Sidebar Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning peoples!

This is out of nowhere.......
I have 2 new Grandbabies coming and a Great Great Niece arriving all within 2 months of one another. Making baby things with every spare moment I have. Shopping for babies has become my new hobby. I will browse racks and racks of baby clothes and items but when I see anything Winnie The Pooh, it stops me in my tracks. I can't hardly look at WTP, I can't buy WTP and sure can't make anything WTP.
Kinda silly huh?

I don't think it is silly at all and perfectly understandable. There is tons of stuff out there to pick from so don't beat yourself up over this!

Good Morning peoples!

I have 2 new Grandbabies coming and a Great Great Niece arriving all within 2 months of one another. Making baby things with every spare moment I have. Shopping for babies has become my new hobby. I will browse racks and racks of baby clothes and items but when I see anything Winnie The Pooh, it stops me in my tracks. I can't hardly look at WTP, I can't buy WTP and sure can't make anything WTP.
Kinda silly huh?

Winnie will never be the same to me, either.

Good Morning peoples!

Kinda silly huh?

Not silly at all!! Look where you are honey-we all understand!! For me, it's everytime I hear- You Are My Sunshine!! Still can't bear to hear it played or sung by anyone without thinking of Caylee!
sigh.gif

Wasn't Bye Bye Pontiac Day the last time we saw him?

Hope CA didn't accidentally knock him into the pontiac prior to it being smushed. Maybe while having a familial seizure?? Lawyer bills be gone! :floorlaugh:

Good Morning peoples!

Kinda silly huh?
-----------------
Hi Truth, congrats on your new babies!! No, you are not at all silly. So many times during a day I see things that remind me of sweet Caylee. I still cannot see a body of water without thinking of Laci and Conner. Life gives us many memories some not too sweet, but the people always will be...:seeya:

God Bless This Great Nation!:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og0V1UtjPt4"]U2 Superbowl 36 halftime performance where the streets have no name HD - YouTube[/ame]

There are some things done on this earth that once they are planned, thought out, and rehearsed, once it's showtime, the entire thing is touched, or otherwise blessed beyond earthly measure. It is as if the entire program is lifted beyond human limits.

captainamerica1967us (A YouTube Member's Comment)

Good Morning peoples!

Kinda silly huh?

Not silly at all ,IMO. You love Caylee and it hurts to be reminded of her life before she was murdered and what was found with her remains.
It probably doesn't help to know that Cindy and Casey chose WTP. I would avoid anything they found desirable. JMO.

ETA : Enjoy those new babies and have a ball shopping for them!!!!

I received this email from a friend, hope it's ok to post here.

THE PROGRAM:

On Sunday, September 11th, 2011, an American flag should be displayed
outside every home, apartment, office, and store in the United States. Any size flag, big or small, Or just a picture of a flag in your window. Every individual should make it their duty to display an American flag on this tenth anniversary of one of our country's worst tragedies. We do this to honor those who lost their lives on 9/11, their families, friends and loved ones who continue to endure the pain, and those who today are fighting at
home and abroad to preserve our cherished freedoms.

In the days, weeks and months following 9/11, our country was bathed in
American flags as citizens mourned the incredible losses and stood
shoulder-to-shoulder against terrorism. Sadly, those flags have all but
disappeared. Our patriotism pulled us through some tough times and it
shouldn't take another attack to galvanize us in solidarity. Our American flag is the fabric of our country and together we can prevail over terrorism of all kinds

So, here's what we need you to do .

(1) Take a moment to think back to how you felt on 9/11 and let those sentiments guide you.

(2) Fly an American flag of any size on 9/11. Honestly, Americans should fly the flag year-round, but if you don't, then at least make it a priority on this day.

Thank you for your participation. And God bless America.

Concerned papa:

Thank you for the video. It was so touching and uplifting

I received this email from a friend, hope it's ok to post here.

THE PROGRAM:

On Sunday, September 11th, 2011, an American flag should be displayed
outside every home, apartment, office, and store in the United States. Any size flag, big or small, Or just a picture of a flag in your window. Every individual should make it their duty to display an American flag on this tenth anniversary of one of our country's worst tragedies. We do this to honor those who lost their lives on 9/11, their families, friends and loved ones who continue to endure the pain, and those who today are fighting at
home and abroad to preserve our cherished freedoms.

In the days, weeks and months following 9/11, our country was bathed in
American flags as citizens mourned the incredible losses and stood
shoulder-to-shoulder against terrorism. Sadly, those flags have all but
disappeared. Our patriotism pulled us through some tough times and it
shouldn't take another attack to galvanize us in solidarity. Our American flag is the fabric of our country and together we can prevail over terrorism of all kinds

So, here's what we need you to do .

(1) Take a moment to think back to how you felt on 9/11 and let those sentiments guide you.

(2) Fly an American flag of any size on 9/11. Honestly, Americans should fly the flag year-round, but if you don't, then at least make it a priority on this day.

Thank you for your participation. And God bless America.
I looked for a thread for tomorrow...but haven't found one. Anyone see one?

I looked for a thread for tomorrow...but haven't found one. Anyone see one?

I, for one, would like to be able to use our Sidebar thread for the next 24 hours in remembrance of September 11, 2001.

Somehow, I feel more compelled to talk with my friends about that day than Casey Anthony or her family.

Not silly at all!! Look where you are honey-we all understand!! For me, it's everytime I hear- You Are My Sunshine!! Still can't bear to hear it played or sung by anyone without thinking of Caylee!
sigh.gif

Today I was waiting in line at the check out and I heard a small child's voice that sounded familiar. The child kept saying; "Jo Jo" over and over again. When it hit me after trying to figure out who the voice sounded like and what was being said, it took me a minute to force myself to turn and look at the kid.

I, for one, would like to be able to use our Sidebar thread for the next 24 hours in remembrance of September 11, 2001.

Somehow, I feel more compelled to talk with my friends about that day than Casey Anthony or her family.

Seconded.

Please feel assured, btw, that you have the thoughts of this household and many others we know here Downunder.

Many of you may not be aware that our own Prime Minister was in Washington on that day, and we experienced it 'live' just as you did. To us, it may as well have been happening here.

Having fought alongside you guys in WW2, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq 1 and 2, and now losing our boys girls in Afghanistan alongside your own, we like to lay claim that although small in number we are one of your closest and most familiar allies.

Again, our thoughts are with those who died, lost loved ones or suffered at hand of the Devil on that day.
A sad, sad day in history ... and one which changed the way we go about our daily lives .... but DID NOT defeat us.

I just did what jon_burrows suggested. I printed an American Flag from the web and have it displayed prominently in a window on the street-side of my home.

for anyone who has not read...can search new york times transcripts south north tower and of all flights. chilling.

and...the people who evacuated, went down avg of 30+ floors (hard enough on the legs) then had to walk home (no subway, cars, phone svc).

Seconded.

Please feel assured, btw, that you have the thoughts of this household and many others we know here Downunder.

Many of you may not be aware that our own Prime Minister was in Washington on that day, and we experienced it 'live' just as you did. To us, it may as well have been happening here.

Having fought alongside you guys in WW2, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq 1 and 2, and now losing our boys girls in Afghanistan alongside your own, we like to lay claim that although small in number we are one of your closest and most familiar allies.

Again, our thoughts are with those who died, lost loved ones or suffered at hand of the Devil on that day.
A sad, sad day in history ... and one which changed the way we go about our daily lives .... but DID NOT defeat us.

And please know that we just love you guys.....We share alot in common. Many of the people who first came to America were from the British Isles and came here as indentured slaves. Then the slaves from Africa arrived. We are strong because we know where our ancestors came from and although we are proud of that fact we are Americans first and foremost.

Let's pray for a quiet tomorrow and a better future for all. jmo

OMG you just made it soooooooooooooo much worse!!!!! Paaaaaaaasties!!! I am dying here!!!! :floorlaugh:

LOL..okay, calm down here. Let's see how can I pronounce it in written form. The a sounds like the a in "at" and not the sound of the a in "abroad". So its like one of the Boston Kennedy's is saying it...."pasties".

They're better than they sound.....:floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member