TX - Assaulted, priest denies knowledge of beer, condoms, lube jelly in motel room

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
A mystery of ol' San Antone. Apparently.

Priest recovering after apparent, unexplained, Southtown motel assault .(San Antonio Express-News)
A Bastrop priest who was found by police last week standing in the doorway of his Southtown motel wearing only his underwear, the victim of an apparent assault, left authorities with several unanswered questions about why he was there.

Father Rafael Padilla, 42, was unable to tell police who may have caused the swelling, cuts and bruises on his face and arms.

Padilla also couldn't explain to police why there was a cold, unopened beer, condoms and lubricating jelly inside the motel room or who the items could belong to, according to the police report.

He checked into the Relax Inn in the 500 block of Roosevelt Avenue about 11:30 a.m. on May 29 and hotel staff told police that 30 minutes later Padilla called them asking for an ambulance.

An ambulance took Padilla, who was complaining of head pain, to San Antonio Military Medical Center for treatment, according to the police report, but when questioned about how he was injured he said “he thought he was dreaming and didn't know what was going on.”
---
the rest at the link above

reminds me of the priest in handcuffs story that was local to me.

Many times in my youth, at a motel I thought I "was dreaming and didn't know what was going on."

And I was desk clerk.

Many times in my youth, at a motel I thought I "was dreaming and didn't know what was going on."

And I was desk clerk.

:floorlaugh:

Back in my earky 20s, I was once high as a kite with my now-husband, and in the middle of the night we checked into a motel after an evening of partying (didn't want to drive).

Woke up the next morning, there were champagne bottles, overflowing ashtrays, that we didn't remember drinking/using.

No unexplained box of condoms or lube, but we did notice suddenly that the bed was heart shaped, and the hot tub had mirrors on the ceiling over it. :lol:

Never noticed those room features the night before. Definitely felt like I was dreaming, except the hangover was a clue I wasn't. Didn't call the police tho, just checked out quietly... :lol:

Father Rafael definitely should have just checked out quietly, hahahaha.

That desk clerk job was a trip. I was 19. On weekends, I and my cohorts of similar age could "rent" ourselves rooms (without payment) and so on. Lord, the trouble we barely avoided getting into, as all Responsible Adult Employees were elsewhere.

Is t it amazing people get through some of the stuff we pull in out teens and early 20s?

Of course, Father Rafe is 42... Which of course isn't old, and needs of the flesh and all, I guess... :giggle: but you'd think by this age he'd have learned to be a bit more discreet than calling the cops after a motel romp goes badly. :giggle:

Wonder if his date will ever come forward lol...

Ok, so WHY was he at the motel? Was it sanctioned business or what?? This would be a vital detail.

Is t it amazing people get through some of the stuff we pull in out teens and early 20s?

Of course, Father Rafe is 42... Which of course isn't old, and needs of the flesh and all, I guess... :giggle: but you'd think by this age he'd have learned to be a bit more discreet than calling the cops after a motel romp goes badly. :giggle:

Wonder if his date will ever come forward lol...

I think he might not have called the cops as such. He told the hotel staff that he wanted an ambulance because of his injury. It could be that the hotel people asked for the police as well or 911 decided that the police should investigate an apparent assault.

Ok, so WHY was he at the motel? Was it sanctioned business or what?? This would be a vital detail.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck...

I need to go dig up the thread about the priest in my old church in Colorado that got jogging in "the all together." He's not a priest anymore, to the knowledge...I will see if I can find the link. I think it was posted in the "unusual" forum...

Not much different, but a bit more info.

the responding officer noted that Padilla-Valdes was standing in his room with the door open, wearing only underwear, with what appeared to be swelling and abrasions to his face and arms. The officer also noted in the report that he saw condoms and beer in the room and that Padilla-Valdes appeared to be under the influence of alcohol and drugs.

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/local/priest-assaulted-in-san-antonio/nYDsk/

Oh dear. I'm sure I'm already on the fast track to hell, so I'll just go ahead anyway and admit that I'm way disappointed by his photo. :innocent:

I do see it unusual that it happened a half hour after he checked in. Did he have an "appointment" with someone that just planned on beating the cr*p out of him?

I mean they must have just walked in the door and started in on him.

Though he could have run in to someone who had a grudge against priests I guess. Maybe someone who had had a "close" connection to one at a younger age and still held a grudge.

The lube makes me think he may have been looking for a duck with a drake.

ResizeImage.aspx

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/bastrop/bastrop-priest-assaulted-is-san-antonio-motel

According to WOAI , the NBC affiliate in San Antonio, said Padilla was found beaten up in a motel room in an area of San Antonio known for drugs and prostitution.
The station said police found the priest wearing only his underwear with deep cuts and bruises to his face and arms.
Yeah, when I saw the motel address the first thing I thought was "rough trade." Don't know if it was near the parish he was supposed to attend on Sunday or not as I don't know which church he was supposed to be visiting.

The original online Express-News one-liner "click here" sentence said that he was supposed to be guest pastor. Not sure if that's right or not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back