GUILTY KY - Xavian Cull-Munoz, 2 mos, crushed by drunk grandpa, Campbellsburg, 14 Feb 2008

White Rain

Reaction score
:furious:
A northern Kentucky man has been charged with reckless homicide in the death of his 2-month-old grandson.
David Cull, 50, of Campbellsburg was arrested on Thursday following the death of his grandson, Xavien Cull.
A preliminary investigation by state police determined the infant was killed when David Cull sat on a chair, crushing the baby who was on it.
"The infant had been placed somehow in a soft cushion chair, and the suspect allegedly, in an apparent intoxicated state, sat down in the chair where the infant was laying and passed out in the chair," Detective Steve Goodale of Kentucky State Police told WLKY.com.
Investigators said it's unclear how long Cull stayed on the infant, who was deceased when police arrived. Autopsy results are pending.
Police are also awaiting results of a toxicology report on David Cull. Investigators said he may have been intoxicated on prescription medication at the time. more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,331234,00.html

How intoxicated can you be to not notice a baby underneath you in a chair?

I remember when my child was that young. I wouldn't have placed her on any high surface without a hand on her, much less walking away and not noticing if someone sat down on her. I wonder what it was like in that house?

I can't even think of a comment except, what is wrong with people?

I think you would have to be pretty darn drunk ...

"David and Donna Marie Cull had custody of Xavian and his 5-year-old half-sister, WLKY.com reports."

So who gave these people custody and how badly did they treat their own child (parent of these two) and yet THEY get custody??????

I don't think any of us could understand that degree of drunkenness. Poor baby!

For the love of Mike. Ya know? I'm guessing he wasn't the only person there that was whacked out of his mind. Where's his wife at? Did she put the baby on the chair? Did he put the baby there? Ya know? People.

For the love of Mike. Ya know? I'm guessing he wasn't the only person there that was whacked out of his mind. Where's his wife at? Did she put the baby on the chair? Did he put the baby there? Ya know? People.

Filly, O/T but weren't you in FLA? Forgive me ifr NOT!

i'm sorry but wouldn't you have to be MORE than just drunk to have this happen?!?!
insert high, stupid, a number of different things here.

POSTED: 4:22 pm EDT October 15, 2009
UPDATED: 6:14 pm EDT October 15, 2009

HENRY COUNTY, Ky. -- A Henry County man will avoid prison time for causing the death of his 2-month-old grandson.

David Cull pleaded guilty to reckless homicide Thursday.

snip

Cull was given a five-year sentence, which was diverted for five years.

He already has completed a drug program.

As part of the plea agreement, Cull must continue with mental health treatment.

BBM
http://www.wlky.com/news/21308130/detail.html

i've been drunk enough to pee in a trash can but never ever sit on a baby....what is wrong with people :waitasec:

5/10/2008 9:00:00 AM

CAMPBELLSBURG - The grandmother of a 2-month-old infant, who was killed after police said his grandfather sat on him, has been arrested.

Donna Cull, 52, of Campbellsburg, was arrested on charges of reckless homicide and tampering with physical evidence. Cull had custody of the infant and his 5-year-old half-sister.

snip

When a family member woke Cull out of the chair around 5 a.m. that day, Xavian was unconscious and unresponsive. But, police were not called until around 7:30 a.m.

Child Protective Services came and took the 5-year-old girl and placed her with other relatives.

snip

Now, three months later, the police have arrested Donna Cull on charges similar to her husband's charges. Trooper Seth Willis said Friday in a telephone interview that Cull was arrested as a result of a court proceeding. Officials felt Donna Cull was "equally culpable and responsible" in the death of her grandson, Willis said.

BBM
http://madisoncourier.com/main.asp?SectionID=4&SubSectionID=253&ArticleID=43232&TM=32467.42

Going to look for sentencing information on grandma, but I'm sure it's much the same or less.

I'm not finding any information on Donna Cull beyond the arrest, so charges may have been dropped.

I have got to question the wisdom of CPS here. The little girl has already been through 2 relatives in this family and now she has been given to a 3rd? Is this really a good idea? I think not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back