The Canvas Laundry Bags

Everly

Reaction score
Just so the info is here on WS for future searchers:

Documents describe the canvas bag that Caylee was in as a Whitney Design item #2516.

This is the online description of that #2516 model bag, with pic at the link:
http://www.organize.com/large-krush-can.html

Storage Container Large Krush™ Can by Whitney Design™
Item #2516
Equipped with a waterproof vinyl liner, this multipurpose storage container will not be ruined by dirt or moisture. Especially ideal for dorm and apartment living, where space is limited, this container is also great all over the home and particularly in children's rooms.

The Krush™ Container easily pulls open to take shape automatically when needed and "krushes" down when not in use. The pair of handle provide for ease of portability to and from the laundry room or Laundromat and makes it easy to carry from room to room.

Features:
• Durable canvas bag
• Lining for multipurpose storage
• Easily pops into shape when in use
• Folds flat for storage

Size: 25"tall x 17"diameter.

The one the detective found in the Anthony garage was of the same make and wire rimmed, "pop up" style but was smaller and rectangular.

What I find interesting is:
  • The bag had a PVC lining. That should have slowed down decomp fluids from leaking into the car trunk.
  • The wire frame that makes it pop up and hold shape... wouldn't that have made the trash bag even bulkier? Maybe they had removed the wire rims?

folds flat.........after everything was in the canvas bag, to put in the other big plastic bag, it might be collapsed and the other stuff layed on top of it? Just a thought.......

I thought there were 2 plastic garbage bags (double bagging) in the canvas bag.

ThinkTank alerted me to crime scene photos which we both think show the laundry bag and part of a black plastic bag with yellow ties.

picture.php

link to both varieties @target:

round krush
rectangular krush

as these are still sold at target, and they tend to rotate stock with reasonable efficiency, this may mean that they were newer. im not sure that this has any bearing, unless they were purchased after 15th... hm. or released after 15th. you know. (get redundant the later it gets, hehe)

these things look like a great storage solution for the plethora of stuffed animals that husband and i were just discussing what to do with tonight. too bad i could never buy them now.... well not the round one... just think! i'd never be able to look at it without thinking of caylee. :cry:

round krush
rectangular krush

as these are still sold at target, and they tend to rotate stock with reasonable efficiency, this may mean that they were newer. im not sure that this has any bearing, unless they were purchased after 15th... hm. or released after 15th. you know. (get redundant the later it gets, hehe)

these things look like a great storage solution for the plethora of stuffed animals that husband and i were just discussing what to do with tonight. too bad i could never buy them now.... well not the round one... just think! i'd never be able to look at it without thinking of caylee. :cry:
Thanks!

I was looking for a pic of a rectangular one.

Although the documents show that LE found a rectangular one during the search, they only describe that as "of the same make as the one found on scene" p 3378.

The picture at the remains site looks like a Whitney design "Round Krush". as I have shown

Looking at the open style.

I wonder if the clothes were just thrown on top to hide Caylees body or Caylee's body in a plastic bag?

We could still be dealing with Caylee being naked?

There could be another set of clothes "that we haven't even found yet" to quote The Beast.

Just to clarify -- The laundry bag i.e. Whitney Design item #2516, which was found with Caylee, is a circular design. The rectangular laundry hamper found at Hopespring is shown below.

15xobc8.jpg

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/3374B TO 3463B REDO.pdf
Thanks for that.

Just to clarify the clarification:

LE say the bag found at Hopespring is of the SAME BRAND. They did NOT say it was identical to the one found at the remains site.

I believe it was the opposite. The laundry bag was inside the plastic bags?

No, it seems that Caylee was inside of 2 bags, or at least there were 2 bags INSIDE of the laundry tote...so either she double bagged her, OR more horrible than that, she threw some garbage in on TOP of her to disguise what she was "toting"!:eek:

ThinkTank alerted me to crime scene photos which we both think show the laundry bag and part of a black plastic bag with yellow ties.

picture.php

Hey Hercule! Any chance you would have a quick link we could easily view what you are talking about in the crime scene that you believe is this bag? Pretty please...:blowkiss:

round krush
rectangular krush

The round one, #2516 as stated by the detective who found it, is the round Krush, and is 17" diameter by 25" high. Sadly macabre to think it, but it was almost a perfect size and shape to contain that little body with the knees bent. Could this canvas popup laundry bag have been what George said he saw in the trunk and called "clothes", I think?

I still wonder about the wire throughout this kind of bag that give it its cylindrical, can-like shape. That should have made this bag, even if it were stuffed inside the black trash bags, stand out for the bulky shape. Is that why the meter reader noticed it?

I know what you mean about not being able to buy this bag now. Funny isn't it? I have a large number of those same orange Home Depot buckets that CSI was using. I use them for gardening and every time I see them outside now, I think of the investigation.

now that we have a clear idea of the laundry bag, i am wondering about its use.
was it used for its leakproof liner? trash bags (especially double-bagging) deals with this. it seems to have wide handles, and i wonder i it was used for fear of the trash bag breaking when moving the body.

ok :sick:

No, it seems that Caylee was inside of 2 bags, or at least there were 2 bags INSIDE of the laundry tote...so either she double bagged her, OR more horrible than that, she threw some garbage in on TOP of her to disguise what she was "toting"!:eek:

This just makes no sense to me. A laundry bag setting out in the woods, light color... it would be SO CONSPICUOUS. I am wondering if the detective has the wrong item number and it is not the wire rim version? Didn't the meter reader at one time say he saw a gray or tan bag?

I just checked some reviews and it appears this is NOT the popup type of laundry container. like a kiddie hamper, but may have only a wire rim around the top of the bag. If so, it would be more flattened out, having only a round shape at one end.

Here is what one user said about the bag:
i bought this and it just wasn't worth the money. it doesn't stand up on it own. it does hold at least 2-3 loads of clothes and it is durable but it will topple over the second you let it go.

Hey Hercule! Any chance you would have a quick link we could easily view what you are talking about in the crime scene that you believe is this bag? Pretty please...:blowkiss:
The pic I have cropped here from the crime scene is amongst the thousands at My Fox Orlando Set #4 pic 17 onwards. About 7 or 8 pics of interest:

http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/021809remainsfoundOCSOpictures_set4/indexGallery.htm

The round one, #2516 as stated by the detective who found it, is the round Krush, and is 17" diameter by 25" high. Sadly macabre to think it, but it was almost a perfect size and shape to contain that little body with the knees bent. Could this canvas popup laundry bag have been what George said he saw in the trunk and called "clothes", I think?

I still wonder about the wire throughout this kind of bag that give it its cylindrical, can-like shape. That should have made this bag, even if it were stuffed inside the black trash bags, stand out for the bulky shape. Is that why the meter reader noticed it?

I know what you mean about not being able to buy this bag now. Funny isn't it? I have a large number of those same orange Home Depot buckets that CSI was using. I use them for gardening and every time I see them outside now, I think of the investigation.

Here is the line in the documents, and a link so you can read it. It states:
"There were two bags visible next to the skull. The black bag appeared to have been inside the tan bag. I could see additional bones within the opening of the black bag."
http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/3374B TO 3463B REDO.pdf

Page 4 of 90. :)

was it used for its leakproof liner? trash bags (especially double-bagging) deals with this. it seems to have wide handles, and i wonder i it was used for fear of the trash bag breaking when moving the body.

ok :sick:
I believe these bags have vinyl (waterproof) lining. That could be significant!!

Sounds right to me. Liner and handles very useful for the awful purpose. It also created a more benign appearance in the trunk... looked like a bag of laundry instead of garbage. We need to find what George described seeing in the trunk and what the meter reader described seeing in the woods early on. I think they both saw this canvas bag.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back