see Caylee with Casey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong