Status
Not open for further replies.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Brooklyn foster child Patrick Alford, 7, threatens to run away, then disappears

A 7-year-old Brooklyn foster child who threatened to run away to his biological mother disappeared Friday night when he left to take out the trash, police and family said.

Patrick Alford walked through the lobby of his Spring Creek Development home in East New York at about 9 p.m. with his foster mother to take a bag of garbage to a trash compactor, cops and family said.

[snip]

The young boy had just moved in with his foster family three weeks ago, and has attempted to flee to find his mother before, the family said.

More: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local..._7_threatens_to_run_away_then_disappears.html

ACS, NYPD Seek Missing Brooklyn Boy

The Adminstration for Children's Services worked with police Saturday to try to locate a missing Brooklyn child.

Patrick Alford, aged seven, was last seen Friday evening leaving the lobby of the Spring Creek Development in the Starrett City section of Brooklyn, where he lives with a foster family.

Alford's biological family says the boy was placed there by ACS officials when he was taken away from his mother. They also say a caseworker informed them that the boy was missing from his foster home.

ACS officials would not go into detail on Saturday about how the boy disappeared or why the child was removed from his original home.

More: http://www.ny1.com/9-staten-island-...s/112529/acs--nypd-seek-missing-brooklyn-boy/

Already missing for over 24 hours. :( Come home soon, Patrick.

Patrick_Alford_20100123214310_320_240.JPG

Hoping Patrick is warm and safe somewhere tonight.....

oh dear -- the streets are not safe for 7 y/o's....I hope they find him safe any minute now.

What worries me most is that we didn't hear anything about this yesterday. The media didn't have anything out about it until nearly 24-hours later. This is a SEVEN YEAR OLD!

Oh, good Lord, protect this child. 7 YO? Prayers.

What worries me most is that we didn't hear anything about this yesterday. The media didn't have anything out about it until nearly 24-hours later. This is a SEVEN YEAR OLD!

Yes, this is very disturbing in the least.
And Patrick has only been with that foster family for 3 weeks (if I read correctly)--not avery long time to adjust for a little one.
He sounds like he really misses/wants to see/ be with his mommy--very natural, imo.
The poor little guy must be soupset and his whole world has been turned around.
Heartbreaking--and I fear for his safety.
Way too long a time to get info out in the media!!!
:banghead:

Hoping, hoping, hoping for some good news soon that Patrick has been found safe.

oh no poor kid
hope he's found like now!

Already missing for over 24 hours. :( Come home soon, Patrick.

Patrick_Alford_20100123214310_320_240.JPG

I look at his sparkling eyes and big smile and I want to wrap my arms around him to protect him from all his fears,hurt, confusion. May Patrick be safe and found soon.

7 years old..this is scary.

Am I the only one with a hinky meter at RED alert here? The child went outside WITH his foster mother to take the trash out. When she went back in, he wasn't with her:waitasec::waitasec: Ummmm....... how does that work? You walk to the garbage can and back - together? At what point did he leave her side?

I have walked to the garbage can with my son in a number of different locations and I don't remember ever losing him? I'm not getting this, it makes NO SENSE!

Patrick - prayers for you sweetie. Where ever you are, may the angels protect you and guide you to safety.

Salem

Some info about the area where Patrick went missing from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starrett_City,_Brooklyn

Thanks for the link.
This is a good size town!!!!!What a bloody nightmare

153 acres, almost 5,00 apt units in 46 buildings with own security patrol-
****************snippet

[edit] Special Police Force

The proper name of the Special Police Force is Spring Creek Towers Department of Public Safety. Starrett City employs armed peace officers to preserve the life and property of the residents of the complex. Officers enforce New York State Laws as well as New York City laws. Starrett City is patrolled by Public Safety Officers 24 hours a day on foot, bikes, or in vehicles. The department also has various specialized units modeled after the New York City Police Department.
[edit] Demographics

As of the 2000 U.S. Census, there were 14,620 people living in Starett City. The demographics of Starett City were 44.7% African American, 38.0% White, 18.4% Hispanic or Latino and 4.1% Asian. As of 1999, the median family income was $68,525.************snipped

Am I the only one with a hinky meter at RED alert here? The child went outside WITH his foster mother to take the trash out. When she went back in, he wasn't with her:waitasec::waitasec: Ummmm....... how does that work? You walk to the garbage can and back - together? At what point did he leave her side?

I have walked to the garbage can with my son in a number of different locations and I don't remember ever losing him? I'm not getting this, it makes NO SENSE!

Patrick - prayers for you sweetie. Where ever you are, may the angels protect you and guide you to safety.

Salem

Well put!
And it seems this area has its own form of LE.
Lots ofplaces for little Patrickto hide--or worse.
RED ALERT for sure---he is only 7!!!

Salem

Nope. You're not the only one. Very, very strange story. Also, if he ran when he went to the trash, he likely didn't have any of his belongings with him, including extra clothes.

I also kind of got worried when she said, "He's [been] running away from the day he come in." Not sure what to make of this. Was hoping for a name of the foster mother and/or biological mother, but nothing yet.

Wonder when we will see bio mom?

It's been dark for awhile now, back there and I imagine it is pretty cold in New York this time of year. I hope he has found shelter or, better yet, that he has been found and is safe.

I'm not understanding how the foster mom lost him on the way to the garbage can? I'm worried.

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member