Identified! FL - Bradenton, WhtMale UP10126, 50-70, Mar'12 - Name not found

Fin

Reaction score
I just read about this very interesting case. Seems intriguing to solve. No picture, but perhaps we do not need one with all the other medical clues.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/10126

Status Unidentified
Case number 2012-00175
Date found March 10, 2012 11:04
Estimated age Adult - Pre 70
Minimum age 50 years
Maximum age 70 years
Race White
Sex Male
Weight (pounds) 175, Measured
Height (inches) 67, Measured
Body Parts Inventory: All parts recovered

Recognizable face

Probable year of death 2012 to 2012
Estimated postmortem interval Minutes

Address 1 gulf of mexico
City ft myers
State Florida
County Lee
Circumstances of death
man was found on a boat traveling from Bradenton to Key West, he asked to ride with them. He stated his name was John and he is reported to have had a "British" accent. As they were sailing he was found unresponsive. He boarded the boat while it was docked at Moss Marine in Bradenton Florida.

Physical
Hair color Gray or Partially Gray
Head hair unkempt gray, stright hair measuring approximately 1 1/2 inches.
Facial hair thick, gray to brown mustache and beard
Left eye color Hazel
Right eye color Hazel

Scars and marks central mid lower neck has a scar consistent with a remote tracheostomy scar. The abdomen has a vertically oriented well healed surgical scar. The right lower abdomen has a transversely oriented lineral well healed surgical scar.

Fingerprints submitted to local LEO, will be put through DHS also

Clothing on body A blue short sleeved t-shirt "Crabby Bills" motto on front and back, grey fleece sweat pants, Fruit of the Loom size xl

Comments dental will be available in the future

Also hip replacements? Aren't those parts numbered?

1 Great Britain
1.1 England
1.2 Scotland
1.3 Wales
2 Ireland
2.1 Ulster
2.2 Connacht, Leinster, and Munster
2.3 Irish Travellers
3 North America
3.1 Canada
3.2 United States*
3.3 West Indies and Bermuda
4 Southern hemisphere
4.1 Australia
4.2 New Zealand
4.3 South Atlantic
4.3.1 Falkland Islands
4.3.2 Saint Helena
4.4 Southern Africa
4.4.1 South Africa
4.4.2 Zimbabwe
4.4.3 Namibia

(summed from Wikipedia)

**I would assume the sailors were from the US and would thus recognize a US accent as different from other English accents.

To which I would add Pakistan, India, and Sri Lanka, and probably Kenya as well. All former British dependencies with a large population that speaks English extensively.

Considering they were in Florida, West Indies would seem a good place to start. BVI, maybe.

Also hip replacements? Aren't those parts numbered?

2 yrs ago a medical examiner's office in Florida tried to do a reverse search through Synthes medical products. They had the orthopedic part and the number. The company could limit the product to groups of hospitals but could not trace the serial number to a specific individual. I was surprised, as I thought that once recorded on the chart, that the company was notified who has the part for recall purposes. I am not sure if this the way it is still done (this was an older case I recall) but contacting the company with the serial numbers was a dead end for that UID.

True, but I would think the Florida guys would have recognized a Caribbean accent.

There are a lot of Brits living in the British Virgin Islands too...there are expats living all around the Carribean. There are also people who are there as missionaries or doing work for NGO's...I have a few friends who work in Haiti or travel there frequently...of course, there are also people who travel back and forth for less than noble reasons too, I'm sure.

I wonder if he seemed to know anything about boating? Could this guy have been a hand on a commercial vessel, or even employed on a cruise ship? Maybe he was trying to make it to another port of call to pick up work...seafaring folks tend to be gone for long stretches of time and can work or live very far from home. They might be the type to not be reported missing right away, or to go for long periods of time without contacting family.

Crabby Bill's seems to be local to Florida, fwiw.

So this guy is wearing a local chain food place shirt, no luggage and no ID. I wonder what he talked about with his "ride". He had to have an explanation for why he was going to point B.
He sounds like he is either on the run or is confused. Possibly had been stranded and was trying to get back home? IDK, but last night I was looking at some guy missing off a cruise ship and another guy (with slight irish accent) who had disappeared in FL 10 years ago (strange business dealings). I think both are no-gos for this UID.

Is there a Crabby Bills in Bradenton? I know there is one in St Pete Beach and Tarpon Springs. Was one in Palm Harbor that closed a couple years ago and one on Courtney Campbell Causeway between Clearwater and Tampa but Hulk Hogan just bought it and is making something else. Crabby Bills Originated in Pinellas County

A photo of the "recognizable face" would really help. I wish they would release a photo or sketch.

Circumstances fit, although there's no indication that John Morford has a British accent.

However, the height (5'7" vs 6'0") is quite different and it's unlikely that a British person in Florida would be homeless... possible but how easy would it be to operate as an illegal immigrant? I can't see any way to be legally homeless in a foreign country - although of course someone could have dual nationality, have obtained citizenship and then had a business fail, etc...

GetPicture-56300052.jpg

Here is a John from the UK that has been missing since January of 2012 from the Bahamas.

BATCHELOR, JOHN WILLIAM
Male
Date of birth :
03/01/1940 (73 years old)
Place of birth :
SOUTHWELL, GREAT BRITIAN , United kingdom
Nationality :
Canada, United kingdom
Language spoken :

English
Date of disappearance :
15/01/2012 When 72 years old
Place of disappearance :

West End, Grand Bahama, Bahamas

6158364_89876d925b_s.jpeg

Batchelor has weird circumstances in his disappearance.

Local Police in Grand Bahama are in search of a missing Canadian man after a boat, believed to be his, was found without attendance in waters off West End.
The mystery surrounding the whereabouts of a Canadian man who went missing at sea continues to deepen after reports surfaced yesterday that his sail boat had been "ransacked". Nathan Moody, an employee of the Old Bahama Bay resort, said B.A.S.R.A was called to investigate after the boat had been anchored several miles off the coast for around a week.

Starving dog the only trace left of sailor missing in Bahamas

When officers with the Royal Bahamas Police Force climbed aboard an abandoned 30-foot boat last week, they found little more than a starving dog and a Canadian flag. The boat’s owner, 72-year-old John William Batchelor, wasn’t there. It’s not known how long the vessel was in the waters between two small Bahamian islands. Police in the Bahamas are treating the Canadian man’s disappearance as a missing person’s case.

http://shortcut.blog.ca/2012/02/01/john-william-batchelor-12595513/

Nevermind about Batchelor. He is 6 feet tall and has blue eyes. No match.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back