The letter from "Laura" posted in Casey's room

beach

Verified Expert
Reaction score
Pulling 2 of LancelotLink's posts over here to open up discussion on the letter.

lauraletter.jpg

Script gets a bit scruffy, but here ya go.

She's a groupie, IMO.
This letter seems to have been placed on the hastily made "look how normal my daughter is" photo boards CA littered the room with,
From what I can make out it says:
Casey,
My name is Laura. I am
old, born on March 19, 1986 (?)
that was crazy that I found
the same b-day as me! I
to let you know that I
___ that not everyone is sus
really that is how the media
the protesters are treating you

This next line is driving me nuts, so anyone with better eyes...

(Bighugs) (Bohiss)

These protesters should be locked up
wish I could go ____ ___
off ___ ___ ___ ___
believing you.

I can't make out any more with the programs I have.
From what I can make out, however, this letter was sent after the protesters showed up, so after she was bailed out?
Groupie...

Sleuth away.

Careful to note that at the time of opening this thread we do not have proof that the Laura in the letter is the same person as LB.

Why would LE be interested in photographing this particular letter and releasing it with the discovery photos???

Why would LE be interested in photographing this particular letter and releasing it with the discovery photos???

It's not that this particular letter was photographed and released by LE as discovery...the photo of the letter was taken along with a larger collage of photos from Casey's room

The photo was cropped and enlarged here on WS.
A WS'er noticed the letter at the bottom of a collage of pictures LE did take pictures of in Casey's room and the discussion began if this letter was sent to Casey from LB

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/18740442/detail.html
photo 17 is the one in question that has the letter on it..

I don't think LE thought it of any value, if it has any, at the time but just took photos of everything they could..

On first blush, the handwriting in the letter certainly looks similar to the report we have in LB's handwriting that was included in intermezzo's cool link.

Both of which are also eerily similar to KC's own script, and made me think there might be a few parallel personality characteristics. The creepy way that LB was insinuating herself into JB's daily life at the outset was very stalky and also reminded me of how KC sort of set up domestic shop with AL long before most females would consider it appropriate or at least not embarrassingly desperate-looking. The way LB seems to be comfortable with skirting the truth, or at least fine dealing with "half-truths" also seems congruent. jmlittleo

Another question. Did MS ask for LB DOB because they wanted to compare it to the letter from KC's room provided it was LB? If she lied about her birthdate would she be will to lie or fabricate other false evidence? In other words, how useful would she have been to defense if this is, in fact, the same person?

Another question. Did MS ask for LB DOB because they wanted to compare it to the letter from KC's room provided it was LB? If she lied about her birthdate would she be will to lie or fabricate other false evidence? In other words, how useful would she have been to defense if this is, in fact, the same person?

bbm
HMMMM

I will have to go and find my post...but LB did give her DOB and SSN to someone and she asked Baez WHY in an email

http://www.cfnews13.com/static/articles/images/documents/buchanancontacts0128.pdf

Page 25 email from LB to Baez Wed Jan 21 2009
Laura is telling Baez that Pat called her a few weeks ago and she gave Pat the info she had...Then asks why he needed her SSN and DoB.

Who is Pat in relation to Baez?...Baez's secretary, assistant, Investigator?

Page 26 email from LB to Baez Wed Feb 25 2009
LB: she has spoken with Pat a few times since the last time they talked.
LB: Pat seems to think her information will help when the case begins
LB: Hopefully she'll be able to come down to give her side of the story
Pagef

I think that it would be a funny "bite in the arse" to Cindy if this letter is from *the* LB, what with her staging and setting up Casey's room and all ~

Just one more peice of poetic justice served up on a bulliten board.

bbm
HMMMM

I will have to go and find my post...but LB did give her DOB and SSN to someone and she asked Baez WHY in an email

I think JB told her it was for his PI - although why anyone would need a SSN to investigate someone is beyond me. Well, we are dealing with DC here, maybe that's why...

As for her being useful to the defense, I seriously doubt JB thinks any farther ahead than ICA herself. He seems blissfully unaware or unconcerned about all kinds of conflicts of interest, and apparently expects others to be the same.

carried over from the Laura B backs out thread ...

Originally Posted by AZlawyer
I don't think LE was interested in the letter. If they were, they would have photographed it individually. I think it just happened to be in the "background photos" they were taking to document the execution of the search warrant. The photos taken during execution of a search warrant are not necessarily limited to photos of "evidence." They are often intended to establish the scene and the progression of the search: here's the bedroom as seen from the door; here are each of the walls; here's a closet; here's one shelf of the closet; here's a box on that one shelf; here's the box moved out of the closet; here's the box opened up; here's the item from the top of the box removed from the box; etc.
If anything, I think the LE photographer was just documenting anything "Caylee-related."

ThinkTank
Maybe that letter has a date on it - and it was posted in the evidence photo to establish a timeframe? Kinda like when they put a ruler next to a piece of evidence to photograph the true dimensions of the object.

On first blush, the handwriting in the letter certainly looks similar to the report we have in LB's handwriting that was included in intermezzo's cool link.

Both of which are also eerily similar to KC's own script, and made me think there might be a few parallel personality characteristics. The creepy way that LB was insinuating herself into JB's daily life at the outset was very stalky and also reminded me of how KC sort of set up domestic shop with AL long before most females would consider it appropriate or at least not embarrassingly desperate-looking. The way LB seems to be comfortable with skirting the truth, or at least fine dealing with "half-truths" also seems congruent. jmlittleo

I'm starting to get the creepy feeling that LB may have gone as far as to make her writing similar to Casey's. Good Lord, she needs an intervention and straightjacket stat!

I'd love to know whether March 19th is really her birthday, or was she just saying that to her wanna-be BFF? Anyone know? (P.S. "Assuming" it was LB, and not another Laura, LOL...of course)

I'm starting to get the creepy feeling that LB may have gone as far as to make her writing similar to Casey's. Good Lord, she needs an intervention and straightjacket stat!

her handwriting looks like it did as far back as her TES registration form, don't think she is writing like that to match KC's. I will say I don't think that letter is from LB. As stated, the letter just happened to be in the pictures LE took of the room.

The letters appear to have the same disarrayed sentence structure that LB's e-mails/correspondence have, and I am not talking about the parts that LancelotLink was unable to transcribe. After reading her depositions, her speech pattern is the same. Very disheveled/disjointed and basically manic.

I know 'Beach put in the OP that we have no proof this is from LB, but If I were a betting woman... well you know the rest. Good thread. Hopefully someone can fill in the gaps that LancelotLink couldn't. I don't know how he was able to transcribe as much as he did ;)

If you look at the bottom right-hand corner where you can see the letter, then look at the edges of the letter you can see a shadow. The letter is not part of the poster. It it being held up by someone (LE) so that it is included with the poster pictures. I am thinking for some reason they want to memorialize that letter without taking a photo of it individually. LB started making contact with MN immediately after her return from Florida in September. So did MN notify LE because he feared LB may be a stalker. She certainly sounds off-the-wall in those emails to MN. jmo

Well if this is true then it would not match whatever date is there on that letter....so it might not be LB who wrote that letter.

But then if you wanted to get KC's attention and you were a chronic liar what date would you have put down? lol

her handwriting looks like it did as far back as her TES registration form, don't think she is writing like that to match KC's. I will say I don't think that letter is from LB. As stated, the letter just happened to be in the pictures LE took of the room.

Glad I'm not alone in this thinking. :)

Well, the woman writing the blog from NJ definitely had no intellectual honesty....in this crazy case, it seems, honesty is relative-to how crazy you are!
I mean, JW might have thought she honestly was on George Bush's speed dial, who knows?

It's not that this particular letter was photographed and released by LE as discovery...the photo of the letter was taken along with a larger collage of photos from Casey's room

The photo was cropped and enlarged here on WS.
A WS'er noticed the letter at the bottom of a collage of pictures LE did take pictures of in Casey's room and the discussion began if this letter was sent to Casey from LB

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/18740442/detail.html
photo 17 is the one in question that has the letter on it..

I don't think LE thought it of any value, if it has any, at the time but just took photos of everything they could..

Not so sure about that. This letter is being held up by someone. Among those same released photographs of KC's room is a box of letters but this is the only one they show. Could this be because they were limited by their subpoena or was it attached to the board and they wanted to get it in the picture? Lots of questions as to why they would have included that particular letter. Could be they knew who LB was from MN. LB's emails to MN are certainly out there.

And yes I know where it started, on the Journal thread, as I was one of those that was going back and forth about it. With a search warrant they have to be careful so that is why I was questioning why this letter appears in that picture. LE thought, at the time, it needed to be put on the record. And my guess is MN complained to them about LB. And I bet MN told CA not to have anything to do with her....

It makes your head spin to think about everything that had been going on after TES did their searches in September of 08. JH, the PI, said someone told him about seeing KC's car backed into the area where the body was eventually found. So did the A's hear this rumor, too? Is that why DC was sent to search in that area? Some of this stuff sounds really out there but a lot is starting to make sense, too.

Someone else is involved, deeply because they did not arrest LB. They are after bigger fish but which big fishy is it? And where is GA? Maybe he has seen the light and knows what is coming down the road. jmo

I went back and looked at the whole photo again after reading Lambchop's post. She is right, the letter is being held up next to the picture board - you can see it is about 1/4 inch off the board. By looking at all the other pictures on that slide show, that board was on the door underneath anothe picture board. Now I am going to have to go way back and try to find the doc dump that included ALL the picture of her room and see if there is a clear picture of the door area with those two pictures boards. that way I will know whether the picture was attached to the board or held up to the board. Will post what I find, when I find it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back