Omaha double murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has any thought been given to it perhaps being a young parent of one of the boy's classmates? You know how kids are with teasing, etc. He was only 12 so he could have classmates with parents as young as early 30's.

"Has any thought been given to it perhaps being a young parent of one of the boy's classmates? You know how kids are with teasing, etc. He was only 12 so he could have classmates with parents as young as early 30's"

Yellow Dog- BINGO- one of the best ideas so far. It fits on so many levels. Such a perp would have known the school schedule and when Tommy would have been there. The address would have been available on the school student handbook which most schools have. He may have gone there with no intent other than to give the Hunter boy a talking to but somehow things got out of control. I have read many comments about Tom Hunter- most agree he was a nice kid but there's sometimes a little you can sense between the lines, he may have been a bit of a bully with an attitude. The perp may be someone from a different culture who asked for Tom at the door, Ms Sherman went and got him and the other two talked in the dining room. That's when something was said or things got ugly and the guy lost it. He took out Ms Sherman as a wttness. He may have taken knives just to scare the boy, but it is always possible he meant to kill him all along depending on the nature of the insult. Might that explain the fact that the boy was stabbed in the THROAT?

If so, he was local. Police could look for anyone who pulled their kid out of the school suddenly about that time or left the area. Just a thought, I'd be looking for someone from a middle eastern culture.

I have to say this never occured to me. It's an idea I may pass onto the detective I have been in touch with a couple times. Good One!!

My first impression of this case is that it was a revenge killing. The killer brought the knives with him in the briefcase. In some ways it reminds me of the Dr. Cornbleet murder in Chicago. He had his supplies in a backpack.

My feeling is the killer is a former or present student of the mother, he came to kill her but since she was out of town he killed her child instead.

The paused video game is interesting, but could be a coincidence. The boy may have paused to get something to eat or go to the bathroom. Or the boy might have heard the door, then heard some loud talk and paused to see what was going on. Or.. the housekeeper might have been asked some question which she called the boy up for an answer.

Anyway interesting case. I hope it gets solved soon.

"Has any thought been given to it perhaps being a young parent of one of the boy's classmates? You know how kids are with teasing, etc. He was only 12 so he could have classmates with parents as young as early 30's"

Yellow Dog- BINGO- one of the best ideas so far. It fits on so many levels. Such a perp would have known the school schedule and when Tommy would have been there. The address would have been available on the school student handbook which most schools have. He may have gone there with no intent other than to give the Hunter boy a talking to but somehow things got out of control. I have read many comments about Tom Hunter- most agree he was a nice kid but there's sometimes a little you can sense between the lines, he may have been a bit of a bully with an attitude. The perp may be someone from a different culture who asked for Tom at the door, Ms Sherman went and got him and the other two talked in the dining room. That's when something was said or things got ugly and the guy lost it. He took out Ms Sherman as a wttness. He may have taken knives just to scare the boy, but it is always possible he meant to kill him all along depending on the nature of the insult. Might that explain the fact that the boy was stabbed in the THROAT?

If so, he was local. Police could look for anyone who pulled their kid out of the school suddenly about that time or left the area. Just a thought, I'd be looking for someone from a middle eastern culture.

I have to say this never occured to me. It's an idea I may pass onto the detective I have been in touch with a couple times. Good One!!

Hi Snick:
Yes, that's along the same lines I was thinking. The father goes to the house, the housekeeper answers the door, he asks to speak to Tommy, the housekeeper calls Tommy and goes about her business, the father confronts Tommy, he denies, the father stabs him in the neck, the housekeeper hears the commotion and comes back to the dining room, the father panics and stabs the housekeeper.

I think you hit it on the head with the middle eastern culture. If this is what happened, I doubt they've left the area because that would call attention to them.

You guys are really good. The parent of a young student is likely since if it were a student of the mother and she wasn't home, he likely would have left to target her at another time. Revenge on her child and housekeeper would not have been the same revenge as revenge done to her directly.

I hope LE is listening to your theory. It does seem this was revenge done on the child with the housekeeper as a witness and, therefore, dispensable, at least to the killer.

The license plate wasn't a local one, so that's why I am thinking of a college student as the killer. The students came from all over the country to go to that medical school. Also someone who has studied his entire life to be a doctor and then doesn't make the grade might have a lot of rage.

The license plate wasn't a local one, so that's why I am thinking of a college student as the killer. The students came from all over the country to go to that medical school. Also someone who has studied his entire life to be a doctor and then doesn't make the grade might have a lot of rage.

It seems to me though that if that were the case, the killer would have gone for the doctor and the doctor wouldn't have been home at that time of the day.

It seems to me though that if that were the case, the killer would have gone for the doctor and the doctor wouldn't have been home at that time of the day.

True and the person with an out of state license plate could have just moved to the area and hadn't changed it to local. Or, the person borrowed someone else's car so he wouldn't be traced. I wonder if he offered to do any favors for someone from out of state for a few hours? The license plate could solve this mystery if it could be discerned.

The killer might not have known the Dr was out of town that day. I guess they need to figure out who the target was to find the killer.

On another note:
A 2008 license plate that is pink or peach is the South Carolina plate... it actually has both colors together.

Why do you believe it could be related to someone from a middle eastern culture?

True and the person with an out of state license plate could have just moved to the area and hadn't changed it to local. Or, the person borrowed someone else's car so he wouldn't be traced. I wonder if he offered to do any favors for someone from out of state for a few hours? The license plate could solve this mystery if it could be discerned.

If the car belonged to a medical student attending Creighton, it would be pretty easy for LE to spot it parked around the University. Maybe the killer had friends or relatives visiting and he borrowed their car for a little while and the car is no longer in the area. Some people save their old license plates, too. Maybe he put it on temporarily and took it off when he returned home.

If the car belonged to a medical student attending Creighton, it would be pretty easy for LE to spot it parked around the University. Maybe the killer had friends or relatives visiting and he borrowed their car for a little while and the car is no longer in the area. Some people save their old license plates, too. Maybe he put it on temporarily and took it off when he returned home.

The theory about the perp being an angry parent or relative of a kid in Tom's school was passed onto the authorities earlier this evening. I also included a link to our discussion, they may think we are a bunch of amateurs, but I think someone will at least look at it.
Chicagofa13- sorry if this remark offended anyone. If however you look at the composite drawing it to me resembles someone from that part of the world far more than it does an hispanic or asian. You are welcome to disagree. Also, I think that part of the world has a greater sense of family honor and if they felt their son or sibling was being disrespected that could have been the motive. I was not being prejudical, just stating how I may prioritize shifting through the possibilities.

The theory about the perp being an angry parent or relative of a kid in Tom's school was passed onto the authorities earlier this evening. I also included a link to our discussion, they may think we are a bunch of amateurs, but I think someone will at least look at it.
Chicagofa13- sorry if this remark offended anyone. If however you look at the composite drawing it to me resembles someone from that part of the world far more than it does an hispanic or asian. You are welcome to disagree. Also, I think that part of the world has a greater sense of family honor and if they felt their son or sibling was being disrespected that could have been the motive. I was not being prejudical, just stating how I may prioritize shifting through the possibilities.

Thanks for the explanation. I wasn't personally offended (I'm white bread protestant here!) but I wasn't sure where the idea came from. I try to keep an eye on this thread but I don't know all the details. And I agree in some ME cultures family shame is worth killing for/dying over. I think we've all seen that play out in the news.

Just one additional thought then I will give this a rest for tonight: Isn't it just as likely if not more so that this was the older sibling or relative of a child in Tom's class? The picture looks possibly to be an older teen. He could have borrowed a car from a friend for the day. He may be someone with mental health issues (family may be aware but not of the extent) and his family may be blissfully unaware to this day he did this thing. That would explain the gross overreaction to what was probably a teasing or minor bully thing.
I have been going back over some of the original newspaper articles about the victims. I know there was one about Tom that said among other things something to the effect that he was a 'leader' who was dominant even with older kids on the bus. Maybe LE needs to talk to the driver.
I am trying not to get too hopeful here, have been through so many false leads but this one has promise.

What about those brothers? Remember those Dungeon/Dragon players, or that new Warcraft, or that other new role play game? Perhaps a brother told someone there was money in the house? Did this victim really ride a school bus? Also, was it revealed whether those knives were from the household, or the perps? Also, did the housekeeper answer the phone in the house, or was it usually done by machine? I only ask that wondering if she had answered the phone earlier, and was expecting someone...anyone, like say a plumber, electrician, colleague coming by to pick up papers or something...Did the police, (or anyone videotape the funerals, like they did in the Waletka murders?) For whatever reason, the perp didn't wait for either of the wealthy doctors to return home....why not wait to kill them too? Wow, sad there is a killer out there, and no justice. Are the parents still in the area, and working? So sad....

Just one additional thought then I will give this a rest for tonight: Isn't it just as likely if not more so that this was the older sibling or relative of a child in Tom's class? The picture looks possibly to be an older teen. He could have borrowed a car from a friend for the day. He may be someone with mental health issues (family may be aware but not of the extent) and his family may be blissfully unaware to this day he did this thing. That would explain the gross overreaction to what was probably a teasing or minor bully thing.
I have been going back over some of the original newspaper articles about the victims. I know there was one about Tom that said among other things something to the effect that he was a 'leader' who was dominant even with older kids on the bus. Maybe LE needs to talk to the driver.
I am trying not to get too hopeful here, have been through so many false leads but this one has promise.

With the killer walking up to the door carrying a briefcase, it makes me think more of an adult. I have never seen the composite drawing or picture. Where can I see it?

You know I just found another article with pictures of the victims and the parents of the boy. Actually the housekeeper looks something like the mother/Dr. Maybe some family member died under her care, as she was a cardiologist. (again going back to a revenge murder like Dr Cornbleet) They really never saw the doctor or met her only briefly. I could see him thinking the housekeeper was the doctor, afterall she was in her home.

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/16658516.html

Good find! They do look similar. I don't know why, but I felt before I was led to believe the housekeeper was African-American. This puts a new spin on it for me. Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288