CA CA - Dona Perry, 68, Santa Rosa Valley, 5 January 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Dona Perry
Dona-Perry-1-JPG.jpg

Missing Woman Sought in Ventura County

"The Ventura County Sheriff’s Office/Moorpark Police Department needs the public’s help finding Dona Perry, who has been missing since the night of January 5, 2016.

On January 5, 2016, family members contacted the Moorpark Police Department and reported Dona as a missing person. According to family members, Dona was recently diagnosed with a serious medical condition. Dona was last seen by family members on January 5, 2016, at about 9:00 AM when she left her residence in the Santa Rosa Valley for scheduled doctors’ appointments in Thousand Oaks, CA. Dona did not go to her doctors’ appointments and was not prepared to be gone for an extended period of time.

Dona’s family and the Ventura County Sheriff’s Office are concerned for Dona’s safety and are asking for the public’s help in locating her. Anyone with information on Dona’s whereabouts is asked to contact Sergeant John Wright at (805) 797-7128 or the Ventura County Sheriff’s Office Dispatch Center at (805) 654-9511."

http://www.keyt.com/news/missing-woman-sought-in-ventura-county/37321208#.Vo8MuXZux84.twitter

Aww. This is so sad. Facing a serious medical condition, she in a no show at the Dr.'s appointment and her car is found near a trailhead. She went to be alone with her thoughts. I think she suicided in the woods.

Wow, I live right here in sleepy Moorpark and had not heard about this. I'll have to poke around tomorrow.

My parents live near Dona and this has been getting a lot of posts in the community group. Apparently she loves hiking. This is a trail used by mountain bikers and hikers. It's fairly steep.

I wonder if she was going for tests, if she was going to be told the results, or if she already knew she was terminally ill. (IF that was what was wrong. I am only surmising the "seriously ill" report.) If she were going for treatments or to get the results I would think she would have had someone drive her or at least be with her.

Sounds as though she decided to checkout under her own terms.

I wonder if she was going for tests, if she was going to be told the results, or if she already knew she was terminally ill. (IF that was what was wrong. I am only surmising the "seriously ill" report.) If she were going for treatments or to get the results I would think she would have had someone drive her or at least be with her.

She never made it to the appointments. It sounds like she went to the trailhead instead (or something else happened).

Oh I think she went to a place she loves to say good bye. I hope the family finds her remains.

She never made it to the appointments. It sounds like she went to the trailhead instead (or something else happened).

Yes, that is why I was questioning what caused her not to go and why she was alone.

I am following 3 cases of women who have disappeared that are getting up in years and haven't been found. Very sad. Janet Sue Miller, Sally Allan, and now Dona Perry.

It's sort of mind boggling nothing has been found yet. This isn't a treacherous trail (it's just somewhat of a steep climb), so it's not like she could fall of the side. If she was injured or got sick, you'd think she would be close to the trail. I don't know... if someone commits suicide, do they hide? I can't imagine her wanting to hide where she couldn't be found. She was married and seemed happy (other than her illness).

This also isn't in the middle of nowhere. This trail is maybe a few miles and ends at a large fire road at the top of the ridge that overlooks the neighborhood below. It's not like trails that head directly into the middle of the wilderness.

I find it amazing nobody saw her, but there was a threat of rain that probably kept everyone inside.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back